PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a heated seat for my 2007 TT?

2007TT
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm new to the forum but thought I'd see if there are any suggestions on how I would go about finding a heated seat for purchase or trade. I'm in Canada and the boat didn't come with a heated seat although the switch is already on the dash. Is it even feasible to switch seats with someone?

Sodar
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm new to the forum but thought I'd see if there are any suggestions on how I would go about finding a heated seat for purchase or trade. I'm in Canada and the boat didn't come with a heated seat although the switch is already on the dash. Is it even feasible to switch seats with someone?

I just bough the kit from Chicago MasterCraft... only about a $200 USD Upgrade.

Installation is not difficult. Just a matter of connecting a premade harness and taking the seat to an upholstery shop to have the heater pads installed.

BrianM did a heated seat install on his 97' PS 190 that can be seen here. (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12839)

2007TT
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks!! Looks pretty straight forward. Although we have the split seat on the bottom so I'm assuming we'd just be able to do the back of the seat?

Sodar
03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
If you buy the factory kit it comes with 2 panels. One for the back and one for the bottom. The bottom panel goes in the only cushion that can be removed from the seat.

2007TT
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
So not the one that raises?

Sodar
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
So not the one that raises?

No... the one behind that.

2007TT
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you again!

Mag_Red
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
:confused: Why the heck would you need a seat heater in California???????

Sodar
03-06-2009, 03:57 PM
:confused: Why the heck would you need a seat heater in California???????

It gets cold in the mornings! Sometimes it is even 70 degrees at 6am.... I need my butt warm!

BrianM
03-06-2009, 03:57 PM
The one I did had two separate panels. One for each cushion and could be cut to fit. $75 is a lot better than $200. You could do the passenger seat too and still save $50

03 35th Anniversary
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
It gets cold in the mornings! Sometimes it is even 70 degrees at 6am.... I need my butt warm!

Ric can we get a gay ruling here please?

Sodar
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
The one I did had two separate panels. One for each cushion and could be cut to fit. $75 is a lot better than $200. You could do the passenger seat too and still save $50

You could do it that way, but since everything is already installed from the factory, you would have to change connectors and create your own harness to run from the connector below the dash to the side panel.

$200 was an approximation of the price as to not rat out a certain dealer and even at that price it is well worth it for the ease of install and the cleanliness of not hacking into wiring harnesses where it is not needed. If you would like to know the real price, I would gladly give it to anyone interested via a PM. I will say that the price is much closer to the amount you paid for your aftermarket seat heat.

BrianM
03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I am with Sodar. Those chilly 70 degree mornings definitely require seat heat.

Oh and if you got the heater for close to aftermarket price then I would have gone that way too. I do imagine that it would be very simple to connect the aftermarket pads to the MC switch if needed though.

CantRepeat
03-06-2009, 05:21 PM

I take it you're not first in the water? heheh:D

Sodar
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Here is a pic of the kit.

Wire Harnesses all connected together.

The Tag

Back Element

Seat Element

BriEOD
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM

Pu)ssy!! 70!!!:D

Footin
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Betcha he sits down to pee.

BriEOD
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
And sits next to Nancy Pelosi at mass on Sunday.

2007TT
04-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the great info.....not sure about how I ended up being from "California"......as Toronto is in Canada last time I checked! Downtown Canada for those that have never been. And when the ice goes out we go in. The seat heat saves me drinking Tequila to keep warm so I view this as saving me money!

So, where can I get my hands on a seat heat kit from MC. I'd rather plug it in vs cut the wires. Someone mentioned I can PM or something...not sure exactly what that means.

russlars
04-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the great info.....not sure about how I ended up being from "California"......as Toronto is in Canada last time I checked! Downtown Canada for those that have never been. And when the ice goes out we go in. The seat heat saves me drinking Tequila to keep warm so I view this as saving me money!

So, where can I get my hands on a seat heat kit from MC. I'd rather plug it in vs cut the wires. Someone mentioned I can PM or something...not sure exactly what that means.
The references to California were being directed toward Sodar. He is the wimpy Californian. Us northerners can justify the heated seats.:)

TCrate
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
What kind of a current draw do these heaters have? I would guess they suck a lot of power off the alternator? Any ideas.

kwood
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
I just installed a set in my car from seatheaters.com. They said about 7amps

proporjet
04-21-2009, 12:19 PM
08 X2 have the heated seat switch. Wires connected, led even comes on. I don't have the option. I think MC pre-wires for accessories like this...Where might I find the pre-wired connector?
Does it come up through the floor in the middle of the seat pole (good)? Does it come out a hole you drill just to the right of the driver seat (bad)?
A picture would be helpful.

Sodar
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
The connector is under the dash and labeled "Seat Heat" from the factory.

When you buy the kit, you will need to plug a connector into the connector under the dash and install this little grey connector on the throttle panel.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=46308&d=1240102983

From there, you install the elements into the cushions, run the wire under the seat and connect it with the connector in the throttle panel.

barefoot
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Betcha he sits down to pee.

That made me laugh!

Where I ski, it's so cold that if you jump in the water and hold your breath, you could have a heart attack...

Where I ski, you have to break ice off the boat launch to get your boat to the water...

Where I ski, if you aren't frost bitten by the time you get out, you only took one run...

In all seriousness, I've thought about doing this mod on my boat. Fall days can get pretty chilly. Any way to stay warm for a few extra runs is well worth it. It seems simple enough to do and would be well worth it, especially if you actually live in an area that gets COLD!

SuperBee731
05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
You could do it that way, but since everything is already installed from the factory, you would have to change connectors and create your own harness to run from the connector below the dash to the side panel.

$200 was an approximation of the price as to not rat out a certain dealer and even at that price it is well worth it for the ease of install and the cleanliness of not hacking into wiring harnesses where it is not needed. If you would like to know the real price, I would gladly give it to anyone interested via a PM. I will say that the price is much closer to the amount you paid for your aftermarket seat heat.

I am getting at X15 this week I hope and would love the seat heaters as well. I can't PM so can you PM or email me at Silverin@bellsouth.net. Also want the light bar and maybe underwater lighting. Another memeber here has two extra JL cans with lights to go with the two already on the boat. Have to call the dealer tomorrow to see what and how many amps, love a great stereo.

2007TT
06-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey Cameron.

Finally got a chance to hook up the seat heat. It was pretty easy thanks to your photos and your instructions. Hardest part was having the kohonies to drill into the throttle panel....don't like drilling into the boat period...but that was easy too.

When I was hooking everything up I also noticed that the passenger seat comes pre-wired too....is there a kit for the passenger seat as well? I assume it's the same process?

Thanks,

Rick-

Sodar
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, you can do the passenger seat, too. I left that one for another day!

Glad you got eveything hooked up... enjoy your toasty butt!