PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X30 Missing seat cushions?

bkboinzy
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Looking to see if there's a place that has complete seats for sale from salvage yard from damaged boats ect? My local dealer can buy skins and have some supports and foam made but not factory. Dealer said mastercraft doesn't have complete seats. Looking for rear seat center and starboard side front seat (small corner behind driver). Thanks Brian

TX.X-30 fan
04-20-2009, 10:42 PM
All the ones that get stepped on a lot. Like to hear responses.

FlatBoard
04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Ditto. The same two cushions in mine also have excessive wear. Good luck.

bmorgan4
05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I am missing the same seat for my 2001 x30 and no help here either! I need to find a new one somehow.. How can mastercraft be so neglectful?

TX.X-30 fan
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I am missing the same seat for my 2001 x30 and no help here either! I need to find a new one somehow.. How can mastercraft be so neglectful?

Check My Matercraft they have them. Charlotte MC. $$$$$

bmorgan4
05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I have tried mymastercraft. They can not get anything older than 2004. This is the most bizarre thing ever. I am thinking about hopping in my car and driving down the interstate until I find the old cushion. At this point, I do not know what else to do, except be missing a seat in my boat forever. I will definitely be calling mastercraft tomorrow and letting them know that this is terrible.

TX.X-30 fan
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I have tried mymastercraft. They can not get anything older than 2004. This is the most bizarre thing ever. I am thinking about hopping in my car and driving down the interstate until I find the old cushion. At this point, I do not know what else to do, except be missing a seat in my boat forever. I will definitely be calling mastercraft tomorrow and letting them know that this is terrible.

Really cause I saw the complete seat listed on their site. If they only have the skin then get some foam and starboard and make a seat or have one made right??

I understand your frustrated but you can't think MC would keep complete seats for 900 different configurations over the last 5 years right?? Not much to that seat when you think about and the skin is available.

Was the snap pulled out of the boat when the seat went flying out??

bmorgan4
05-18-2009, 11:03 PM
On their website they do not clarify the year. I talked with Brian and he said that they only carry skins for the previous 4 years of boats and they carry the entire seat for the previous 3 years of boats. So right now you can get 06 and up seats or 05 and up skins directly from mastercraft.

I do expect more that this from mastercraft. When my tahoe needs something fixed I take it to my chevrolet dealer and they fix it. Never have I been told...no we can not replace that the part is no longer made. If they can not afford to hold onto the old molds then they should change their interiors less. I would understand if my boat was a 1988 but a 2001? Sure it is 8 years old, but in terms of interior, they have only changed things once since then.

And yes, I always keep the snap snapped when towing. I actually checked it prior to pulling while I was filling up my tahoe with gas. You also make it sound easy to replace this seat, but I do not see this being easy. There is no way I will be able to make this look like a normal seat. I am going to keep calling around and try bringing this problem to mastercrafts attention a little more than it is and see what can be done, for myself and for others.

Thanks for the reply and keep me updated on any news anybody finds...I would love to have my rear seat!