PDA

View Full Version : Shifting in to reverse

Commandohorn
03-23-2009, 09:47 AM
My trannie shifts smooth in to forward, but RPM's go up slightly when going to reverse. I can start to shift, let em go up, then back off slightly then shift, other wise it's a rough shift. I adjusted the cable at the trans to no effect, but like I said forward is fine. What's up with that? No PP BTW.

flipper
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
My trannie shifts smooth in to forward, but RPM's go up slightly when going to reverse. I can start to shift, let em go up, then back off slightly then shift, other wise it's a rough shift. I adjusted the cable at the trans to no effect, but like I said forward is fine. What's up with that? No PP BTW.

Sounds like the cable is still out of adjustment. Is it possible the throttle cable needs some adjustment too? See if you can back off the throttle cable a little, and still get WOT in foward.

Gamble
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
my 83 did the same thing......cables are out of adjustment.

Gamble
03-23-2009, 01:50 PM
try this link to the post I did on this. Hope this helps you.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25589

Commandohorn
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm going to try and adjust. My control handle is off too, it should be straight up, it's leaning back about 15 degrees, see photo.

Chicago190
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm going to try and adjust. My control handle is off too, it should be straight up, it's leaning back about 15 degrees, see photo.

My 96's throttle is in that position in neutral. I don't know if its supposed to be at 90 degrees? Either way it doesn't bother me so I'm not going to change it, but maybe someone else can comment on where neutral is intended to be.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Neutral is intended to be vertical. Sounds like cable adjustments are needed here.

JohnE
03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I think the cable is out of adjustment.:D