PDA

View Full Version : 197 Dash Pictures

Andyg
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the dash on their 197? I am specifically looking for pictures of the clarion remote on 2004 and newer 197s.

Thanks

Andyg

Stritt
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
sorry, mine is a 03, I think the remotes and panel are different in 04.

Ric
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the dash on thier 197? I am specifically looking for pictures of the clarion remote on 2004 and newer 197s.

Thanks

Andyg
I thought that just the trim was different but the mouldings were the same around the dashpod and side wall in the last few years but am not positive. I know the 04tt boat and the 05197 are the same moulding but different trim plates.

Here is a shot of my 05

Andyg
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks RIC. My 03 is actually different than your 05. The remote on my 03 is mounted on a plate (simulated wood) that is mounted to the arm rest. I will take a picture of it tonight when I get home.

The reason I ask is that with upgrading my stereo from the XMD1 to the XMD3 you need to upgrade the remote. The remote doesn't fit in the current location. So I am going to have to figure something out.

Ric
05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks RIC. My 03 is actually different than your 05. The remote on my 03 is mounted on a plate (simulated wood) that is mounted to the arm rest. I will take a picture of it tonight when I get home.

The reason I ask is that with upgrading my stereo from the XMD1 to the XMD3 you need to upgrade the remote. The remote doesn't fit in the current location. So I am going to have to figure something out.
does it look like this? ------- from my '00

Andyg
05-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes. Except the remote on my 03 is round and only covers about half of the fake wood backing plate. They changed remotes but didn't change the size of the trim area around it.

Ric
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes. Except the remote on my 03 is round and only covers about half of the fake wood backing plate. They changed remotes but didn't change the size of the trim area around it.I think if you make that fake wood trim plate thicker(or double them up) you'd be able to use the oval shaped clarion remote if you don't mind it being at 90degrees

Andyg
05-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I bought the latest remote that Clarion sells. It is round and about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. I think I can get it to fit there, but I hate to start hacking on it and find out it doesn't fit or it looks awful. I will have to take some measurments first I guess. I just have to remind myself to measure, measure again and again again, then grab the drill then measure again and again then maybe cut the hole.

Ric
05-17-2005, 03:41 PM
semi off topic, but does anyone have the new clarion stern remote? if so, is it working ok?
my salesman told me not to order it because they get wet and fail(at least on the 197's)
the tt boat I have now has the stern remote and has failed. until I disconnected the stern remote, the regular remote would not function. After disconnecting the stern remote at the radio, there are no problems ??????????

tex
05-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I wish my truck's dash looked like my 197's. That would be cool!

DanC
05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
I just had a small adapter plate made from plastic

Andyg
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
DanC,
Where did you get that made? I think I will end up doing the same thing.

DanC
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
A local plastic fab shop. Took in the old plate and a paper template of what I wanted the new one to look like. It doesn't match anything else in the boat but it only cost me $35. :toast: I would like to replace the plastic wood trim pieces with carbon fiber but I don't know how to do that yet. At one time, I thought I would go with the billet aluminum pieces but then someone pointed out how hot that stuff gets if it is in the direct sun :eek:

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey Dan,
Have you thought about using that carbon fiber decal (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7975804733&category=6763) stuff I see on Ebay all the time? I've talked to a few people who have done it in cars & say it holds up really well. No one I know of has tried it in a boat yet. They make that stuff so it's resistant to sunlight for like 3 yrs., 5 yrs., & 7 yrs. I have a couple of dash panels that need to be replaced & thought of doing this.
Maybe next year.....

DanC
05-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Dan,
Have you thought about using that carbon fiber decal (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7975804733&category=6763) stuff I see on Ebay all the time? I've talked to a few people who have done it in cars & say it holds up really well. No one I know of has tried it in a boat yet. They make that stuff so it's resistant to sunlight for like 3 yrs., 5 yrs., & 7 yrs. I have a couple of dash panels that need to be replaced & thought of doing this.
Maybe next year.....

I have seen it, never tried it. Wonder how it will mold around corners? I would love to hear from someone who has tried it.

AirJunky
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Yea, I hear you. From what I've read, you use a heat gun & it does the same thing as shrink wrap around the corners. In fact, that how you make the edges look good.... shape your plastic, then wrap the edges all the way around it. The stuff is pretty inexpensive & I think I'll pick up a sheet to experiment with.