PDA

View Full Version : God Bless our Troops

JohnnyB
03-14-2009, 11:41 AM
True or not, I liked this email......

Subject: Fw: Iranian Airspace

I thought some of you would appreciate this!
In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control facility, all aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to give the Iranian Air Defense Radar (military) a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian airspace.
This is a common procedure for commercial aircraft and involves giving them your call sign, transponder code, type aircraft, and points of origin and destination.
I just flew with a guy who overheard this conversation on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe toDubai. It's too good not to pass along.

The conversation went like this...
Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defense Radar: (no response ... total silence)

God bless our troops.

JohnE
03-14-2009, 11:44 AM
True or not, I liked this email......

God bless our troops.

Probably not true, but I like it none the less.

And yes, bless our troops.:)

CantRepeat
03-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Most of the fighter pilots I've talk to, both fixed wing and rotary have some pretty big nutz. I wouldn't put it past any of our pilots to reply like this. It really give you warm feeling knowing they are overhead when you are on the ground.

It's kind of funny to watch them, the enemy, scatter when an F16 does a low level afterburner pass. Even at 10,000 feet it's loud as hell.

brianpt
03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
i guess the irainian dont have suicide intreceptor pilots who want to start a war

flipper
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Most of the fighter pilots I've talk to, both fixed wing and rotary have some pretty big nutz. I wouldn't put it past any of our pilots to reply like this. It really give you warm feeling knowing they are overhead when you are on the ground.

It's kind of funny to watch them, the enemy, scatter when an F16 does a low level afterburner pass. Even at 10,000 feet it's loud as hell.

For sure, especially USMC. Don't know if this is a true story or not, but sounds quite possible.

magnum
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Thats makes you PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!

puck_11
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Fly Navy! ;)

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
hahaha i have a college buddy who's going into the Air Force to fly one of those things... yea i'm guessing that IED isn't doing iran much good w/ the birds of prey like that hovering overhead

SkiDog
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Thats makes you PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!

Yea it does! Now if we can just make it thru the next 4 years!:mad:

wakeX2wake
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Yea it does! Now if we can just make it thru the next 4 years!:mad:

1329 days until the next election

thatsmrmastercraft
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
1329 days until the next election

No1 for President!

CantRepeat
03-18-2009, 04:57 PM
For sure, especially USMC. Don't know if this is a true story or not, but sounds quite possible.

hehe send um up, I'll wait!!!!

In the pilots mind, "go ahead mother fu cjer!, I've been flying around all morning looking for some POS to nail!"

JohnnyB
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM

My thoughts exactly.....come look at my big brass balls sittin on the dash here in the cockpit!!