PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to get a sponsorship from MC?

ohiowake2008
05-16-2005, 11:45 AM
i am wondering what the requirements are to get a sponsorship or promo deal from MasterCraft. I've always wanted to ride for a company and I think i might be good enough to have a sponsor, even a small one, and was hoping to get a good one. Also, I am a wakeboarder and can land 9 inverts consistently, and working on more spins. Thanks for the help in advance.

JEREMY79
05-16-2005, 12:58 PM
I dont have an answer to your question welcome to the board though

east tx skier
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Welcome. I'm not sure if this is the correct answer, but there is a wakeboarder on our usual lake that is sponsored by a competing boat company that has a strong presence in our area, and has been since she was a teenager. I believe she is currently ranked number 5. I think the key to sponsorship is to compete in and win lots of wakeboard tournaments so you can achieve national ranking. Start at the amateur level and compete as much as you can.

As for getting a promo boat, we have a few people on here that can give you the specifics on that. From what I've been told by friends who promo for the other boat company mentioned above, you spend so much time taking the boat to tournaments that you tend to spend a lot less time behind the boat.

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Welcome. .

As for getting a promo boat, we have a few people on here that can give you the specifics on that. From what I've been told by friends who promo for the other boat company mentioned above, you spend so much time taking the boat to tournaments that you tend to spend a lot less time behind the boat.
Not sure about the sponsor stuff, if you want to know about promo boats from MC talk with 6balls. ETX is right too, lots of time at tournaments and sometimes not so much time for yourself.

ohiowake2008
05-17-2005, 04:57 PM
i spend a lot of time at tournaments, or at least try to. we don't have many good tourneys here in ohio though, but i do compete in outlaw division of the INT league tour. i am hoping to go to the INT nationals this year and try to do as well as i can there, which can hopefully get someone to look into sponsoring me. i think it would be neat to get a sponsorship from a major boat company though. :)

Footin
05-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Were are you in Ohio?

AirJunky
05-17-2005, 05:38 PM
You realize there is a difference between a "promo boat" and a "sponsored boat", right? A promo boat is usually someone who can attend events & show off the boat. In exchange they get like $5000 or $10000 off on the purchase price of the boat. Usually this type of deal can be worked out with someone who has a good relationship with a local dealer or area rep. Many times their not even really good riders, just a guy who gets out a lot. They are usually expected to sell the boat by the year end & then purchase another one the following year. I have a few friends who have done this & make a couple thousand each year. After about 10 or 15 yrs, free boat!

A sponsored rider on the other hand is someone who attends & wins tournaments. I don't think there are more than a dozen or so sponsored riders, but don't have the inside track on how to get a sponsorship either. In this case, it's a free boat.

ohiowake2008
05-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Were are you in Ohio?

i'm in a little town south of canton. i ride around new philadelphia.

i knew what a promo/sponsored boat was, but i don't want to go to many tournaments and show off my boat. i'd rather just ride for a company and compete. i'm a very competitive person and when i see someone that can do a load of tricks and doesn't compete, i always try new tricks.