PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Season

jsonova99
05-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Apparently it's supposed to be another very active hurricane season, I'm still cleaning up from last year :(

LakePirate
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
I have read both active and in-active where did you get your information? We usually get the aftermath here...lots of rain and downed trees.

rodltg2
05-16-2005, 05:23 PM
i saw this on my aol homepage. doesnt look good

Davo
05-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, we'll see. I don't put too much stock in those predictions. It seems like they revise them every couple of months and I really believe that last year was a freak season. That high pressure system that lingered over the bermudas at the peak of the season just pushed them all below the typical path and straight toward south Florida and the gulf - kind of strange.

Anyways, I just got two screens replaced on my pool (blown out from the storms) last month and still have some soffit to repair under the front porch!

east tx skier
05-16-2005, 05:47 PM
That's one thing I don't miss about Houston. My mother and step-father spend every other month in the Yucatan though so it's always on our minds.

I'll just give a preemptive "be safe" and let's all hope for smooth seas.

stevo137
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Despite the hurricanes, Florida is doing great.
I was glad to see the news and enjoyed our vacation throughout Florida in March.
I love the climate in Florida.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0426/p01s01-usec.html

stevo137
05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
That's one thing I don't miss about Houston. My mother and step-father spend every other month in the Yucatan though so it's always on our minds.

I'll just give a preemptive "be safe" and let's all hope for smooth seas.

Wow, that's great. Where in the Yucatan?

jsonova99
05-17-2005, 07:01 AM
I have read both active and in-active where did you get your information? We usually get the aftermath here...lots of rain and downed trees.

Just watching the various new shows and some of the local news have been reporting it. They aren't all that bad, but it's the nuissance that they create afterwards fixing things and trying to get food. Big hassle more than anything.