PDA

View Full Version : St. John's River Run sponsered by Liquid Sports

Stritt
05-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Just thought I would let you all know about Liquid Sports Marine's (Orlando MC dealer) Annual River run up the St. John's River. It is Sunday June 5th. It is a great time with a river trip to the Silver Glenn springs. Generally 50+ boats in attendance all cruising the river. The day starts at the dealership, then a drive of about 30 miles to the ramp. Cruise the river to the springs and then head back home. If you have never seen 50 MC cruising down the road in a caravan its pretty impressive! Even more impressive is the cruise up the river into the springs, it is a real head turner. Looks like Mark and his staff are really getting into this year with a helicopter following the caravan and cruise, then copying it to DVD for the attendees.

If you can't male the National reunion (like me) this is just as good, maybe better due to the fact most attendees are local!

For more information go to: www.liquidsportsmarine.com

Click Events.

If any of you are going look me up.....boat is in profile.

mbeach
05-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Just thought I would let you all know about Liquid Sports Marine's (Orlando MC dealer) Annual River run up the St. John's River. It is Sunday June 5th. It is a great time with a river trip to the Silver Glenn springs. Generally 50+ boats in attendance all cruising the river. The day starts at the dealership, then a drive of about 30 miles to the ramp. Cruise the river to the springs and then head back home. If you have never seen 50 MC cruising down the road in a caravan its pretty impressive! Even more impressive is the cruise up the river into the springs, it is a real head turner. Looks like Mark and his staff are really getting into this year with a helicopter following the caravan and cruise, then copying it to DVD for the attendees.

caravan??? sounds like an aquatic convoy to me, and lots of fun i might add.

jsonova99
05-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I just signed up, can't wait, should be fun. This will be my first MC event! :woohoo:

T Scott
05-18-2005, 08:09 AM
I will be there too. I have attended 7 of the last 8 years as they are a lot of fun. We'll all have to meet up and take and have a cold one.

Stritt
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Sounds good! Are you guys mtg at the dealership or the ramp?

jsonova99
06-03-2005, 02:14 PM
What time does this thing kick off, and does anybody have directions to the ramp? What's the deal with weather, will this get cancelled if things look bad? I hate to get up there and get stuck in heavy rain with a long drive back to Melbourne.

T Scott
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I believe they are meeting at the dealership at 8:00 am for doughnuts/coffee, however, many people meet at the ramp instead. If you plan to go directly to the ramp, I would suggest being there by 9:45-10:00 to get your boat launched. (Call Liquid Sports for directions) Usually, the lead boat pulls off at around 10:15-10:30 for a 1 hour ride to Silver Glenn. As far as weather, as long as there are not downpours and/or lightning in the area the event should not be cancelled. You can call Sunday morning and I'll give you a weather report as i only live 45 minutes from the ramp. Tom-407-230-6748.

Stritt
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Feel free to call me as well...Mark 816.665.3813

The ramp directions are I-4 to exit 13, turn left this will merge into 17-92 merge north about 2-3 miles will be 15A, turn left, follow a couple miles until SR44 (I think New York Ave) turn left for a couple miles. The ramp will be on the right.....before the bridge over the river. If you cross the bridge you went to far.

If you need directions to Liquid Sports, let me know.

Tom, are you going to the ramp or the dealership? We are planning on going to dealership and cruising up from there.

As of now the weather forecast looks good, be prepared for some rain in the afternoon though. Lets just hope its not to windy. Lk George can be rough for the ole 197.

Stritt
06-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Liquid Sports River run has been cancelled due to weather! Wanted to make sure the word gets out.

jsonova99
06-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Liquid Sports River run has been cancelled due to weather! Wanted to make sure the word gets out.

I just saw the email a little while ago. Unofrtunately I will not be able to make it next weekend, I have to head up to Gainesville for school

Stritt
06-04-2005, 12:51 PM
FYI.....I spoke with LSM and they mentioned July 10th, to keep an eye on the web-site and will need to re-RSVP. Maybe that has changed.

jsonova99
06-04-2005, 01:00 PM
FYI.....I spoke with LSM and they mentioned July 10th, to keep an eye on the web-site and will need to re-RSVP. Maybe that has changed.

I guess I read it wrong, that may work out, I'll have to check my school schedule for next month.

Davo
06-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Just checked the site - it has been re-scheduled for July 10. I may be able to make it this time.

I hadn't realized this and we were planning a Glen trip for Sunday, July 3rd. I've got two to three boats going thus far if anyone wants to meet up.

Davo
06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
...bump...

pilot02
07-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Anybody hear going.
I'm pondering the possibility. Depends on whether I can get some extra time off for a long weekend.

jsonova99
07-01-2005, 02:07 PM
I can't make it, I have school that weekend. F'ing rain, the original dates would have been perfect :rant:

Davo
07-06-2005, 04:12 PM
They say it's still on for Sunday even though tropical storm Dennis, soon to be hurricane Dennis, will be heading toward the Gulf of Mexico this weekend and possibly bring stromy weather to Central FL... :rolleyes:

It could very well be postponed once again if I had to guess. Come Friday, we'll know better where this storm is headed.

pilot02
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Not sure If I want to be bringing my boat down there. May still make the drive to the beach if the weather's halfway decent though..

Davo
07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
That's cool. A guy from our office is at Jeckel Island this week vacationing.

This storm is too close for comfort right now.

Stritt
07-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it doesn't look good. Although all the tracks have it missing us and hitting up in the panhandle, there still is the wind factor! Lake George, wind and a 197 is not a good recipe. I have family in town this week and won't make it. Good Luck, and if it is a go....be safe.