PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Anti-Syphon Valve Problem and Fuel Line at Gas Tank

DRC
04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Hello All,

I could certainly use some help with the following problem with my 1987 Prostar 190.

While removing the anti-syphon valve, the valve broke off at the place it threads into. This piece that it threads into connects directly to the gas tank. I've tried removing this piece so that I could replace it and the anti-syphon valve. There is a nut (1.25 in) that tightens down onto the gas tank that I thought held this piece that the anti-syphon valves connect too. When I loosen this nut, it only comes up to this piece that that the anti-syphon valve threads into. When I turn this piece as though to remove it, in just turns in the tank without coming out at all. Now I can't get this piece out to replace it, and it has half of the anti-syphon valve threaded into it with no chance of coming out.

I know this may not be the easiest issue to follow since I don't know the proper name of this part, however I'll be greatly appreciative of any feedback.

Such a silly reason to not be out on the water.

Thank you.

JUST-IN-TIME
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
get an ez-out
use it on the anti siphon vlve

VOLFAN
04-04-2009, 11:31 PM
be careful with it! it is alum. I had that happen to me on a crownline I had. I tinkered with it until I could get some needle nose pliers and get it out. Those threads are very delicate.