PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frustrated

Andyg
05-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I had some things that needed to get taken care of under warranty on the boat this spring. I got the boat out of storage early this year so that the local dealership would have plenty of time to get it done. I dropped the boat off on Monday 3/28. It has now been 7 weeks today and none of the parts are at the dealership yet. I don't know how long it took to get the stuff ordered, but isn't 7 weeks a little ridiculous? I call the dealership 1-2 times a week to get an update and still no parts. What can I do? I know exactly what is going to happen. The parts will show up just in time for them to take the boat over the 4th of July weekend.

The only thing that needs to be fixed before I can use the boat is one of the bunks. I can do that myself, but it is the principle of it that keeps me from fixing it. I see where that has gotten me. I just needed to vent.

east tx skier
05-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I've waited a month for my boat to be serviced. But they always had the parts within a week. In seven weeks, you could've driven to Tennessee and picked them up. I feel your pain. What's their explanation? When do they say they ordered them.

rodltg2
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM
i would take cousin vinnie and uncle vido with you.

PE4ME
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
which dealer?
I have found similar results in Green Bay. It's never been a speedy process trying to get parts/service. Busy is good, but ridiculous for anything to take 2 months.

Andyg
05-16-2005, 07:05 PM
The dealership told me that since this is a warranty claim they needed to get approval first. Once they get approval then Mastercraft is actually supposed to order the parts. The week I dropped the boat off all the techs were in training so I don't think anything happened. I have to believe that they started the process the next week, but who knows. I don't want to mention the name of the dealer, it has gotten me in trouble before, but that is another story.

Wow my 100th post only 5999 more to catch east tx skier.

rodltg2
05-16-2005, 07:13 PM
i dont know if you guys are too soft or what. when i have a problem i get it back within a week.

Andyg
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
I wasn't in a hurry since I probably wont start skiing for another week or two, but now I am getting frustrated and plan on moving it up the chain of command at the dealership so I can have the boat ready in time.

AirJunky
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I hate to tell ya, Andy, but your being pretty soft on these guys. If their so concerned about their name being tarnished, then why can't they step it up a bit? Two months to do warranty work is getting ridiculous. I'd be talking to the manager or another dealer before long. Maybe your being pushed out because it's warranty work & they are not making much money off it.

Andyg
05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
There are a couple of reasons why I am being soft on these guys. One is I have been doing a major rewiring of the boat while I have been waiting for the parts. I installed a new amp, two new subs, tower speakers with lights, and am in the process of wiring in about 20 LEDs. So it isn't like I would have been using the boat all this time. The boat hasn't been at the dealership since the end of the second week. That still doesn't explain why it takes 7 weeks to get parts though.

I can't discuss the other reason on this site. If the curiousity has the best of you send me a PM and I will explain.

Later

Andyg

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
We tried to play nice with the guys out our dealership and it got us no where. I had to move up the chain of command to get things done, I am sure my situation is different. I do know that it only took days for the warranty work we had to get done. They replaced an engine and transmission in a week, parts ordered and job done. Seven weeks sounds a little crazy to me, must be more to the story. I'd keep on them.

Andyg
05-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Well it is official I have switched dealerships. The original dealership has now had 8 weeks today to get bunk carpet and a new folding section for the windshield. The new dealership I am working with expects to have all of the parts mid next week. I talked to Mastercraft and they were a huge help in getting this resolved. The only thing that sucks is I go from being 10 minutes from my dealership to over an hour. It should be well worth the drive though.

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Andy

Thats so sad to see you had to go thru this issue. More and more of these types of items seem to pop up on this normally positive, MC enthusiast site. Perhaps this is a start of a trend the MC needs to focus more on. I know there are a handful of great MC dealers out there and I also know it's hard to recruit good dealers to sell your product. Perhaps MC needs to look at it's customer service programs, dealer training, and most importantly the organizations they choose to associate with and make some business decisions about future relationships.

Leroy
05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
The right dealer is always worth the drive. Unfortunately all dealers are not made the same.

AirJunky
05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Yep, congrats, Andy. Good luck with the new dealer & be sure the old dealer knows you've converted & are telling everyone about their service. ;)

Andyg
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
I called the owner twice last week and left him messages both times to see what was taking so long and if he new a customer had been waiting for 7 weeks for parts. I never received a call back. I also heard that this dealership is now taking on a competing line of inboards, Centurian I think. I am willing to bet they will be out of the MasterCraft buisness within a year.

JimN
05-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Andy- did you call Joe about the lifts? That's your new dealer, right?

Andyg
05-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I haven't yet, but you are correct that is the new dealership. I have to talk the wife into that one first. We just bought a cabin and she wasn't too thrilled about that. So buying a boat lift for the cabin is going to be a hard sell. I may need a year to work on that one.

As a side note I have gotten more return phone calls in two days with the new dealership than I had in the previous 8 weeks with the old dealership.

School Skier
05-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I used to get my boat serviced at the MC dealer in the Milwaukee area untill the one guy who took care of us left, the persoal touch was gone and so were we. We've had good results from the MC dealer in Green Bay.
MasterCrafts creed was always to have their boats on the water especially the weekends!

6ballsisall
05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Glad to hear the new dealer is taking care of a MC customer. Bet I know which dealer gets your business on your next MC

JimN
05-23-2005, 09:35 PM
School Skier- nice to see you back here, Greg. It's been a while. I see you still have the '97- have you had any more water pump problems or was it just the batch MC got back then?

jimmer2880
05-24-2005, 05:57 AM
while it stinks that you had to give up your 10 minute drive to an hour - I'd be thrilled if my closest dealer was 1 hour away. I'm close to 3 for either of my 2 closest dealerships.

André
05-24-2005, 06:35 AM
I used to get my boat serviced at the MC dealer in the Milwaukee area untill the one guy who took care of us left, the persoal touch was gone and so were we. We've had good results from the MC dealer in Green Bay.
MasterCrafts creed was always to have their boats on the water especially the weekends!
JimN
Were you THAT personnal touch ? :confused:

School Skier
05-24-2005, 09:15 AM
I don't think that jim N is the person Andre'!

Andyg
05-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I called my old dealer, Competition Sports today to let them know that I was no longer going to do any business with them and I will be taking my boat to another dealership for the work. I asked to talk to the owner and he wouldn't even take my call. This is the third time I have called him. Nobody at Competition Sports new I was planning on switching dealerships. The owner literally refused to talk to me. I got a receptionist at first that asked who I was and she transfered me to the service manager. Then when I asked the service manager he said that the owner did not want to talk to me. So I settled for the parts/service manager instead and told him how ridiculous this is that it has now been 8 weeks for my parts and he informed me that they actually showed up today. The funny thing is that last week Tuesday when I talked to a Customer Service guy at MasterCraft they hadn't even ordered the parts yet. It took them 7+ weeks to place the order and 4-5 days to get the parts from MasterCraft. This is after the entire time they were blaming MasterCraft for not shipping them the parts.

Those in the Milwaukee area that take your boat there beware. I would never recommend Competition Sports to anyone that was either planning on buying a MasterCraft or needed service done.

As a side note to this story. When I bought my boat last summer I traded in my 97 PS190. One of my friends actually decided to buy it after I traded it in. He went to refinance his boat this spring and found out the dealership never filed the paperwork with the Wisconsin DNR to transfer the boat title. I still technically owned two boats until March of this year.

AirJunky
05-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey Andy,
Whats his name & number..... maybe we should all give him a call telling him we won't be buying from him till he cleans his act up. ;)

Andyg
05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey Andy,
Whats his name & number..... maybe we should all give him a call telling him we won't be buying from him till he cleans his act up. ;)

How funny would that be? Unfortunately the last time I posted the owners name on this website he threatened to sue me and MasterCraft. I mean come on suing the customer because your dealership is incompetent that is a new one.

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
How funny would that be? Unfortunately the last time I posted the owners name on this website he threatened to sue me and MasterCraft. I mean come on suing the customer because your dealership is incompetent that is a new one.

Ummm. yeah......... that would have about as much of a chance of making court dockets as hell freezing over. I tell ya, there are some really "winners" out there these days :rolleyes:

BriEOD
05-24-2005, 04:58 PM
As many of you know I had a new long block put in my MC in 2001. I dropped the boat off and had it back within 2.5 weeks. When I dropped it off we weren't sure what the best course of action was yet. 2.5 weeks to troubleshoot and do major work. Some of the waiting times I'm reading about on here seem exorbenent.

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Andy, PM me his name, I'll post it for you :D I aint skeered! :smile:

Andyg
05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
I think the biggest thing that irritates me about this entire episode was I went through a bad experience with this dealership last year and I gave them a second chance and they fell flat on their face. How does that saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Andyg
05-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I just went to their website check this link out. The title of the page is "Why buy from us."

Competition Sports Link (http://www.stingrayboats.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap?user=www&script=show_whybuy.pl&tyr=139872640842692)

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 05:15 PM
For all interested in telling the owner what a great dealership he has contact:

Jim Minessale
262-695-2800

Game On! :toast:

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Quote from their website:

Service
We have a service team second to none! Our tech.'s have a minimum of 18 years in the marine service field. All major motor and drive work is done in house not sent out.

Customer satisfaction
We are not your typical dealer. We don't sell you what we have, we sell what fits your needs and service your needs after your purchase

Guess I better get my waders on, the S*** is getting a little deep in here! :uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Truth is a defense to a defamation claim last time I checked. I've had to ride parts departments to no end (but never for as long as it took them). And although I've had to wait for service from my local guys because there was simply a long line, I've always had the part by the time it was my turn. Simply ridiculous. Don't know if you've written your letter to MC yet, but it's probably in order.

6ballsisall
05-24-2005, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=east tx skier]Truth is a defense to a defamation claim last time I checked.

Tru dat'!!

JimN
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
School Skier- Greg- there were only five of us there at the time and I replaced your circulating pump twice that summer. You're referring to when we were still in Butler and just after we moved to Pewaukee, right?

Your boat has a burgundy stripe and a wider, dark blue stripe, right? I liked working on your boat- it was exceptionally clean and well cared for.

School Skier
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes, Butler and I wish I could recall who you are that was many moons ago. Do you work for Competition yet? Were you in service or sales?

Our boat is still very clean with 801 hours on it.

JimN
05-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Nobody who was there is still there. That all came crashing down in fall of 1999.

School Skier
05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
JimN who owns it now?