PDA

View Full Version : Are We Alone???

trickskier
03-18-2009, 08:47 AM
NASA launches telescope to search for other planets that can sustain life.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=12370417&ch=4226722&src=news

ski_king
03-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I am convinced that not only is there life on other planets, there are aliens among us and one of them contributes regularly here on Team Talk.

Chief
03-18-2009, 09:04 AM
I heard they are sending a manned probe to Uranus.

TMCNo1
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM
I am convinced that not only is there life on other planets, there are aliens among us and one of them contributes regularly here on Team Talk.

That's where I'm from and I'm down here and on Team talk hunting prospects to take back for study! I've started a list already!

Ski king, your the best, thanks!!!!!!!!

bigmac
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Inconceivable to me that there is not self-aware life elsewhere in this galaxy, let alone the universe.

TMCNo1
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM

I heard that too, but for the return trip home, they will have to take some of this,

scott023
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Inconceivable to me that there is not self-aware life elsewhere in this galaxy, let alone the universe.

I agree with Mac... there got to be someone/something out there...

shepherd
03-18-2009, 10:33 AM

ROTFLMAO! 8p I knew there was something funny about that guy! It must have been the cross eyes. :rolleyes:

shepherd
03-18-2009, 10:34 AM

What does the Starship Enterprise and Charmin bathroom tissue have in common?

trickskier
03-18-2009, 12:53 PM

I heard you volunteered............. :rolleyes:

flipper
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
You never know, maybe we're just a microscopic organism on some monsters @$$. Maybe there are tiny little boaters on our @$$.

Jesus_Freak
03-18-2009, 01:24 PM

Agreed.

...Maybe there are tiny little boaters on our @$$.

Do their ZO controllers take into account our motion relative to the Earth?

flipper
03-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Agreed.

Do their ZO controllers take into account our motion relative to the Earth?

Not sure, but I bet they have some wild stories about sudden wind storms tearing everything up:D

Makes me wonder what a hurricane really is.....poor Florida

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
while the question is interesting... my question is... what does it matter if there is and how will it affect my life here on Earth???... instead of going to space... why don't we work on cancer or finding out where those sock you always seem to lose in the dryer go?

don't get me wrong... i'm glad we've been to space and the moon and all that b/c i really do like my Tempur-pedic mattress but...

flipper
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
while the question is interesting... my question is... what does it matter if there is and how will it affect my life here on Earth???... instead of going to space... why don't we work on cancer or finding out where those sock you always seem to lose in the dryer go?

don't get me wrong... i'm glad we've been to space and the moon and all that b/c i really do like my Tempur-pedic mattress but...

I do often wonder if it's a waste of money, and BIG bucks at that. Who knows though, maybe the cure for cancer will be found in space45413

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I do often wonder if it's a waste of money, and BIG bucks at that. Who knows though, maybe the cure for cancer will be found in space45413

if i ever find out (God forbid) that i have cancer i'm definitely asking to shove one of those moon rocks up my butt to see what it does for me... i think the whole space thing is all a big d!c% measuring contest that we won a long time ago... while its military and communications have been awesome i don't see how finding life somewhere else is going to do us any good... but hey who am i to say

thatsmrmastercraft
03-18-2009, 02:34 PM

The whole process resulted in Tang, so at least we got a powdered orange drink out of it.

TMCNo1
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Not sure, but I bet they have some wild stories about sudden wind storms tearing everything up:D

Makes me wonder what a hurricane really is.....poor Florida

And do they all wear space suits with gas masks!:rolleyes::D
Did those little aliens actually invent BeanO?

shepherd
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Satellite surveillance/reconaissance, GPS navigation, etc. All made possible by our space program. For national security purposes alone, we need to maintain a healthy space program. That doesn't necessarily justify deep space exploration programs, but lord help us if the Chinese make first contact with the Klingons and become allied against us for global (and interstellar) domination.

TMCNo1
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I bet routine colonoscopies are a direct result of deep probes to Uranus!

bigmac
03-18-2009, 03:02 PM

We already ARE working on cancer.

In case we all haven't noticed, it is likely that within a far shorter time span that the dinosaurs ruled the earth, h o m o sapiens (us) is likely to become every bit as extinct as those long-gone creatures. As sci-fi as it sounds, our ultimate hope of avoiding that fate is the ability to get off this dying rock.

scott023
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
We already ARE working on cancer.

In case we all haven't noticed, it is likely that within a far shorter time span that the dinosaurs ruled the earth, h o m o sapiens (us) is likely to become every bit as extinct as those long-gone creatures. As sci-fi as it sounds, our ultimate hope of avoiding that fate is the ability to get off this dying rock.

Geez, that's a depressing thought.... on the flip side of the coin, my conspiracy theory is that there IS a cure for cancer, but the pharmaceutical compaines are making too much money off of existing products for cancer that they do not want to release them. How can we clone humans, but not have a cancer cure?

if i ever find out (God forbid) that i have cancer i'm definitely asking to shove one of those moon rocks up my butt to see what it does for me... i think the whole space thing is all a big d!c% measuring contest that we won a long time ago... while its military and communications have been awesome i don't see how finding life somewhere else is going to do us any good... but hey who am i to say

Wake, the idea of sticking a moon rock where the sun don't shine is interesting. Maybe you should try it just to let us know if it results in anything. :D

bigmac
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Geez, that's a depressing thought.... on the flip side of the coin, my conspiracy theory is that there IS a cure for cancer, but the pharmaceutical compaines are making too much money off of existing products for cancer that they do not want to release them.

That's an even more unlikely concept than all of us hopping on the Starship Enterprise and going out searching for some nice, temperate class-M planet as a new home.

/

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Wake, the idea of sticking a moon rock where the sun don't shine is interesting. Maybe you should try it just to let us know if it results in anything. :D

haha yea i'll definitely be letting you now how that works out

shepherd
03-18-2009, 03:25 PM
That's an even more unlikely concept than all of us hopping on the Starship Enterprise and going out searching for some nice, temperate class-M planet as a new home.

I'd like to own stock in the company that owns the patent on the cure for cancer. I seriously doubt they would suppress it!

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I'd like to own stock in the company that owns the patent on the cure for cancer. I seriously doubt they would suppress it!

too much money to be made...

but saying there's a cure for cancer is like saying you can fix a car... there are cures for types of cancer... there's so much to the issue and there's ridiculous amounts of research out there left to do... and pharmaceutical companies should make money off these cures b/c they're the ones coming up w/ new ones... the more they make off cure for ailment A the more they can put into research for a cure or treatment for B... this is a good place to spend money... but i'm saving up now for some lake front property on planet kilptor when we discover it

bigmac
03-18-2009, 03:35 PM
... but i'm saving up now for some lake front property on planet kilptor when we discover it

Kilptor is too much like Texas. Wouldn't be MY first choice...

bigmac
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM

http://www.colonscope.org/Lbw/images/procedure4.jpg

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 03:42 PM
^^^^^^^^ REALLY? was that necessary?... i'm hung over at work and could have went all day w/o that... there really is a reason i'm an engineer... and you're looking at a big reason there

Kilptor is too much like Texas. Wouldn't be MY first choice...

yea i'm looking into pure speculation on Kilptor... i'm hoping it will pay off and i can get into a spread on planet Hamptonia

shepherd
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope they find this planet first.

flipper
03-18-2009, 03:57 PM
I hope they find this planet first.

huranus?:D

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
mmm animated hotties... right down my alley

TMCNo1
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Here is the link you can use to see the space shuttle.
http://starryskies.net/articles/2007/06/iss-sightings.php