PDA

View Full Version : The MasterCraftFraternity

Ryan
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
The MasterCraftFraternity
This week I have truly seen the best in a lot of you on this site. From boat shopping help, repair advice, friendship, comradre, and service for others. 87Craft - Kudos in case you never get that steak dinner. And to Sfitz being willing to help a friend of a friend. -Is it just because we all bought the same brand? I don't see other Toyota owners doing anything special. Maybe it's just the best people buy the best boats?

I was out on Saturday (5/14/05) and my boat wouldn't start after a few sets. An owner of a black on whte MC VRS (96ish) was out in LB marine stadium, and offered to let us use their boat for the rest of the day if we drove the owner for one set in his boat! Very humbling, and very generous. Turns out my kill switch is going bad and runs now.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to take them up on the offer, and the offer was made to my wife on shore so I never got to meet the guy.

Just in case you (the owner with the offer) ever get on this site, a big thanks goes out to ya!

erkoehler
05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I can't thank 87craft enough....

east tx skier
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
The owners on this site (and apparently elsewhere, too) are a cut above. Keep it up, folks.

Footin
05-16-2005, 05:36 PM
I agree this group is great. I have learned alot from all of you; however I have not met anyone face to face.

I have seen people helped with boat and personal problems on this board. I have seen offers from people to ski together and opening up our homes for a place to stay if traveling to pick up a new boat.

When I was looking for my new to me 205 last year, I recieved alot of insight on the differences in model years and Doug even let me call him at home to personally to discuss the different attributes of his boat.

To this I say a heart felt "Thank You" to all.

BriEOD
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed, a good bunch of lads on here. People sent cards to my house from this site when my kid was born. Doug, RickD and Stevo sent two Chicago Style Pizzas to my house when the kid was born so we didn't have to cook. Thanks gents! :toast: I really enjoy the people on here and hopefully will get to meet most of you before the end of my lifetime.

BriEOD
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I can't thank 87craft enough....

It's called...BEER.

tex
05-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Go to some of the other sites and read how they dog each other out. Not to say we won't poke a little fun at each other, but really! You see alot of people who really treat others with respect. I get to work and leave my computor on this site as much as possible. If I get bored or need to laugh, I just look up and read. Some people take smoke breaks, I get all of you idiots. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

east tx skier
05-16-2005, 06:00 PM
It's called...BEER.

And it comes in very fragile bottles that don't always hold up well to the rigors of shipping. ;)

BriEOD
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, yes it does my friend. 8p

OhioProstar
05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
This is a great board, normally I don't post to message boards, but TMCO is a great bunch of guys...and girls for that matter. I think boaters in general tend to sit around and talk shop, probably for most of us we can only get in the water for a short period of time so we make up for it chatting online. Either way, I think the Tri-State(OH, KY, IN) members should get together this year...Mag, Footin, JR, and anyone else interested.

Footin
05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm in for it.

Davo
05-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, I just discovered this site recently and I have to agree with Tex. I also check the site while at work during "smoke" breaks. lol

I've followed Erk's boat buying threads, among others, and you guys are alright. I'll be hanging around....

betsy&david Harrison
05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
This is a great board, normally I don't post to message boards, but TMCO is a great bunch of guys...and girls for that matter. I think boaters in general tend to sit around and talk shop, probably for most of us we can only get in the water for a short period of time so we make up for it chatting online. Either way, I think the Tri-State(OH, KY, IN) members should get together this year...Mag, Footin, JR, and anyone else interested.

This is a great group of people to chat with. Thanks for including the Chicks in the FRAT! I don't feel intimidated by any of the guy talk because I know that all of you are so generous with your time and hearts. Thanks for the comradarie! :friday: Betsy

tex
05-16-2005, 06:39 PM
This is a great group of people to chat with. Thanks for including the Chicks in the FRAT! I don't feel intimidated by any of the guy talk because I know that all of you are so generous with your time and hearts. Thanks for the comradarie! :friday: Betsy

You don't call your fraternity a frat....

betsy&david Harrison
05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
You don't call your fraternity a frat....
I was a GDI in college so...whatever! B :D

tex
05-16-2005, 06:42 PM
I was a GDI in college so...whatever! B :D
not dogging you-just seeing if you knew the rest of the joke...anyone...

betsy&david Harrison
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I never take anything personal...now, lets hear the joke! B

Ryan
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
What do you call a Frat House then?

MasterMason
05-16-2005, 06:44 PM

you don't call your country a c....t do you?

tex
05-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I never take anything personal...now, lets hear the joke! B

because you never call your country a #$&@

tex
05-16-2005, 06:46 PM

spoken like a true Phi!

betsy&david Harrison
05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Laugh'n hard on this end! :worthy:

Davo
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Ryan, apparently it's called a Fraternity House and never, ever a Frat House for the reasons stated above. lol

Now if someone could fill me in on the "shampoo" thing...

MarkP
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Davo

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2827&highlight=shampoo+story

Ryan
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
...Ehem.. nevermind.

RackAtak
05-16-2005, 06:52 PM
...I get all of you idiots.
Thanks! I think... :uglyhamme

OhioProstar
05-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I saw a t-shirt last football season that read:

"GDI - We buy beer, not Friends"

Miami University, 1998 -- Redskins forever, RedHawks never.

Davo
05-16-2005, 06:56 PM
HA HA - I only read the first post cause I have to run, but it looks like a goodin!

MasterMason
05-16-2005, 07:03 PM
spoken like a true Phi!

Yep, I think that is one of the very first pieces of infomation that every Phikia learns

milkmania
05-17-2005, 02:20 AM
I like to refer to it as a "common bond"

I 've been on several boards, and before you post a few hundred time, you are almost always referred as a NOOB.......not like that here.

on other boards, you get picked on a lot by not having a current item....car, computer, truck, etc... not like that here. If you have an older MC in here, you'll see some of the regulars reminise (sp?) about the time they had that old of a boat, and what kind of troubles to watch out for...etc

a lot of boards already have two strikes against you just for giving your geographic location...like "Shut up you dumb Okie Noob!...not here

when I first got here, I noticed open arms, and have naked this place my new hang-out...
one thing you'll notice is this group does not talk down to each other in most cases.
We are from all different locations, and we still maintain that common bond.

I'm done now:purplaugh

Ryan
05-17-2005, 03:05 AM
"when I first got here, I noticed open arms, and have naked this place my new hang-out..."-naked Milkmania

!Caution!
Freudian slips may occur while reinacting the MC birthday-suit ad, or viewing other sites while logged onto TMC.

Open arms baby!! :wavey:

Bongo
05-17-2005, 03:06 AM
... a lot of boards already have two strikes against you just for giving your geographic location...

Agreed, ya dumb Okie. ;-)

Actually, I do agree with the thread. Part of the reason, I expect, is because this is a pretty select group. A lot fewer MasterCraft owners and enthusiasts than many of the other boards I traverse. And a more limited purpose in the primary subject. Not a whole lot on fishing, offshore racing, diving, sailing and other topics where a boat is the primary subject. An occasional debate about slalom vs. wakeboard, but mostly harmless.

Bongo

PS: Milkmania, don't get on me for being from Tennessee. I'm originally from North Dakota. Doh!

milkmania
05-17-2005, 03:19 AM
"when I first got here, I noticed open arms, and have naked this place my new hang-out..."-naked Milkmania

!Caution!
Freudian slips may occur while reinacting the MC birthday-suit ad, or viewing other sites while logged onto TMC.

Open arms baby!! :wavey:

what I do in my own home, is MY business:woohoo:

and no!
I'm not telling what I like to wear while browsing the TT Forums!:purplaugh

dang, you quoted it, now I really look like a noob cuz I can't edit that one.....

MasterMason
05-17-2005, 03:52 AM
edit option

sizzler
05-17-2005, 04:03 AM
hell.......you even embrace us "foreigners" :headbang:

tho' this could be for my contributions to " THE LIST" :D

jimmer2880
05-17-2005, 07:25 AM
:toast:

Here Here!

jsonova99
05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
This site is great, good people willing to help each other out, doesn't get any better than that :friday:

MarkP
05-17-2005, 08:42 AM
hell.......you even embrace us "foreigners" :headbang:

tho' this could be for my contributions to " THE LIST" :D
Alright, lets not get romantic Sizzler..

Site Good! Thatís all,;) .

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I have agree with everyone, Lance and I followed from behind the scenes for a while, when we got our new boat and had our troubles, I had lots of you send me PM's with advice and names of who I should talk with. Thank you all because of your help Lance and I are sure to be happy MC customers. You are even nice to the girls to!!

Lance says I am addicted to this site now, just because I check it daily...

JEREMY79
05-17-2005, 09:23 AM

Addicts meet with Mark P every Tuesay and Thursday at 6:00pm :D

peason
05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree, we have some quality folks on this board. I try to read everything -even theads that go on and on and on - Like trying to buy a boat if you know what I mean!

Like the saying goes: There is no I in TEAM.

sizzler
05-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Like the saying goes: There is no I in TEAM.

NO,,,,but there is an M and an E :headbang:

LakePirate
05-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I can say that I have been reading this board for several years. I posted a couple of times on the old boards and recieved some help from JimN here and there. Mostly I followed along by reading the email that was generated after each new post. Since the site changed I wasn't getting that so I was away for a while. I came back with some questions again and look at me now.....reading the site several times throughout the day. I would agree with everyone that there are a special group of good people on this board. It is like a site for normal people to go and have a little fun. The wife thinks I am a freak now because I was telling her about Eric and his boat dealings. She finally has something to make fun of me about and that is ok. She just dosen't understand that this is not some exotic car site where they bash you from the start as others have mentioned or some "trekkie" type of site. People on the forum have respect for others, yet also good natured bantering goes on. Don't know about you guys But I am glad to be here chatting it up with you.

east tx skier
05-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Addicts meet with Mark P every Tuesay and Thursday at 6:00pm :D

Mark can quit anytime. But he's getting closer to being an addict. ;)

tex
05-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I think... :uglyhamme
Your welcome-I'm proud to be with ya!

SteveO
05-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Proud to call you brothers (and sisters)... Well most of you most of the time.

milkmania
05-17-2005, 01:27 PM

whoo hoo......our first female addict:worthy::purplaugh

OhioProstar
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Rehab is for quiters...

Lets all go streaking in the quad and get tatoos.

betsy&david Harrison
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I have agree with everyone, Lance and I followed from behind the scenes for a while, when we got our new boat and had our troubles, I had lots of you send me PM's with advice and names of who I should talk with. Thank you all because of your help Lance and I are sure to be happy MC customers. You are even nice to the girls to!!

H2OGirl...Yep, my husband just shakes his head at me. "On that site again?" Now that I'm done with my Masters, I need to be busy and this is a great place to be when you can't be on the water. :banana:

betsy&david Harrison
05-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Rehab is for quiters...

Lets all go streaking in the quad and get tatoos.
I might just be seeing the streakers with tatoos in the quad soon here...graduation is coming and I have some very antsy seniors! Could be a good laugh or eye-candy! B Ooooh, that sounds bad from a teacher.

Maristar210
05-17-2005, 05:11 PM
You are even nice to the girls to!!

...[/QUOTE]

(Beavis tone)

Ahemm, mmmm ....eeeer... aaaaw huh huh

Nope forget it.

Steve