PDA

View Full Version : Nav. Light for 83 stars and stripes

'82starsandstripes
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I need a new nav. light for my boat. It has a perko on it(i assume it is original). Does anyone know a part # for a repacement and where to get one?? thanks

454Prostar190
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I've been looking for a replacement "red" lense myself as my navigation light has a seperate red and green lense and my red side is gone. The only replacement that I have found is made by Perko and looks identical but, the lense is a one-piece lense that is red/green and can be found on the Perko website. I ordered a lense but, when it I got it, I found that it will not work with my original housing. So, I think that I need to do is buy the entire assy.

There is a picture of what I've found in this Westmarine link.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/7678-perko-vert-side-lights-pr-4-1-4-x-2-3-8-base-1-3-4-h-from-perko.html

jasonba1
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
You can try Jim Jackson at viper Customs. He has restored several several older mastercrafts and carrys a ton of parts. I was down there the other day and he had 2 stars and stripes he was restoring for people His number is 865-388-4096. If he does have it give him my name you should get a little break (jason)

'82starsandstripes
04-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been looking for a replacement "red" lense myself as my navigation light has a seperate red and green lense and my red side is gone. The only replacement that I have found is made by Perko and looks identical but, the lense is a one-piece lense that is red/green and can be found on the Perko website. I ordered a lense but, when it I got it, I found that it will not work with my original housing. So, I think that I need to do is buy the entire assy.

There is a picture of what I've found in this Westmarine link.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/7678-perko-vert-side-lights-pr-4-1-4-x-2-3-8-base-1-3-4-h-from-perko.html

Thanks, my light looks like the part #281097 in the picture. Is that the one your talking about? If i can find a replacement i would be happy to send you the "red" lense out of mine its a two piece.

454Prostar190
04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks, my light looks like the part #281097 in the picture. Is that the one your talking about? If i can find a replacement i would be happy to send you the "red" lense out of mine its a two piece.

That would be awesome!!!:) I've been looking since last year and this would be the ideal situation for me! Thanks and just keep me informed! Rick