PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Install Problems

wakeX2wake
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
ok... i have an 07 X2... i'm adding basically the fly high system but w/ different bags in the rear (the 280 lbs nautique wedge bags)...

first i plumbed the over flow from my hard tanks to the front/bottom on the wedge bags... then i plumbed from the top of the wedge to the overfloe out the side of the boat... these bags will only fill ~100lbs of water each before the pumps continue to kick off... my thoughts are that i'm trying to push too much water up hill... so my solution is to put 2 "T"s in the current setup on each side... first a "T" in the line between the hard tanks and the bag and off that "T" into another "T" that is in the line from the bag to the overflow... i'm not completely sure this will work... any other better ideas are more than welcome

next i plumbed in the integrated bow sac... i took the overflow from the factory kgb tank and routed it through the floor to the port side of the bag... i then hooked the original overflow line from the factory kgb tank to the starboard port on the tank... when i filled the factory tank i had very little water over flow into the bag... again the pump would continue to shut off w/o filling any further... my only thought here is to again "T" off the fill line to the highest fill point on the bag to possibly give the flow of the water less resistance

my only other thoughts would be to replace my impellers on the ballast pumps so they will pump more water and have enough pressure to fill the extra bags

any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated

Jerseydave
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Your original plumbing setup without "t" fitting should work. I think your problem is you have timers on your '07 boat. If the pumps are kicking off, it's because the timers are making it do that. I think there's a way to re-program them, maybe someone on here has the solution for that. (some dealers know how to do it I think) :rolleyes:

SteveO
04-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Depending on when your 07 was made, it may have the non-programmable timers (mine did) and you may need to replace them or pull a Skeeler and bypass them with new relays.

wakeX2wake
04-14-2009, 03:22 AM
so hopefully i can avoid this redesign... if i switch the pumps off how long before i can switch them back on and them not turn off on me?

i've seen the timer reprogramming thing on here before... i'm planning on re-programming them when i find out that the system will work... in the mean time i'd like to do another test to see how this thing is going to work w/ the pumps staying on this time hopefully

wakeX2wake
04-14-2009, 10:56 AM
bump for the day...?

ps i've got plenty of time to work on this issue since i was laid off thursday due to a reduction in force due to suffering business