PDA

View Full Version : help please

SPLIFF
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
i went wakeboarding this weekend on cane river the boat would slow down for a second then return to normal speed i had over a half a tank my gas is there something else i can check.

SPLIFF
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
forgot to say i have 95 prostar 350 and the fuel pump is about 1 old

denverd1
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
fuel filter

SPLIFF
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
fuel filter
thanks denverd1 i did not even think about that i will get a new one and give it a try. it has been a while since that has been changed.

TTAdmin
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks denverd1 for helping out Spliff-

André
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
fuel filter

I would suspect the inlet screen in the brass fitting of the pump.The fuel filter is install after the pump so the screen gets clogged first every 2 years on my 94.
My .02 cents CDN.
Good luck!

SPLIFF
03-10-2009, 11:09 AM
thanks andr'e i will give it a try, also i should say a friend of mine that helped me get it running again, took out the fuel filter above the pump and put a wallmart fuel inline filter(twice as small) by the fuel tank it has ran fine this year about 8 times. untill now

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2009, 11:34 AM
thanks andr'e i will give it a try, also i should say a friend of mine that helped me get it running again, took out the fuel filter above the pump and put a wallmart fuel inline filter(twice as small) by the fuel tank it has ran fine this year about 8 times. untill now

Definately want to go back to the larger size fuel filter because you may have fixed the original problem by replacing a clogged fuel filter and caused another problem by starving your engine for fuel because you can't flow enough fuel through the smaller filter.

Other possibilities are water or contamination in the fuel tank brought in by filling up at the wrong gas station.

SPLIFF
03-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Definately want to go back to the larger size fuel filter because you may have fixed the original problem by replacing a clogged fuel filter and caused another problem by starving your engine for fuel because you can't flow enough fuel through the smaller filter.

Other possibilities are water or contamination in the fuel tank brought in by filling up agt the wrong gas station.
Thanks ur right i do not want to make a new problem, I will go back to the way it is supposed to work .I did notice the fuel looked water down when it was pumping through the inline filter, i had my backseat and the fiber glass board out b/c my fuel gauge does not work that is the next project thanks again

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks ur right i do not want to make a new problem, I will go back to the way it is supposed to work .I did notice the fuel looked water down when it was pumping through the inline filter, i had my backseat and the fiber glass board out b/c my fuel gauge does not work that is the next project thanks again

Good luck.

JUST-IN-TIME
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
bad gas or fuel filter needs a changing:D