PDA

View Full Version : Recover seats and back rests

tpl
04-13-2009, 07:04 AM
I have a 1999 ProStar with open bow. I would like to recover the seats and backrests with new skins and would attempt to do it myself if I could figure out how to detach the backrests (especially in the bow) Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
TPL

CantRepeat
04-13-2009, 07:13 AM
I believe the front seat attach with a platic type fastener that is pushed into the seat back and then into the fiberglass. I'm not an expert by any means but that's how mine were on a 92.

wheelerd
04-16-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm doing the upholstery on my 91 TriStar at the moment. My bow seat backs were attached with plastic "Christmas trees" as the autobody guys call them. You can pick up a trim tool remover for a couple of bucks at most auto parts places.

bbbx3
04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
The bow seats in the sportstar open bow are bolted through the fiberglass seat backs. You must reach through the observers seat storage area and under the dash in the driver area and look for the studs sticking through. They are ackward to get at but can be removed with some effort.

wheelerd
04-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, I have the same thing in my TriStar. One stud on each seat back comes through the fiberglass frame into the under-dash area.