PDA

View Full Version : prostar 205 1998 fuel sender

LENNY
03-26-2009, 05:55 AM
i have a fuel sender p/n 395021 its round with 2 wires,when gauge is on empty there is still half a tank left,i pulled sender out and pulled apart it has float with magnet and circuit board witch i cleaned out everything seems to be fine,does the float insidde have 1 or 2 magnets,

should i replace sender with new of same type or should i replace the gauge/sender with different sort,are the factory systems any good

coz
03-26-2009, 08:36 AM
i have a fuel sender p/n 395021 its round with 2 wires,when gauge is on empty there is still half a tank left,i pulled sender out and pulled apart it has float with magnet and circuit board witch i cleaned out everything seems to be fine,does the float insidde have 1 or 2 magnets,

should i replace sender with new of same type or should i replace the gauge/sender with different sort,are the factory systems any good

Just get a new one from these guys. I paid $72 for a new sender for my 98 http://www.isspro.com/products.php?cat=99

Call them and tell them what boat and engine you have and they'll square ya away, it comes with a connector so all you have to do is plug it in and go :D

LENNY
03-29-2009, 04:11 AM
thanks will do

dpolen
04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Not sure if yours is the same as mine, but my '98 Maristar has a fuel sender that has 2 small screws on the top that allow me to adjust the output to the guage. I had the same problem, it was an easy fix for me. I don't have access to the boat right now, otherwise I'd show you a picture.

daverbeck
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Let me start by saying sorry for the thread jack but here goes:

I am replacing the sender in my 94 PS. It used to read anywhere between 1/4 and 1/2 no matter how much gas was in the tank. Pulled the tank out and disconnected the wires. I now get no reading on the gas gauge (doesn't move at all) whether the wires are connected, disconnected, shorted, or connected to the new sender sitting in a can of gas. Tried reversing polarity on the new sender. Tried adjusting the settings on the new sender. Tried checking voltage at the sender and get none.

Needle doesn't move no matter what I do. All other accessories work. None of the gauges do anything when I turn on the ignition. Don't want to start the boat because it is out of the water and winterized.

Thanks for any help.

And again sorry for the thread jack.

Dave

Gamble
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
......so none of your other gauges do anything when turned to power on? If this is the case, you have another issue, and when resolved, might fix your gas gauge, when they're working. Sounds like you don't have any power to your dash. Battery switch on?

daverbeck
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM
The lights, horn, bilge pump, blower, heater blower, stereo and starter all work. I did not specifically check to see if the lights in the gauges are turning on. I will dig further this weekend (after I finish the heater installation).