PDA

View Full Version : 2001 19 Skier Speedometer

markgarrigan
04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
One of the Speedometers has a crack in the clear plastic cover.

I've looked on mymastercraft.com, ebay, google, for a replacement part with no luck.

Mastercraft also says they do not have any.

Does anyone have any special knowledge of where to find something like this.

This boat was just bought used and does not have an original owners manual. Wondering if any knows if those gauges are digital w/analog displays. Or are they completely analog.

Thank You for any info.

TMCNo1
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
One of the Speedometers has a crack in the clear plastic cover.

I've looked on mymastercraft.com, ebay, google, for a replacement part with no luck.

Mastercraft also says they do not have any.

Does anyone have any special knowledge of where to find something like this.

This boat was just bought used and does not have an original owners manual. Wondering if any knows if those gauges are digital w/analog displays. Or are they completely analog.

Thank You for any info.

Do you have speedometer pitots on the transom or a paddlewheel assembly in the hull?

east tx skier
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Keep watching ebay. Figure this is not airguide, or is it? If so, just keep watching ebay.

An expensive option is to install perfect pass and replace the speedo with the perfect pass gauge.

Monte
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
If it is just the clear plastic lens. Is there a possibility of taking it to a glass shop and letting them copy it? Just a thought

markgarrigan
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the answers.

I believe that we found a dealer in Indiana who says they can get the parts. I will know more in the upcoming days. When I find out, I will post the info here for reference for anyone else that might ever be in the same situation.

TMCNo1 : I'm unsure about the pitots or paddle wheel. I'll be working on the boat more tomorrow morning and can report back. Is there a one or another answer? If pitots then all digital and If paddle wheel then all analog?

Thanks again.

JohnE
04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the answers.

I believe that we found a dealer in Indiana who says they can get the parts. I will know more in the upcoming days. When I find out, I will post the info here for reference for anyone else that might ever be in the same situation.

TMCNo1 : I'm unsure about the pitots or paddle wheel. I'll be working on the boat more tomorrow morning and can report back. Is there a one or another answer? If pitots then all digital and If paddle wheel then all analog?

Thanks again.

Either one would be analog I believe.

jasonba1
04-17-2009, 01:50 PM
If you dont have luck there try Jim jackson at viper customs I think he has them. His number is 865-388-4096. He is currently restoring 4 mastercraft and has lots of older parts in stock

markgarrigan
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Newest developments. The dealer in Indiana was mistaken, no parts for it.

TMCNo1: There are two pitots on the boat.

jasonba1: Thanks. I'll give him a call on Monday. Where is he located? Just wondering for time zone.

Thanks again.

woftam
04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Maryville, TN. I think?

markgarrigan
04-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Jim is looking into getting a speedo. I'll report back for those interested. Maybe some day when it stops snowing in Northeast Wisconsin, we'll take the boat on the water and get some pictures of the new old ride.

bigmac
04-21-2009, 11:03 AM

Paddlewheel only works with electronic speedometers, pitot system is just a pressure-based method, just like on boats from 50 years ago. 2001 could be either I suppose.

Pitot-based speedometers are pretty simple - and relatively cheap. You could install an entirely new pitot, tubing and gauge for around $50. If it were me, I'd dump the pitot system and install a stand-alone (no MMU) electronic system with paddlwheel for around $150.

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FARSE0511