PDA

View Full Version : Darn Tricky!! Were you hungry

Monte
03-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Small Gator Climbs Through Door, Bites Homeowner

Authorities say a small alligator climbed through the porch door of a house north of Orlando and then bit the homeowner's arm when it was forced out. The 2-foot-long alligator wandered onto James Gaff's canal-front property in Lake County on Sunday. Gaff tried to remove the gator, which then latched onto his right forearm.

A spokeswoman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says Gaff's wife, Elaine, pried the gator off using a broom handle and the couple threw the reptile into the water behind their home.

The 52-year-old Gaff was treated at a hospital for minor cuts and scrapes.

8p:D

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/30/ap/strange/main4905259.shtml?tag=main_home_storiesBySection

JohnE
04-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I still don't know how they ski with them things down there..

wakeX2wake
04-02-2009, 09:46 AM

flawlessly... i wouldn't be falling much either if it meant me becoming dinner to a big lizard

KnoxX2
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
flawlessly... i wouldn't be falling much either if it meant me becoming dinner to a big lizard

So are you saying you don't fall?:D

jdl xstar
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM

Very, very rarely do they pose any threat to anyone. I can think of couple times I've skied right past some heads (and a few more times with them sunning on the shore) and sure it is a little unnerving but just don't fall right there and you'll be fine! As long as a boat is around with the engine running, gators won't bother you. Anytime you read of a gator attack, 99% of the time it is because some mentaly challenged individual is swimming around in a secluded area at night. And when it happens, it proves that Darwin's theories are correct! ;)

For that guy who was bit by the 2 footer- he's been watching too many Crocodile hunter shows. You don't just grab a gator. I mean, come on people!!

wakeX2wake
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
So are you saying you don't fall?:D

i'm saying i wouldn't if i knew... nay... thought there were man eating gators in the water