PDA

View Full Version : Brazos River

Rycmoore
03-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I have always heard the Brazos is the king of the wakeboard waters in Texas but have never hauled everything down there to take advantage. I am trying to plan a trip and want to find the right area. We want to be able to wakeboard and still be able to find a sandbar that there is a decent party going on. I have been told the waters outside of Tin Top would probably be the best bet, is this right? Are there campsites, cabins for rent, hotels close to there? Does anyone recommend elsewhere?
Also, if I were to stay on Lake Granbury, is there a dam or anything that would prevent me from taking the boat up the river to Tin Top from there?

Any help would be great, thanks.

tex
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Sucks-Too rough-Way too many tubers, and the water is very deep! Stay away!

flipper
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM

Other than that how is it?:D

snork
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Check out the Secret Spot video. Tin Top not as nice but part of the Brazos River. Currently My Secret Spot is 10' low I don't advise a trip there without a trustworthy guide.

TX.X-30 fan
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM

Same Sh!t I heard.

PapaJoe
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
WOW-

We already had this discussion....

GO TO TIN TOP!!!!!!!

03 35th Anniversary
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
WOW-

We already had this discussion....

GO TO TIN TOP!!!!!!!

Just look out for all drift wood!!!

PapaJoe
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I do agree with snork...

You have to watch the river water levels...

Last few years, it has not been an issue, we had LOTS of rain...

This year, so far has been kind-of dry...

As for drift wood, yea, but usally after a very heavy rain, not an issue a week or so later...

I've been to Tin Top about 4 times, and always had perfect conditions.....

No Hotels, Cabins, or camp sites on the water....

east tx skier
03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
You guys who will put your boats in that salty Brazos water are braver than I

SteveO
03-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Check out the Secret Spot video. Tin Top not as nice but part of the Brazos River. Currently My Secret Spot is 10' low I don't advise a trip there without a trustworthy guide.

I understand that some know the area well. Guided tours part of your resume Mark?

snork
03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
If one was to ask, I wouldn't mind giving a personal tour. Better to keep a boat off the sand bars and rocks than tow one in and use precious time in doing so. Besides its been going on 5 month since I've seen another ski boat there and the fisherman are getting a little too possessive with the limited space there is.;)

towpilot
05-16-2009, 03:35 AM
go to trinity river in trinity tx about an hour north of houston

east tx skier
05-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Anyone else hear that they aren't allowing ski or wake boats on the Brazos anymore?