PDA

View Full Version : How opposite the sex's are

ccowell
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
My buddies and I went on a (snow) ski trip this winter and were trying to understand woman and were thinking and trying to compare cars to girls, but realized they aren't
anything alike. If you had a bad tie rod end on a car then you would
get a new one put on and the problem would be fixed. But if the car is
a chick you put the new part on and then the next day when you go out to
drive to work the new part is gone. *** where did the new part go, so
you talk to the car (chick) and ask what the problem is only to find out
there is no problem. So ok no problem with the car (chick) get in drive
to work. Man something just doesn't seem right, car is all over the
road, the front tires are both pointing outward smoke everywhere, lots
of tire squealing. Oh well we talked about it and there was no problem
must just be me. So you get to work and someone see's you driving in
and they ask you what's going on. You say nothing, I thought there was
a problem with my car (chick) but we talked about it and the car (chick)
told me there was nothing wrong.

can anyone help a few young guys understand woman. :confused:

thatsmrmastercraft
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Seems like you have it all figured out.

But, then again, I am divorced.

flipper
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
The only thing I have figured out about women, is that I'll never figure them out

cmw
03-20-2009, 01:19 PM
can anyone help a few young guys understand woman. :confused:[/QUOTE]

If they were easy to understand, I wouldn't get myself in so much trouble.:rolleyes:

Sodar
03-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Women are like disposable razors. You use them until they get dull, throw them in the trash and get a new one.

I will be here all week.

Chicks are not worth the time and the effort to figure out. The sooner you learn this, the better.

wakeX2wake
03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
and the less BS you put up w/ the better off you'll be... true there will always be BS but when you find one that gives you a manageable level of BS then you may have found "the one" (if i may utter those words)

Jerseydave
03-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Women are like disposable razors. You use them until they get dull, throw them in the trash and get a new one.

^^Classic 8p

With over 50% of marriages ending in divorce, that may be the right attitude to have.
You younger guys have it good...........e-harmony, match.com, craigslist, etc. The possibilities are endless for dating.

BTW, Mars and Venus...........it will always be that way, stop trying to make sense of it.

PapaJoe
03-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Happy Wife = Happy Life

Its Cheaper to Keep Her

wakeX2wake
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
i've also heard divorces are expensive b/c they're worth every penny

loeweb
03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Hollywood
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Don't try to understand them you never will. We PROCESS information different.

scott023
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I agree wiht all of the previous posts... I am going on thirty now and have recently decided to give up figuring them out... nothing works and it's always something. :(

JimN
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
My buddies and I went on a (snow) ski trip this winter and were trying to understand woman and were thinking and trying to compare cars to girls, but realized they aren't
anything alike. If you had a bad tie rod end on a car then you would
get a new one put on and the problem would be fixed. But if the car is
a chick you put the new part on and then the next day when you go out to
drive to work the new part is gone. *** where did the new part go, so
you talk to the car (chick) and ask what the problem is only to find out
there is no problem. So ok no problem with the car (chick) get in drive
to work. Man something just doesn't seem right, car is all over the
road, the front tires are both pointing outward smoke everywhere, lots
of tire squealing. Oh well we talked about it and there was no problem
must just be me. So you get to work and someone see's you driving in
and they ask you what's going on. You say nothing, I thought there was
a problem with my car (chick) but we talked about it and the car (chick)
told me there was nothing wrong.

Remember all of the Jaguar electrical system problems? It's the same thing with women. They aren't wired like anything else in the known world and in this case, there isn't a Ford Motor Company that can come along and make things better.

Leave understanding women to the professionals. Just nod and say, "Yes, dear" but be prepared for them to get bent out of shape over something that may (or may not) have happened at some point in the past.

It's like a severe illness- expect the worst and hope for the best.:D

JimN
03-20-2009, 04:25 PM
^^Classic 8p

With over 50% of marriages ending in divorce, that may be the right attitude to have.
You younger guys have it good...........e-harmony, match.com, craigslist, etc. The possibilities are endless for dating.

BTW, Mars and Venus...........it will always be that way, stop trying to make sense of it.

Nobody ever talks about how the divorce rate and gender gap correlate. As of 2007, the US population was 50.7% women and the divorce rate is about 51%. Coincidence? You decide.

denverd1
03-20-2009, 04:27 PM
"and the less BS you put up w/ the better off you'll be... true there will always be BS but when you find one that gives you a manageable level of BS then you may have found "the one" (if i may utter those words)"

I agree with these words....

On a much brighter note, It's friday, anybody boozin yet?

Hollywood
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Nobody ever talks about how the divorce rate and gender gap correlate. As of 2007, the US population was 50.7% women and the divorce rate is about 51%. Coincidence? You decide.

.3% lesbians?

jss101
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
This seems appropriate here.
Have a great weekend everyone.

ccowell
03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
So basically what you guys are saying is that I wont be able to ever understand them, I will always be confused and I will end up divorced ?

Should I just start buying more boats and toys ? :D sounds like that would be a lot more fun and easier.

how much could I save by being single and just buying useless crap and what would it be ?

wakeX2wake
03-23-2009, 11:23 AM
ok here's the deal... i say to heck w/ trying to decide when you're going to be married by... i think this is a huge problem in this country as it is... people put way too much pressure on themselves to be at certain milestone in their life by a certain age... i was dating a girl who was a few yrs younger than me (she was 22) and she told me that she WOULD be married by the time she was 25... i then began to give her my theory that i would get married when it felt right... she told me i'd probably never be married... i told her i didn't care if i ever got married that i was here to HAVE FUN... she thought i was dumb and immature... funny thing is i felt the same way about her... thing is... if you force things... they will happen... then you could end up somewhere you don't want to be... that's why i stopped looking for a g/f and started having fun and if one comes along and things work out then cool and if not the cool too b/c i'm still having fun... take pressure off yourself and just let things happen... you'll be much better off that way

as for things being cheaper being single... i kind of disagree w/ that one... when i'm single i tend to go out more and have higher bar tabs and tend to take more weekend/party trips and travel more... but that's me

as far as the toys go... again just do what makes you happiest and lines up w/ your long term financial goals

but hey this is just my opinion... i may end up broke old and alone one day... but i know one thing... i'm gonna have some hella stories to tell

JimN
03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
So basically what you guys are saying is that I wont be able to ever understand them, I will always be confused and I will end up divorced ?

Should I just start buying more boats and toys ? :D sounds like that would be a lot more fun and easier.

how much could I save by being single and just buying useless crap and what would it be ?

Nobody completely understands women. Worrying about it is futile, so just learn as you go. The one thing you can be sure of is that they come up with all kinds of weird ideas, apparently with no outside stimulus. It's like these ideas evolve in a total vacuum and there's nothing we can do about it.

Whether you'll end up divorced depends on how much you can out up with and how you react to this. OTOH, guys do things that naturally make women react in unnatural ways. Get used to this, too. If you meet someone you think you want to be with for the long haul, ask her to make a list of things that fall in the 'pet peeve', 'can't strand' and 'won't put up with it' category. Write these down and add to them when necessary. You might as well just add "you made this list", because I can pretty much guarantee that she won't like it since you'll be able to use it against her.

Tell her that the things you buy are tangible assets and it's better than spending it on gambling, drinking, lappers, spur of the moment trips..... wait- what am I saying? Point is, women eventually want to build a nest and toys get in the way of that. If the guy buys all kinds of expensive things, the nest can't impress all of the other women she wants to be better than. It doesn't matter that she doesn't like them, or even know them, but THEY MUST BE IN AWE. Women who say this isn't true are either lying or in denial.

As far as how much you can save, only you know what you want and need.

ccowell
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Truly inspiring words form some inspiring guys.... lets just party :D !!!! is it friday yet?

One a side note my original posts were just as a joke to try to think about how woman and men just don't understand each other and how we thought that we could relate girls with our trucks