PDA

View Full Version : Could it be???

bcampbe7
03-19-2009, 08:41 AM

Monte
03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Whew! That is a lot of metal to move right there.. I hope it helps GM out of it's slump, but I fear they are putting this car on the market after the market has passed... I hope I am wrong..

wakeX2wake
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
do that many people really want red cars?

ttu
03-19-2009, 09:14 AM

seems to be a bunch of yellow to.:rolleyes:

scott023
03-19-2009, 09:23 AM

Think of Bumblebee... also, I thnk it goes without saying that red and yellow are the two most common colors for sports cars. I wish GM was able to release this car closer to the release of the Transformers movie... would have been able to use it as a HUGE impulse buying tool, and no recession.

wakeX2wake
03-19-2009, 09:31 AM
yea i get that... i'm just way against red and yellow cars... not trying to offend but red really doesn't strike my fancy... if i'm getting a car that i want to be flashy then i'm going to get it in black... yellow is hanging around WAY too long IMO... again not trying to hurt anyones feelings just pointing out that down the road average thinking could be why GM is currently at risk of going bankrupt

i know there's thousands of trucks just like mine out there too but seeing that many of the same car in one place almost makes me not want one... and i did say almost

scott023
03-19-2009, 09:35 AM
yea i get that... i'm just way against red and yellow cars... not trying to offend but red really doesn't strike my fancy... if i'm getting a car that i want to be flashy then i'm going to get it in black... yellow is hanging around WAY too long IMO... again not trying to hurt anyones feelings just pointing out that down the road average thinking could be why GM is currently at risk of going bankrupt

i know there's thousands of trucks just like mine out there too but seeing that many of the same car in one place almost makes me not want one... and i did say almost

I agree... black is the true BEAST. I would never buy a red vehicle either... cops look for them. I was witness to a seen similar to this with BMW's, same reaction, too many of the same car in one place. But, god knows, if someone wanted to give me a new 5 series I would take it. :D

wakeX2wake
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
agree completely

thatsmrmastercraft
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
24 rows of 6 = 144 new bow ties. Not really that many considering that this must be outside the manufacturing facility or a regional distribution point. I agree that the introduction would have been better 12 -18 months ago, but better late than being full of bugs that didn't get worked out. I would assume that GM didn't hold the release as long as they did without genuine production related reasons - but then again, I hate to make an assumption. That just makes an a$$ out you and umption.

Muttley
03-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I bet the yellow will be popular because of the Transformers movie.

...lots of red... Where are all the black ones??

flipper
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
There's a few black ones in there I think, but not nearly enough. Another color I like is a really deep blue, like a navy blue. Dark blue with some chrome looks good.

That said, I've had one black car and swear I'd never own another. You wash it, dry it, grab a beer, and by the time you get back you can see dust already.

shepherd
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
I'd like to see how this car compares to the Challenger performance-wise. I still like the look of the Challenger better.

Oh yeah... yellow cars are for girls. :D

TMCNo1
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I was seriously hoping they would go back and replicate the '69 color chart.

scott023
03-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see how this car compares to the Challenger performance-wise. I still like the look of the Challenger better.

Oh yeah... yellow cars are for girls. :D

This will, of course, depned on which model you chose. The Z28 will blow the doors off the Challenger (which is an obese unit).

Yellow cars are for girls? I guess I agree, except of course the Ferraris. :D

MIMC
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
All those new Camaro's are outside the assembly plant, waiting final inspection, then loaded up for shipping. As of last week GM had over 14,000 SOLD orders - not dealer stock orders. GM does not anticipate the Camaro to "save" the company - but does hope it does create a surge in sales. Temporary sales - maybe? However, any sales increase is good news these days!:o The Dodge is big and heavy, but still a great looking car! You need to compare "apples to apples" in any comparison, I'm sure one of the mags will have something soon comparing all three. You can get the Camaro SS with the 426 HP engine and 6 spd manual - but obviosuly the highest priced option at about $33,000. You can get the base model with V6 (303 HP) for about $23,000. The Camaro V6 has 40HP more than the Mustang standard V8. I hope the car sells well and will be just a small part of the turn around plan for GM. Just thought I'd shed some light on the subject!
MIMC

auburn buck
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
TMC - Are you thinking of one of those cool, root-beer brown, metal-flake 60's Camaros. Or the Burgundy?

trickskier
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM
MIMC.................Are there plans for a Z-28 version???

MIMC
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Trick -

We did have plans, a lot of engineering work was done with our HPVO (high perf veh ops) group, but due to the company's current status the Z-28 is on hold. On hold I said - not cancelled. We can't be investing that much $ into a niche vehicle, at least not now. If GM can "right the ship" I'm sure it will be one of the first programs that will be taken off hold. The convertible is still on track for release next year.

MIMC

ttu
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
a convertible would be sweet.

my mother was the "fresca" rep and she was given one to drive in 1968:D

trickskier
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Trick -

We did have plans, a lot of engineering work was done with our HPVO (high perf veh ops) group, but due to the company's current status the Z-28 is on hold. On hold I said - not cancelled. We can't be investing that much $ into a niche vehicle, at least not now. If GM can "right the ship" I'm sure it will be one of the first programs that will be taken off hold. The convertible is still on track for release next year.

MIMC

Thanks for the INFO! :D

TMCNo1
03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
TMC - Are you thinking of one of those cool, root-beer brown, metal-flake 60's Camaros. Or the Burgundy?

I can always dream of a sister to my Garnet Red '69 Z/28!

Hollywood
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
You can get the base model with V6 (303 HP) for about $23,000. The Camaro V6 has 40HP more than the Mustang standard V8.

Awesomeness

shepherd
03-20-2009, 05:49 PM
The Dodge is big and heavy, but still a great looking car! You need to compare "apples to apples" in any comparison, I'm sure one of the mags will have something soon comparing all three. You can get the Camaro SS with the 426 HP engine and 6 spd manual - but obviosuly the highest priced option at about $33,000.

I believe the Challenger RT8 has 475 HP but the RT only has 375. I guess a Z28 Camaro might have challenged the RT8 in terms of horsepower. Looks like the Camaro SS compared to the Challenger RT would be more "apples to apples"? I know their prices are about the same (RT8 is closer to $45K). In that respect the SS wins. Now, if they come out with a Camaro SS convertible........no contest. :love:

scott023
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
All those new Camaro's are outside the assembly plant, waiting final inspection, then loaded up for shipping. As of last week GM had over 14,000 SOLD orders - not dealer stock orders. GM does not anticipate the Camaro to "save" the company - but does hope it does create a surge in sales. Temporary sales - maybe? However, any sales increase is good news these days!:o The Dodge is big and heavy, but still a great looking car! You need to compare "apples to apples" in any comparison, I'm sure one of the mags will have something soon comparing all three. You can get the Camaro SS with the 426 HP engine and 6 spd manual - but obviosuly the highest priced option at about $33,000. You can get the base model with V6 (303 HP) for about $23,000. The Camaro V6 has 40HP more than the Mustang standard V8. I hope the car sells well and will be just a small part of the turn around plan for GM. Just thought I'd shed some light on the subject!
MIMC

What the deuce... Motor Trend was touting the Z28 not that long ago... I hadn't heard that it had been put on hold. Sorry for the bad info I posted earlier, I obviously wasn't up to date.

Footin
03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I saw one in January in person, purty car.

flyingskibiker
03-20-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd like to squeeze one in my garage next to my '68. Blue convertible SS or Z28... :D

Willski
03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice to see it is finally coming!!

brucemac
03-20-2009, 09:39 PM
i hope the paint's up to par and it would definitely have to be SS black on black for me. i hope they can pull out of their tailspin.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2009, 11:09 PM
What the deuce... Motor Trend was touting the Z28 not that long ago... I hadn't heard that it had been put on hold. Sorry for the bad info I posted earlier, I obviously wasn't up to date.
Don't worry about the lack of a Z in the line up. PLENTY of other options. Here is one... (http://www.nickeychicago.net/vehicle.php?id=212)

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Comment on the pictures posted.....Rumor has it, those are not production cars. And have not been sold. It's been said, those particular cars do not even have vin numbers and are intended for display/show/other purposes. Again, I used the word rumor.
I suppose its possible, they are on their way to shops around the country for dismantling and ready for the aftermarket companies to run wild......
Heck, they might even be on their way to become modified to compete with the 2009 FR500 cars.

ejg333
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Bring on a 6 speed SS and I am ready to buy!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2009, 11:34 PM
ejg333- Try this Link, click here (http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/?evar1=CAMARO_T8#camaro=build-your-own)

brucemac
03-20-2009, 11:57 PM
i want to play!

link not working

MIMC
03-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I need to "take back" what I said last week.:o It appears the Camaro convertible is in jeopardy of not being released next year, it now looks like 2011.:( Not confirmed, but internal discussions are that GM will delay the convertible. The main reason is cash for GM, and the supplier of the convert top is also in financial trouble. Also, unofficially the Z28 is cancelled, no longer delayed. Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully sales will pick up, GM gets some cash generated and the convertible can be saved. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Z28.

MIMC

Hollywood
03-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Saw a new Camaro yesterday morning in Chicago, with MI plates.

captain planet
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Awwww..I was hoping that was a parking lot full of Volts.

I agree that the Camaro is really cool. Of the 3 retro muscle cars out (Mustang, Charger, and Camaro) I have to say I think the Camaro is the one I would want. Too bad for GM it didn't come out the same time as the retro Mustang. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Of the 3 retro muscle cars out (Mustang, Charger, and Camaro) I have to say I think the Camaro is the one I would want.
Enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2erdrkQbI&feature=player_embedded

If someone doesn't want to wait for the Z28 This might work (http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/pontiac-g8/g8-2008-gt-l76/l76-tvs-mp1900-supercharged-505-horsepower) :cool:

stuie
04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Here's a couple of pics of Rick Hendrick picking up VIN #1 black & #2 silver He paid $350,000 at Barrett/Jackson , donated to charity. I'm gettin tired of looking at them, ~250 going out the door every day:rolleyes: