PDA

View Full Version : Zf 450 D Over Heating

haayjay
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I have a 1995 200v meristar w/LT 1 ,hurth zf 450 D. The trans is over heating at 195%.motor runs at 167%.No water blocks ,changed the filter in trans(could of had poor oil flow clauged filter).Looking for help. I'm in Lake Havasu Az. and no one around hear work on thease trans. Don't figer we are at a lake too.:confused:

CantRepeat
04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
What transmission do you have? Well I found out what it looks like. It some what looks like a Velvet Drive from the outside.

Does the transmission have an inline cooler? If so does it look like this one?

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R147014

If so I would take the leading hose off and look for junk in the line.

Also, you say it's overheating. What is the transmission doing? Is it slipping or is the buzzer going off?

haayjay
04-24-2009, 12:27 AM
yes. it looks like that. I pulled the lines off and blew throw them. Trans is locked up and pulling strong. boat will still do 53 mph. with one in the boat. It has just started doing it and I dont waunt to burn it up.

CantRepeat
04-24-2009, 04:50 AM
So are you saying lockup as in there when you put the transmission in neutral it still goes forward?

If so, does it do this when it's cold or just after it's warmed up?

haayjay
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
no ,when it is in neutral it is out of gear.it has only happen three times so far.I have put it on the trailer each time and tryed to fix it w/o luck.

CantRepeat
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
So when you say it locks up are you saying when you put it in gear at some point it stops going forward? If that is the case and you have changed the oil then you most likely have burned clutchs.

haayjay
04-24-2009, 08:48 PM
no. I meen that it is working properly.

Today I checked the trans linkage and found that it was not going into gear fully.I adjusted the throw on the linkage so mabe now it wont over heat. We will see .If the wind isnt blowing too bad i'll take it ot for a test run.

CantRepeat
04-25-2009, 03:58 PM
no. I meen that it is working properly.

Today I checked the trans linkage and found that it was not going into gear fully.I adjusted the throw on the linkage so mabe now it wont over heat. We will see .If the wind isnt blowing too bad i'll take it ot for a test run.

Good luck, I hope that's all it is!!

haayjay
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
me too. Today looks like it is going tobe a nice day on the water(sunday).