PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Spacers?

Big Dogg
04-20-2009, 02:07 AM
I may be asking a rather unintelligent question here, but... has anyone or is it possible to put a throttle body spacer on a marine engine? I know with trucks/suvs they are often added without any consequence and a slight HP/Torque/efficency gain. What would stop the same possible gains in a marine motor.

The only thing i can think of is the amount of air flow, however, a marine engine still has to have air inorder to cause combustion.

Whats all of your thoughts....

I dont have an MC but my motor is a GM 305 Block.

Andyg
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
You would probably get a larger performance increase by cleaning your air filter / flame arrestor. They're gimmicks and don't work.

Big Dogg
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
You would probably get a larger performance increase by cleaning your air filter / flame arrestor. They're gimmicks and don't work.

It looks as good as the day it left the showroom. Its one of those regular maintaince things on my boat. Thanks for the suggestion!

TX.X-30 fan
04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I gained a 5% increase in horsepower by greasing my muffler bearings.

Monte
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Did you use a left handed screwdriver on the install:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Got you beat TX............15% fuel savings with my tornado. I plan to switch to a tunnel ram intake so I can run two and save 30%!

Big Dogg
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah and while im considering that left handed screw driver to grease my muffler bearings, I had better check my running lights, they are running low on fluid!

Thanks guys! :D