PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Sender location Prostar

Commandohorn
04-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Need help locating the fuel sender at the tank on a 1989 Prostar. My old TriStar had a hatch cover making it easy. I'm guessing I have to pull a floor panel for this boat? My gauge reads full until the last quarter of a tank then swings to almost E. Thanks!

flipper
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I think you have to drag the tank out a little to get to it. sounds like you may be able to just pull the sender apart and clean up the float inside.

TMCNo1
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Need help locating the fuel sender at the tank on a 1989 Prostar. My old TriStar had a hatch cover making it easy. I'm guessing I have to pull a floor panel for this boat? My gauge reads full until the last quarter of a tank then swings to almost E. Thanks!
Been there, done it on our '89.
Take the back seat out, remove the vertical panel in front of the tank and with a short screwdriver, you can change out the sending unit in about 20 minutes, just sitting on the floor, as there is plenty room over the top of the tank under the deck. A MC dealer should be able to get you a replacement or you can get one here, http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5903325.

Commandohorn
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks! I'm glad I asked because the TriStar was in front of the pylon, I wouldn't have thought to look in the back!