PDA

View Full Version : Jim the MC upholstery guy feedback

nostar 190
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Came across a few posts mentioning "Jim the MC upholstery guy" anyone have any experience w/ his work?

stx22
04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone heard from Jim lately?

BriEOD
04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Talk to him a few weeks ago. He is working on a few skins for me.

brucemac
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I haven't personally seen his work, but I've heard good things. I have a friend who contacted him on BriEOD's suggestion. He called and spoke with Jim. At that time, a couple weeks ago, he was booked out until May I believe.

Cloaked
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I'll pass this on as fact and nothing more than what was told to me first-hand. Hopefully this may encourage or discourage one's decision of planning.

I talked to Donnie B last month about redoing an old boat. We got to the skins and he conveyed to me that he once used Jim F to do his skin work as part of his entire package for reconditioning a boat. Donnie's contention is that he has divorced that arrangement and has advised folks that Jim took a little more time than was coducive to the refurbishment package. Be advised that Jim is slow, regardless of why or how slow. And I am sure everyone considers another point of view to be relative. Judge for yourself.

I'm just telling it like I have heard it from said details. No other intent. I't's each to their own biz...

To answer the first poster's inquiry, I understand that he does good work.

nostar 190
04-08-2009, 11:25 PM
OK,let's leave it @ that.

Cloaked
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
OK,let's leave it @ that.Thank you for the info. Glad I could have been of help to you.:rolleyes:

tph
04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Came across a few posts mentioning "Jim the MC upholstery guy" anyone have any experience w/ his work?

Jim made some skins for me a couple of years ago. Yes, it did take some time and I did have to add some foam padding to the motor box to make that skin fit, but the work was great and I would use him again.

stx22
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Just got my skins from Jim. They look amazing, I'll post some pics if i can figure out how to get them back on.

Ryan
04-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll pass this on as fact and nothing more than what was told to me first-hand. Hopefully this may encourage or discourage one's decision of planning.

I talked to Donnie B last month about redoing an old boat. We got to the skins and he conveyed to me that he once used Jim F to do his skin work as part of his entire package for reconditioning a boat. Donnie's contention is that he has divorced that arrangement and has advised folks that Jim took a little more time than was coducive to the refurbishment package. Be advised that Jim is slow, regardless of why or how slow. And I am sure everyone considers another point of view to be relative. Judge for yourself.

I'm just telling it like I have heard it from said details. No other intent. I't's each to their own biz...

To answer the first poster's inquiry, I understand that he does good work.

Can you tell us how slow? It's all perspective. Are you talking 6 months or 6 weeks?

stx22
04-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I will not speak for anyone esle, but I sent mine around the beginning of November and just got them back. That being said, I told him that I was in no hurry and that I did not need them until about the second week in April.

I spoke with him about a week ago he mentioned that summertime, this one in particular, is a pretty slow for him. I am thinking about sending the rest of my skins for him to work on over the summer.

BriEOD
04-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Great news!!

I'm expecting mine any time now. I come home everyday hoping for a box!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloaked
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Can you tell us how slow? It's all perspective. Are you talking 6 months or 6 weeks?How big of a hurry are you? A little or a lot?

Glad I could help you out. Thank me later.

atlfootr
12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"
Here's "The Man" ... Upholstery

Jim - "Upholstery Guy" :wavey:
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
(call until 10:30pm)

10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upholstery Dept. now lives Vonore.

AWESOME JOB - GREAT PRICE $$$$

Here's PIC'S of seats afterwards of my MC BF 200, he's also re-upholstering our pontoon boat seats as well.
atlfootr :friday:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9261&stc=1&d=1145903369

87MC owner
12-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Nicely done. I spent over $2200 having mine done but they look as good as stock.

Patsfan
12-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Jim does great work. He has a big back log because he does great work. You may also check with Leading Edge Marine Interiors, he also did pattern work for MC
(865)408-1900
Lenny