PDA

View Full Version : New 09 X2 member

JulioX2
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Let me say Thank you!!. I've been reading this forum for the last few months, and I've learned so much about Mastercraft boats.
I purchased my first M/C last October and have been waiting all winter long to experience this awesome boat. Now just waiting for some warm weather it get it out.

Enough talk. I know the rule, here is a picture of the boat.

Tomsinamerica
04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
congratulations! That's a sweet boat! I'm kinda new here but I think pics only count when the cover is removed?

TX.X-30 fan
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome and nice boat.

JulioX2
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Oops. Still learning. Not a very good pic, but it's uncovered. Prepping it for the drive home.

TMCNo1
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Welcome, congratulations and yes, your a quick learner!:)

2RLAKE
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
congrats on your X2 .. very nice. As a new member, you should buy everyone a drink!

Welcome to teamtalk ... great group of people

CantRepeat
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
congratulations! That's a sweet boat! I'm kinda new here but I think pics only count when the cover is removed?

Yup covere remove. Bonus points are granted for on water, on plan, boat full of bikini wearing women!

If fact, I think we need to start a thread for judging boats based on some sort rule set.

JulioX2
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I agree this is a great group of people. As for the drinks for everyone, it's in the works!!

brucemac
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
lol 2rlake! :D

congrats JulioX2 and welcome! she's a beaut.

JulioX2
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Any advice on any preparation I will need to do before I put her in the water. I know the basics, but just seeking any little hints that have worked for you guys in the past?

proporjet
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Any advice on any preparation I will need to do before I put her in the water. I know the basics, but just seeking any little hints that have worked for you guys in the past?

I'm certainly not an expert (and this is all pretty basic) but just did a first in the water test drive of an X2 on Saturday. I'm sure I'll miss some things but here are the things I remember. There is a whole checklist of pre-boating things to do fire ext, life jackets, fool cooler.... Make sure that both drain plugs are in and tight. We backed it in the water checked for leaks around the thru-hull transducer for the depth guage. Checked raw water intake and swim light for any sign of water. Then started it on the trailer. Let it run for a couple minutes and checked all the engine plumbing for water. Ran the heater and checked the fitting and heater core for any signs of leaks. Checked the back of the hull bilge area and front drain plug bilge area for water. No water so backed it off the trailer. We didn't do much outside running it up to about 3000RPM and then back down slowly as the break-in recommendations suggest. My ride was about 20 minutes. But I think the break in is 4 hours of this non constant throttle stuff.

CottagerGreg
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
All the stuff as above... let the engine full warm up till you give er... my approach to breaking is drive it normal... no full speed, no ballast but drive the boat.

Warm up and cool down is key.. Also I suggest going in the middle of the lake and learning the dynamics of a inboard in regards to low speed parking, reverse, etc.

coz
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/beepaj/CopyofWelcomeAboard.jpg

KnoxX2
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Welcome

Nice X2 trust me you will love that boat!

JulioX2
04-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks guys. I've been told some of the things you wrote. The anticipation of hitting the lake is getting to me.

wakeX2wake
04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
if youve never driven a MC before... when docking/tying up you're only going to back to the starboard (right/driver) side... might save you some gel coat one day... sweet ride