PDA

View Full Version : Call OF Duty anybody??

SOCALX45
04-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Just wondering if anyone plays Call fo duty 5 here online on XBOX 360 and if so how do u like it? Also i play a lot so if your interested hit me up, my gamertag is KILLA RN X45. haha i know im an adult playing video games...yeah yeah i know i already get enough crap from my wife.. but everyone has a dumb hobby.:D:banana:

CantRepeat
04-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Nothing dumb about "your" entertainment. I just cut the grass instead. heheh.

bigmac
04-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I play COD4 and COD5 online a lot, but I'm not a console gamer...PC only. Great games.

shepherd
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I play COD4 and COD5 online a lot, but I'm not a console gamer...PC only. Great games.

I didn't know you could do that. I have the old WWII CoD games on my PC and they were a lot of fun. How do you play online? Link?

(I really don't need this. :rolleyes: I get addicted to **** like that.)

bigmac
04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I didn't know you could do that. I have the old WWII CoD games on my PC and they were a lot of fun. How do you play online? Link?

(I really don't need this. :rolleyes: I get addicted to **** like that.)

It's part of the game program. All you need is the game installed on your computer and an internet connection. The installation on your PC has both single player mode and multiplayer mode. If you boot up multiplayer mode, you have the option of playing over a LAN, or playing over the internet (assuming that you have an active internet connection). The game will then scan the Activision Master Server and bring up, literally, more than 10,000 active game servers. Select one, click "connect" and play. PC's can't play online against console games, only against other PC's. Connection speed to the game server you choose is important. I get good pings to many, many servers, but with some...not so much. Notably, servers located overseas have slower connections, but the game does accommodate that to some degree, accounting for connection speed and I frequently see Europeans on the servers where I play. One guy in particular that kicks butt regularly on the server where I play most is from Poland.

I only Single Player mode for a few levels, only enough to get used to the controls and weapons. Playing the computer is boring IMHO. The level of game play against real human opponents is far more interesting and far more fun.

COD and COD2 both have multiplayer online capability, although I'm not sure how many active servers there are for those older games. Even so, there are still many Quake 3 online game servers still going, and that game is 10 years old. Boot up your COD or COD 2 game, select multiplayer mode, click "join game", and see if you can find any active servers (multiplayer mode doesn't require that the game disk be in the drive). Look for one with a ping of less than 100.

TX.X-30 fan
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
My son loves to play COD4 on his wii.