View Full Version : Pedestal question

04-14-2009, 02:04 PM
When I pull the seat off the pedestal I notice a black thing or cup (for lack of a better term). One seat is missing it all together and the other needs one bad. They help the seat to pivot and make for a snug fit. Does anyone know what they are called or where to find them? I can't get a picture, the boat is at the upholsters.


04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
28 views and no advice. I might not be describing it correctly. I will try to find a picture.

TX.X-30 fan
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
What kind of boat, my drivers seat has a plastic ring that is splined.

04-16-2009, 09:45 AM
It's an old one. A 1990 maristar 210. It is not a ring, but more of a cup. I can replace the bracket that attaches to the bottom of the seat then slides into the mount. It looks like the new ones (Overtons) have similar cups. Hard to tell from the picture. I hate to spend $150 for two plus shipping for the sleeves I need. Was hoping someone knew were to buy replacements.