PDA

View Full Version : E Coast reunion Itinerary

MarkP
05-18-2005, 04:19 PM
The 2005 East Coast Reunion will be held just outside of Knoxville, TN, June 17th and 18th, at Shanghai Resort on Lake Norris.

2005 East Coast Itinerary

Friday June 17, 2005

12:00 pm Registration Opens

1:30 – 4 pm Boat Judging Contest

4:30 pm Registration Closed

5:00 pm Boat Run to Sequoyah Marine for dinner
Saturday June 18, 2005

10 – 12:30pm Boating for all. Hangout with MC staff and owners

12:00 pm Poker Run Registration

1:00 pm Poker Run Starts @ Shanghai

4:30 pm Poker Run Ends @ Shanghai

5:30 pm? Awards Ceremony and Dinner

Directions to Shanghai Resort

1042 Shanghai Road

Lafollette, TN 37766

(423) 562-7651

From 75N/75S

Take exit 134 onto US-25W, go past 6th stop light (6.3 miles)

Turn Right onto Hunters Branch RD

Turn Right onto Demory RD. (approx.3 miles)

Turn Left onto Shanghai Road, look for the MC banners.(look for small general store on left)

MarkP
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Looks like its going to be a blast!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if there are any more activities than this? I was hoping to see some clinics (wakeboarding) or "meet the pros" type stuff on the itinerary.
Who's been to a reunion that can give an inside view to a (potential) reunion newbie???

MarkP
05-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if there are any more activities than this? I was hoping to see some clinics (wakeboarding) or "meet the pros" type stuff on the itinerary.
Who's been to a reunion that can give an inside view to a (potential) reunion nubie???
I haven’t been to one. I see the “clinic” thing going on at the Midwest Reunion but not the others??http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2116

MarkP
06-08-2005, 11:01 PM
I haven’t been to one. I see the “clinic” thing going on at the Midwest Reunion but not the others??http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2116

Whats up with that TMC???

TMC
06-08-2005, 11:43 PM
I wanted to address your question regarding the clinics. To be honest, we tried to work that out for this year but this is a very busy time for our athletes and we tried to schedule it too late. However, we are definitely going to work on it for next year.

We were thinking instead of having the reunions on just Friday and Saturday to start them on Thursday with a full day of clinics. So Thursday would be a full day of skiing / boarding / tubing (pro tubing coached by me) clinics and then Friday morning is hitting the lake some more while everyone gets there for the social element of the reunion. What do you guys think of that? What do you think such an offering is worth?

Sorry for not having the clinics this year but if all goes well next go around, there will be a full day of them! Thanks for your patience as we work to improve TMC each day!

Jason B.

MarkP
06-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Frankly I’m amazed you saw that question so quickly.

Personally, the clinics are less of a factor for me. Not saying I wouldn’t love a chance to participate but I am more interested in the social and family activities this event seems to offer.

Dude, Aren’t you on the East coast??

JEREMY79
06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
getting closer

georgea0731
06-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Yes, I agree there should be clinics. I've always gotten something from the pro's and been thrilled to see them in person at Homecomings and Boat Shows.

In addition, recommend you look at the scheduled days again. I can get a Friday off, but it's difficult to take another day off. For those that can only come on Sat. & Sun, recommend you have clinics on Sat and/or Sun too. Some families will be restricted to only 2 days.

I'd also like to see a clinic on winterizing your boat or other basic repairs or installation with factory maintenance representatives to answer those lingering questions (warranty questions too) about everyday boat noise, conditions, etc.

Cloaked
06-17-2005, 06:39 AM
I live nearby, in the general area of Norris Lake. The weather is predicted to be just about perfect here this weekend. Enjoy the event!!!

sizzler
06-17-2005, 06:48 AM
JUST CHECKED OUT THE WEBSITE FOR NORRIS......awesome.......wish we had places like that overhere...

JEREMY79
06-17-2005, 11:51 PM
I just got home from the reunion. Met up with MarkP. We had a good time. Will have to post the pics when I get them back. :D MarkP and his family---very nice people.