PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of 197 being built?

Marc
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Back in a 2005 thread several people had posted pictures of how the deck, stringers, flooring etc were put together. Unfortuneately all these pictures have been deleted even though the thread is still there.

Does anyone have pictures of these components going together along with pictures of things like the holes they drill to inject flotation foam into?

I suppose all Mastercraft boats in the 19 to 21 foot length use the same design so maybe generic non 197 pictures would be helpful also.

The dealer is coming over to look at the flooring in our 40th and I kind of wanted some visual of what is under the carpet.

Thanks!

Marc
Central Illinois

Grover777
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Where are you in Central IL

Marc
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Champaign....you?

Grover777
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Mahomet, did you get your 40th from Doug?

Marc
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
That is correct...

Grover777
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I saw your other post regarding your floor behind your drivers seat. Hopefully they will take care of it for you. Where do you ski?

Marc
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Small world heh?

Clinton...about 30 miles from the house...

I hope they do also. If I would have known about the floor I would have never bought it...

Doug is a great guy...been working on this deal for over a year...then this...we will find out more tomorrow night..

The soft spot is a no brainer that needs fixing...the raised floor that extends the entire length of the engine cover is another story. What model do you have?

Marc
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
I answered my own question...model at the lower left corner...sorry...kind of tired from staying up worrying about this major invenstment that might have a problem...

Grover777
03-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I have a 209 (found my boat used in Quincy last year).

I also ski at Clinton, Dougs on occasion and I have a friend who lives on the lake in mansfield.

You got a sharp 197. I remember it well out there.

The hot water side opens up in Clinton April 1, I hope to be out there soon.

TOO-TALL
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the board Marc.

I also ride Clinton go whenever I can find people to go.I love the warm water.I will be there April 5 or 6 for the first ride in 09.I live in Kankakee.
Meet Doug a few times nice guy and he has a nice shop.

Later T-T

Marc
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
We just have to get through a few more weeks of cold weather...and the high winds that we seem to be seeing allot of lately...It's still winter I suppose.

I would still like to see some pictures of the construction. It may be an easy fix...not an expert on the construction part. I don't think there is any choice on fixing it...unless Mastercraft claims bankruptcy in the next month...

Marc
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Too-Tall...

We haven't gone much in the last 4 years...and we have a 5 year old daughter...not hard to figure that one out heh?

She is now highly interested in going...built in spotter...

JohnE
03-10-2009, 11:12 PM
FWIW, the 190/ 197 are the only models which actually have stringers still. They said at fanfare that they don't wan't to mess with success. I may be able to dig out a pic of the stringers attached to the hull, but not much else.

The rest of the boats have a sort of "subframe" ( I forget what they call it) attached to the hull for strength.

Marc
03-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Then I assume stringers can still be a good thing?

Any pics at all would be helpful...they had an entire assortment of those back in 2005 here but probably deleted the pictures to save disk space or maybe it was a lack of interest in those old posts.

JohnE
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Then I assume stringers can still be a good thing?

Any pics at all would be helpful...they had an entire assortment of those back in 2005 here but probably deleted the pictures to save disk space or maybe it was a lack of interest in those old posts.

the photo dump was unintentional.

JohnE
03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I thought I had one but just checked and I don't. Sorry.

Marc
03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks for looking...we will get this all sorted out in the next few days hopefully...

Have a good night!!

Marc

Grover777
03-11-2009, 08:21 AM
My 5 year old daughter also loves to go, I think more than her two older brothers...

TooTall: Hopefully the air temp will cooperate April 4-5....I may have to get out there as well

corey
03-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I only have two pics left, the first is a 209 (obviously) not sure about the second.

corey
03-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Actually that second one is the newer grid system. I'll see what I can find, lost most of my images in a wicked computer crash.

Marc
03-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Actually that second one is the newer grid system. I'll see what I can find, lost most of my images in a wicked computer crash.

I was going to say that doesn't look like an upside down W but it's cool to see the pictures of the newer designs. To bad they don't make a short video of how they are constructed. Kind of like a beginning to end process in small segments and then a customer picking it up with a smile on their face!!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Thanks!

Marc

Hollywood
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
The dealer is coming over to look at the flooring in our 40th and I kind of wanted some visual of what is under the carpet.

MasterCraft dealer? If so, they should be able to get the documentation they need from MC, strange you need to go to the forums to get your answers.

Marc
03-16-2009, 11:46 AM
MasterCraft dealer? If so, they should be able to get the documentation they need from MC, strange you need to go to the forums to get your answers.

Not strange at all.

There is a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share information here, and that was one reason that I bought MC instead of the others. The family feeling that this forum provides helped make my decision.

The dealer has been great with this issue and the problem is being resolved as I type, however he doesn't have any pictures of the construction. If I wasn't so busy at work I would fly to the factory to take a look in person. Pictures are the next best thing and while many people don't really care whats under the carpet, behind the dash etc, I find it highly interesting how things are put together.

Later,

Marc

Hollywood
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
My point was your MasterCraft dealer should have the necessary support and access to any and all information they need to fix/repair/maintain your MasterCraft boat.

I understand you wanting a better understanding, the original post sounded a little backwards to me.

Marc
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Totally understandable..

Sometimes posts can come out the wrong way...I find the same thing happens with e-mail...

I guess with me the more money that is spent the more I look for answers or opinions on things...

Probably my genetics...lol

Take care,

Marc