PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

X_Star05
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
For those of you interested in seeing pictures of the boat my father is buying me... here are some pictures of it being made… click the link

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=X%5FStar&GID=1250722&ILD=666318

I know some of you are going to ask, why did MC put the decals on your boat if it is going to get painted? According to my dealer this boat is going to go through the same production line just like every other X-Star being made. After the boat is made, MC will be taking all the decals off, and will be putting the MC by design aftermarket parts on my boat. I do not have pictures of them putting the MC by design stuff on my boat. The boat is now in Chicago getting painted. The next time I will post pictures will be after I pick up the boat.

Leroy
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
That link doesn't seem to work for me? Why don't you go ahead and post on the site, member gallery would be a good place?

Hmmm and you bought this without consulting the experts on the board.....interesting concept! :uglyhamme :D

erkoehler
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
glad to hear daddy is buying you a boat :uglyhamme

Leroy
05-18-2005, 12:42 AM
That's an extremely nice gift from your dad to his 20 year old son, hope you do a lot to make him proud!! (words from the dad of a 16 year old who expects A's and no problems!)

sizzler
05-18-2005, 05:33 AM
i hope i can treat my girls as nice as that .........you are a lucky boy....your ol' man needs to be taken out for a pint :toast:

MarkP
05-18-2005, 06:29 AM
For those of you interested in seeing pictures of the boat my father is buying me... here are some pictures of it being made… click the link

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=X%5FStar&GID=1250722&ILD=666318 (http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=X%5FStar&GID=1250722&ILD=666318)

I know some of you are going to ask, why did MC put the decals on your boat if it is going to get painted? According to my dealer this boat is going to go through the same production line just like every other X-Star being made. After the boat is made, MC will be taking all the decals off, and will be putting the MC by design aftermarket parts on my boat. I do not have pictures of them putting the MC by design stuff on my boat. The boat is now in Chicago getting painted. The next time I will post pictures will be after I pick up the boat.
Hey

I’ve been thinking about throwing myself onto the adoption market.. Any pointers :) ..

Great lookin boat

erkoehler
05-18-2005, 06:39 AM
Not a bad idea Mark!

6ballsisall
05-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Umm... your name wouldn't be Ryan would it? :D

André
05-18-2005, 07:00 AM
You're right Sherlock!
He is the one getting peoples mad on every board!

jsonova99
05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure that people like when others brag about having things bought for them. More power to you for having that opportunity, but I wouldn't flaunt it in other poeples faces who had to work hard to buy thier own boats. :twocents:

André
05-18-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure that people like when others brag about having things bought for them. More power to you for having that opportunity, but I wouldn't flaunt it in other poeples faces who had to work hard to buy thier own boats. :twocents:
True.
Ryan ,is your father buying himself and the family a boat or is it just for you ? :eek:

6ballsisall
05-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Wheres H2OGirl? Seem to remember she might have something to say to "Ryan" :D

H2OGirl
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Wheres H2OGirl? Seem to remember she might have something to say to "Ryan" :D
H2OGirl is right here...

Nice boat Ryan, how long where you in Tenn to get all those great shots of your boat? I recently toured the factory myself, seems you must have been there a while to go from gel coat to almost complete. Did someone at the factory take them for you? It's a nice ride, hope you love it when it's done.

Now for why I might be looking for you...check your PM's

X_Star05
05-18-2005, 09:14 AM
yes.. someone at the factory did take those pictures for me. I have not been to Tenn YET to see the factory...

H20Girl I do not have any PM's from you...

tex
05-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Bitter, Eric?

Diesel
05-18-2005, 09:36 AM
We all know about this boat and you...............quit posting it on every damn forum :mad:

6ballsisall
05-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Quite comical isn't it? :popcorn:

H2OGirl
05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
yes.. someone at the factory did take those pictures for me. I have not been to Tenn YET to see the factory...

H20Girl I do not have any PM's from you...
You should now

Tom023
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Nice boat Ryan, thanks for the pics and looking forward to seeing the finished product. That is a nice gift from your father, and stating so in my mind isn't flaunting it, justing being truthful. Your enthusiasm for MC is why you are here, as are the rest of us, keep it up.

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 02:23 PM

Whoa. Nice reception. I haven't gotten around to the other forums, but in the interest of consistency on my part, welcome.

I certainly hope you invite your father along every time you take your new boat out as that is a very generous gift on his part. While my parents never bought me a ski boat, the sacrifices and monetary outlays they made for me are immeasurable and are things for which I remain grateful. They also managed to love me without hesitation and teach me responsibility which is a vital notion. What I have achieved to date, be it familial, financial, or otherwise is greatly attributable to them and how they raised me. Apart from the emotional and temporal commitment, it is also a huge monetary commitment as I am starting to learn from first-hand experience and will continue to learn over time as I pay it forward to my children and their children. There are few self-made individuals in this world anymore. If there are any here among us, my hat's off to them. So before we jump up this guy's arse just because his father bought him a rather extravagant, high-dollar item, let's just stop and think about all of the wonderful things our parents might have done for us. That food and shelter stuff ain't free afterall. A boat payment is small potatos by comparison.

And remember, people who live in glass houses need not scrimp on the shower curtain. ;)

Play nice.

I hope I don't eat my words on this one by trying to be even-handed.

rodltg2
05-18-2005, 02:33 PM

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=X%5FStar&GID=1250722&ILD=666318

i guess i would ask why they are putting decals on it if i knew what you are doing to it. painting ? what else?

RackAtak
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
We all know about this boat and you...............quit posting it on every damn forum :mad:
So much for the MasterCraft fraternity... :uglyhamme

Ric
05-18-2005, 02:52 PM
So much for the MasterCraft fraternity... :uglyhamme
Ryan doesn't know the secret handshake?

jayocheskey
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Congratulations on the boat! I'm sure you already know how fortunate you are, and you don't need these people reminding you to "invite daddy".

For all of you bitter posters -- keep it to yourself. Did this kid do something? So what, he's excited, HELL, I'm excited for him. This is a MASTERCRAFT owner's site; there's no pre-requisite for how you acquired your machine. I doubt this young man held a gun to his father's head and said, "Buy me an X-Star". Some people are blessed with generous parents who have the means to afford their children extravagant gifts.

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey, I bid the guy welcome and tried to, in a nice way, suggest that lots of people on here had parents who did nice things for them in various ways and ought not go jumping this guy over it. Didn't mean to start a whole new "invite daddy" issue. I never judged him. It's a generous gift. That'll learn me to stick up for the new guy.

jayocheskey
05-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey, I bid the guy welcome and tried to, in a nice way, suggest that lots of people on here had parents who did nice things for them in various ways and ought not go jumping this guy over it. Didn't mean to start a whole new "invite daddy" issue. That'll learn me to stick up for the new guy.
I didn't mean to come off harsh to you ETXSKIER. Sorry it came across that way.

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Meh, I'm over it. No worries. Read it again and decided I probably came off waaaay preachie out of the gate. Wasn't my intent, but it happens.

jsonova99
05-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I think the rough introduction came about because of an issue that H2Ogirl had with him, not because his Dad bought him a boat. I apologize for being snappy in the beginning, I was basing my response on prior info about him pissing a bunch of people off on some other board or something. I don't know him so I shouldn't have done that. I personally have no problem with the fact that his Dad bought him a boat, my parents spoiled me rotten as a kid, too. Anyway, welcome to the board :wavey:

Leroy
05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
If we keep this up, this thread will be posted on those other boards!

Doug; Now we are all going to be joining Mag for sensitivity training!

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I'll beat Ric to the punch and suggest a group hug.

Oh, and Ric, isn't the secret handshake pretty much the same from one fraternity to the other? ;)

east tx skier
If we keep this up, this thread will be posted on those other boards!

Doug; Now we are all going to be joining Mag for sensitivity training!

Oh crap, I didn't think about that. The TMC Mirror site.

Ric
jim@baws kindly noted ryans history to all us here a while back upon one of his original TT posts.
what say you Ryan?
When is the boat to arrive?
(Congrats by the way)

Ric
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh, and Ric, isn't the secret handshake pretty much the same from one fraternity to the other? ;)
they must be... :rolleyes:....... and that sir, is my answer

H2OGirl
05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
For the record I have no problem with Ryan's family getting an X-Star, I think it is awesome. Lance and I looked at them as well before we decided on the X-10. I have no issues there. The boat they are getting is very cool, I saw picts of the one he is copying when my friend got back from dealer days in Fl. If I was a man I'd say I've had a hard on for that boat since I saw it. My issues are for some other reason, I explained them to Ryan. I hope I wasn't too hard on him.

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 04:08 PM
So, no group hug? ;)

H2OGirl
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
So, no group hug? ;)
Sure my issues are done, I voiced my opinion now its time to move on. Can't be changed anyway

Ryan
05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Welcome X Star05! What do ya say we call this other Ryan "X Star05" so as not to creat any confusion? Now, I wouldn't want anyone thinking I have two boats. Although it's not a bad idea to have an X-Star and a PS. Hold on! I'm going to call my Dad! :purplaugh

You should know we've had a kicking boy lately (but now we like him) and it might transfer over to you, don't take us too seriously it's all in good fun. Fill us in on the paint job.

X_Star05
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm happy to say I own/about to own a MasterCraft! :woohoo:

I haven't taken anything personal. I understand were everyone is coming from!

Jerseydave
05-18-2005, 07:59 PM
I see you're from Maryland. Where do you ski there?

We hope to do more skiing on the Upper Ches. bay this year and in the future. Also on the Chester river near Chestertown.

X_Star05
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
magothy river

milkmania
05-18-2005, 10:36 PM
If I was a man I'd say I've had a hard on for that boat since I saw it.

omg!

she went there!!!:woohoo:

jayocheskey
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Now, we are literally taking words out of text. This thread is extremely entertaining.

RackAtak
05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
...You should know we've had a kicking boy lately (but now we like him) and it might transfer over to you, don't take us too seriously it's all in good fun. Fill us in on the paint job.
If you have any questions ask Erk...he has all the answers by now! :D

jimmer2880
05-19-2005, 06:33 AM
magothy river

Sweet. For years, MarkP from outside Pittsburg was the closest Team MC owner to me. Now, within a couple months, I have 2 within 2 hours.

I see a DC area reunion next year :D

X_Star05
05-19-2005, 09:30 AM
for sure... even a maryland one?