PDA

View Full Version : Removing Water Spots

Justjoe
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Super cleaning the 197 for it's next home (someday) and I have some waterspots along the hull top that don't seem to come clear with a wash and wax. I also have some difficult ones on the windshield. What have you guys used to CLEAN the hull and bring it to it's mirror like gel coat finish?

russlars
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Super cleaning the 197 for it's next home (someday) and I have some waterspots along the hull top that don't seem to come clear with a wash and wax. I also have some difficult ones on the windshield. What have you guys used to CLEAN the hull and bring it to it's mirror like gel coat finish?
These 2 products, used together work great. Use the cleaner first to remove water spots and light oxidation and follow it up with the fleet wax. You will have a shine that you will be proud of and the best part is that it lasts longer than anything else I have ever used.

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Don't waste your money on pricey stuff, 50/50 vinegar and water or less depending on how tough the spots are. I have to use this every month here due to the hard water.

TMCNo1
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Don't waste your money on pricey stuff, 50/50 vinegar and water or less depending on how tough the spots are. I have to use this every month here due to the hard water.

I understand, buy generic,

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I bet that would work just fine on the boat and the filly. 8p

Some here suggest using apple cider vinegar but it all just smells like douche. ;)

I have found that if you water spray the boat then douche it then wash you can skip a step.