PDA

View Full Version : Warning Buzzer

sk8salomon
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
When I turn the key to the off postion after running the engine, a continous beeping sound stays on. If I switch back to ON postion for 5 seconds, then OFF again, it goes away. Is there some kind of service reset you must clear when doing oil changes? '07 PS197 TT.

ShamrockIV
04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
did u put oil back in? just checking?

Sodar
04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
What is making the buzzing? Is it the PerfectPass or the buzzer under the dash? (they are two different buzzing sounds.

sk8salomon
04-13-2009, 04:33 PM
did u put oil back in? just checking? LOL, yeah changed the oil mid last year. The problem started late last fall just before i put it up for the winter. Checked oil and still have indicator to the full mark.

What is making the buzzing? Is it the PerfectPass or the buzzer under the dash? (they are two different buzzing sounds.
buzzer under dash.

Sodar
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL, yeah changed the oil mid last year. The problem started late last fall just before i put it up for the winter. Checked oil and still have indicator to the full mark.

buzzer under dash.

There are only 2 things you can do. Only one thing you can do without the dealer and that is to contort yourself to get under the dash and make sure all connections are nice and tight and that there are no abnormalities. Beyond that, go to the dealer and let them hook the computer up.

I had the buzzer going off intermittently for a few months until I could not get the thing to turn off. It turned out to be a prong on a connector had bent when the harness was assembled at the factory.

Good Luck! These electrical gremlins are annoying and frustrating!

Does it do it every time?

sk8salomon
04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Does it do it every time? yep, i'll unplug, replug and see. thanks.

mwaller
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Does anybody know where I can get instrument labels for the dashboard switches on a 1983 Mastercraft?

Jesus_Freak
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
When I turn the key to the off postion after running the engine, a continous beeping sound stays on. If I switch back to ON postion for 5 seconds, then OFF again, it goes away. Is there some kind of service reset you must clear when doing oil changes? '07 PS197 TT.

That buzzer is your MC's way of telling you that you missed a buoy in your last pass. Go again, and try harder! :D