PDA

View Full Version : bimini tops

tanner
05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for the best top for a 99 PS190 w/ fly high pole? If you have pics please post, all the online retailers ask for exact dimensions but no photos of their product on an PS190.

milkmania
05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
slight derail ahead:

I insured my boat a while back and got a list of all the extra little goodies, and then put a dollar amount on them.

the Bimini Top was rejected because it was part of the boat, and didn't fall under the extras....
The bimini top is insured, but to get to a certain dollar amount of coverage, I added it to accessories.

is the way most insurance is?

and they also rejected my $50.00 fire extenguisher
said it was required:rant:

shoulda bought the $10.00 one:rolleyes:

milkmania
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for the best top for a 99 PS190 w/ fly high pole? If you have pics please post, all the online retailers ask for exact dimensions but no photos of their product on an PS190.

Tanner, I have one for my 91 ProStar190...bought with the boat...

I was going to mention in your quest that I've seen the ones that have a circle stitched into it, and I've seen others with a zipper sewn...

I really don't see anything that would make one better than the other except the fact that zippers wear and become difficult to operate.

My top is white vinyl, and I will go with Sunbrella or similiar material next time I buy one.
there, I got the thread back on track:D

jraben8
05-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I went ahead with the Taylor Made model from Overton's although it's a little pricey. These are all standard sizes based on the MC model and have the zipper sewn in and the color matches perfectly.

BriEOD
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I've battled with this. I have had two bimini tops on my boat. The first one I cut the hole myself and then used some extra nylon strap I had from my boat cover and some sailing thread to reinforce the circumfrence of the hole I made. It worked pretty well but I wanted a different bimini top.

I bought a Johnson Bimin Top this year and for a few extra bucks they sew zippers into it to accomodate the pole and cable (if needed).

east tx skier
05-17-2005, 03:23 PM
This doesn't have accomodations for the pole, but this is a factory top purchased from MC on a 1993 PS 205.

milkmania
05-17-2005, 11:23 PM
This doesn't have accomodations for the pole, but this is a factory top purchased from MC on a 1993 PS 205.

how many thousand dollars did that cost???

would you possibly have a fuller picture of that bimini?
I'd like to see how high it is above the windshield.

that's possibly the same top I need for my 91' PS190, isn't it?
what material is it made of?

I'm passing on the undergorund thing, because I still need some skis:cry:

MarkP
05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I was looking at this site today, http://www.websweeper.com/php/bimini_tops/bim-008.php

(donít know anything about them, google gave me the link). I just need the cloth on my bimini replaced but the local guy wants 200 bucks. That wouldnít kill me but he is a hack. So I have been looking around. I like the look of Dougs and my frame is set up like that now but I would have to use the hack

milkmania
05-17-2005, 11:43 PM
hmmmmmm.......
custom fit Sunbrella with boot and mounting kit for 91' PS190 $272.22 shipped

I was looking at this site today, http://www.websweeper.com/php/bimini_tops/bim-008.php

(donít know anything about them, google gave me the link). I just need the cloth on my bimini replaced but the local guy wants 200 bucks. That wouldnít kill me but he is a hack. So I have been looking around. I like the look of Dougs and my frame is set up like that now but I would have to use the hack

MarkP
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
hmmmmmm.......
custom fit Sunbrella with boot and mounting kit for 91' PS190 $272.22 shipped
No no no, thatís not all

With free cool kit and quick release pins too

milkmania
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
yep:woohoo:

the message you have entered is too short

tanner
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info, I am checking with Johnson to see if they can mount it similiar to the photo from est tex skier's factory top

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Milk, I got that top thrown in when I bought my boat for close to cost (approx. $400). I recently sent Footin some dimensions on it, which hopefully, he'll repost (I'll check my sent items to see if I still have it). But the beam on our boats is the same, so I'd bet it'd be about the same. It's sunbrella. Here's a fuller picture before I relocated my rear straps. You have to duck down to get underneath it.

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Here's one from the front.

Footin
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Here's the thread with the measurement you sent me.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=49872#post49872

Footin
05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
BTW, Thanks for sending them if I did not already say it.

:toast:

east tx skier
05-18-2005, 06:18 PM
You did. But you're welcome again. Sorry my boat was on hiatus for so long before I could get them to you.