PDA

View Full Version : Trailer re-furb

MCVOLS
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
New to the board, and need to do some trailer work. I have seen a lot of nice looking trailers, and picked up some good tips on how to give mine a 'new' look.

The question I have for everyone is what should I be concerned about regarding the mechanics of the trailer (brake-lines, axle, etc)?

I have a 1993 PS205 that I bought new, and have done very little with the trailer (brakes and tires). It has a removable tongue with the drop in pins (great for getting in the garage, but not the easiest thing to store).

AZDave
03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
The first thing I would verify is the master cylinder operation. Also wheel cylinders,bearings ect. Pull the hubs and look at the break pads. If a tube trailer, there are a few spots where rust will be a problem. The prop guard, and the channel from the left side of the trailer behind the rear wheel. If it has been in salt water...good luck. Carpet and bunks, roller all need a good inspection, and inspect the hull for any wear near these componets.Unique Functional Products will carry any mastercylider parts for the tongue, and will supply how-to prints on asssembly.

BriEOD
03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22930

MCVOLS
03-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys. The trailer has never been in salt water, but does have some rust, especially around the prop guard. I have seen the posts about re-furbs as far as rust, bunks, rollers, etc. Those will help greatly and I can handle them. The other items (master cylinder, bearings, etc) is where I will need some help. Do dealers do this work, or would I need to take it to a trailer shop, or is it simple enough that I could handle it myself?