PDA

View Full Version : 84 S&S wrong trailer

d36yzrider
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I have a 84 S&S thats in great shape I got it at the end of 07 after hitting a underwater rock with my 85 master craft =( anyways I love everything about the boat but the trailer it seems like the orginal dealer just threw a cheap universial ski boat trailer under it. The orginal owner said he paid extra for the tandem axle and brakes but this trailer has no winch and a funky bow stop that sits very high. The bow stop is alomost above the stripe and with no winch or bar to pin the bow eye to just a chain with a hook its very difficult to get the boat to stay on the trailer all the way when pulling off the ramp. My 85 had a low bow stop with a winch and bar that came up from the bow stop. Im thinking about cutting the whole assembly off the trailer and starting all over any Ideas of is there a easy way to make my current setup work better?

flipper
04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a 84 S&S thats in great shape I got it at the end of 07 after hitting a underwater rock with my 85 master craft =( anyways I love everything about the boat but the trailer it seems like the orginal dealer just threw a cheap universial ski boat trailer under it. The orginal owner said he paid extra for the tandem axle and brakes but this trailer has no winch and a funky bow stop that sits very high. The bow stop is alomost above the stripe and with no winch or bar to pin the bow eye to just a chain with a hook its very difficult to get the boat to stay on the trailer all the way when pulling off the ramp. My 85 had a low bow stop with a winch and bar that came up from the bow stop. Im thinking about cutting the whole assembly off the trailer and starting all over any Ideas of is there a easy way to make my current setup work better?

Mine was the same way when I got it. I cut it all off, and built a new set up.

d36yzrider
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Any pics you can share im about to do it myself

flipper
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
There are some here

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=2008&cat=11