PDA

View Full Version : Engine question on '02 209 with 330hp....

rabooze
05-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I just picked up my boat from getting the usual every hundred hour service. When I got it back to the shed, I opened up the engine cover to just take a look. I noticed one blakc line, probably a 2 inch hose, with a gold cap on the top of it just hanging down, not connected to anything. It looks a lot like the hoses that go to the spark plugs, but all those are connected. Is this an extra hose that is not suppose to be hooked to anything? I could not find any place for it to go. It looks like it is coming out from back under the engine. Anyone got any ideas? Engine Nut?? Thanks in advance.

SteveO
05-17-2005, 06:37 PM
It may be the knock sensor if it is on the driver side. IF that is it, it snaps on to the engine manifold drain plug on the driver side, mid block, below the exhaust manifold. Good Luck

rodltg2
05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
could it be your oil drain hose? if its the thickness of your spark plug wire probably not.

Tom023
05-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Hanging down from where? I'm also thinking it's your oil drain hose.

DanC
05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
....one blakc line.....with a gold cap on the top of it just hanging down, not connected to anything. It looks like it is coming out from back under the engine.
As Rod said, this sounds like your oil drain hose if it is coming from the bottom of your oil pan. You put it through your drain hole, take off the gold cap and drain your oil. The hose is usually just tied up out of the way.

....probably a 2 inch hose.... It looks a lot like the hoses that go to the spark plugs......
These observations don't fit :huh:

AirJunky
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Hoses to spark plugs?

If it's about the diameter of your thumb, then it's the oil drain.