PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: X-35 or X-45

mpabreo
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Hello all, I'm new to the site and in the market for a new wakeboarding boat. I've narrowed it down, and I'd like some input/experiences, both good and bad on the X-35 vs the X-45.

My situation is:

1) Mostly boarding (maybe a little surf, tube, barefoot, etc)
2) Lots of recreational boating on rivers/lakes.
3) More seating capacity is important as I often take large crowds out.
4) I live on the water, boat will be docked on a lift.
5) Fuel economy is not so much an issue.
6) Power recommendations on each? I dont need blazing speed, but dont want to crawl along.
7) How do these boats handle 3-4' chop? I've never owned a direct drive engine such as this.
8) Current boat is a 24' bowrider with tower, wake is good size, shape is horrible.

I've only wakeboarded behind a malibu and my buddies PS197.

Please comment in any way you wish, I'm going test these two boats tomorrow and just may take one home...

Thanks!!!!

scott023
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I had to make the same decision as you a few months ago... 35 or 45. Have you test drove them? They ride and handle completely different from each other, so that will be an important aspect, as there will most likely be one that you appreciate more than the other. I thought the 45 was a much smoother ride that the 35, and the handling was better suited as well, even though it is a foot bigger. The seating layout was considerably different as well, as the fridge/sink unit is available in the 35 and not in the 45. Also, the 35 has the flip observer seat, which may work for some people, but you lose the storage as well as seating with this seat.

All in all, I think you will have to drive them to compare, as they are both great boats that are suited to different tastes. Good luck, let us know what you decide on. :)

mpabreo
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm planning on test driving both of them tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the 45 as its a bigger, more roomy boat, and has the L18 engine. Problem is this boat is 20k more than the 35 and I'm wondering if I'll be satisfied with the 35...

Any comments on the wake?

X-5 Driver
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
That's a good problem to have now days: 35 or 45? ;)

corey
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Good descion to have to make, and even better that you are demoing them. It's a tough choice but I like the X-45 a little better than the X-35. In terms of seating, storage and wake it is a little more suited to how I would use it.

I've never driven either in the kind of waves you asked about, pretty hard to find water that rough in MN, most of the lakes are just to small.

Give us a review after your test drive, lakes are frozen here so I have to live vicariously through you!

mpabreo
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Actually the weather here has been pretty good. Only 3 weeks this whole winter were too cold where the wetsuit and hood wasnt enough. Last weekend was mid 70's. Predicting to bump 80 degrees this weekend.

I'll be sure to post a full review after driving them both.

Can anyone tell me what an attitude adjustment plate is?

ttu
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
not my boat, but borrowed from another thread.

scott023
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually the weather here has been pretty good. Only 3 weeks this whole winter were too cold where the wetsuit and hood wasnt enough. Last weekend was mid 70's. Predicting to bump 80 degrees this weekend.

I'll be sure to post a full review after driving them both.

Can anyone tell me what an attitude adjustment plate is?

This plate will flatten out your wake to make it a bit more functional for slalom. We just bought a 45 and this was one of the selling features for us, as my wife slaloms. I am not sure if it is available on the 35, IIRC it isn't. The 45 was a much more funtional boat for us, the sink and fridge seemed silly when you are on the water and there is a built in cooler in the 45 and a ton of space for more coolers. I test drove 45's with both the LY6 and the L18 and there may not be that big of a performance diffference (hole shot was great in both, similiar top end), so it may not be worth getting the 8.1. (That being said, we got the L18 LOL):D

mpabreo
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Scott - can you post any pics of your 45? or refer me to a thread that has them...

Thanks.

scott023
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Here are a couple... :)

dpolen
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Here are a couple... :)

That sir, is a beautiful Mastercraft. I'm envious!!!

scott023
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
That sir, is a beautiful Mastercraft. I'm envious!!!

Thank you, we like it. :D

WakePowell
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Mpabreo,

I owned a 2005 X-45 and this last fall decided to buy a new boat. I considered the X-Star, X-35, X-45 and X-55. After fully evaluating each one I bought another X-45.

By far the X-Star has the best wake but is significantly smaller which did not work for us and it sounds like it won’t work for you either. Lack of a drop in cooler was also a major drawback for me.

The X-35 is nice but the seating arrangement causes a significant loss of storage and seating capacity. The addition of a refrigerator and sink was nice but my thought was that it would take too long for the refrigerator to cool to the point of being effective and ice is cheap and fast. The same comments apply to the X-55 in my opinion (I don’t need a head and don’t want to clean one either).

The X-45 is a great boat my ’05 had the L-18 (8.1 L) engine and my new boat has the LY6. Both engines are great. I would not recommend an MCX in either boat you are considering. I went with the LY6 in my new boat primarily at the recommendation of the dealer and Indmar representative. Initially I was ordering another L-18. The LY6 comes with catalytic converters which significantly reduce carbon-monoxide which is nice for surfing of having people hang out near the rear of the boat. Indmar does not offer catalytic converters on the L-18.

Either boat will handle rough water well. I have been in 3’-4’ shop with my X-45 and it rode well. When surfing you will have to watch the bow of the boat when turning to pick up a fallen rider. It’s easy to stick the nose through your wake… Under power the nose sits nice and high and the boat rides great.

mpabreo
03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice lookin boat scott.

Thanks for the input wakepowel. Good info that confirms what I was thinking.

I just got the spec sheet on the x45 I'm going test drive tomorrow and get pulled behind. Its the same exact color scheme as the 09 x45 shown on the MC website (gunmetal flake). Which I like. It has the L18 engine, tower speaks, fwd and rear lights, heater, filler cushion, low pro trailer and a bunch of other goodies.

I'll take some pics of the test drives tomorrow...

Thanks.

scott023
03-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Nice lookin boat scott.

Thanks for the input wakepowel. Good info that confirms what I was thinking.

I just got the spec sheet on the x45 I'm going test drive tomorrow and get pulled behind. Its the same exact color scheme as the 09 x45 shown on the MC website (gunmetal flake). Which I like. It has the L18 engine, tower speaks, fwd and rear lights, heater, filler cushion, low pro trailer and a bunch of other goodies. MSRP is $117,010. Can anyone tell me what's a fair deal on this boat? Any idea of what the invoice on this boat would be? What should I offer if I'm totally sold on this rig?

Thanks.

mpabreo private meassage at you...

TallRedRider
03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
This plate will flatten out your wake to make it a bit more functional for slalom. We just bought a 45 and this was one of the selling features for us, as my wife slaloms. I am not sure if it is available on the 35, IIRC it isn't. D

Here is a pic of an X-35 I test drove with the attitude adjustment plate. It is a must, IMO.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/X-35%20demo/IMG_6513.jpg

I found the X-35 to ride very smoothly through the double ups with the plate down a little. Worked very well to adjust the wake for steepness as well. I loved the wake. Here is a pic of me (a very amateur wakeboarder) with the 35's wake.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/X-35%20demo/IMG_6492.jpg

Being a wakeboarder, I couldn't get over the idea of a wakeboat with a fridge. It just seems uncool. It also hogged some valuable seating space. If ordering new, you can order it with the bench there instead of the sink and cooler. That is what I would have done.

You are in a great position. Nice problem to have. Good luck! Post pics when you get done testing.

mpabreo
03-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Ok, yesterday I spent about 4 hours at my local dealer and test drove an 09 X-35 and an 08 X-45. My impressions were as follows...

Sitting in the water next to each other, the 35 sits higher in the water than the 45 by about 4-6 inches. Appeared to have 'taller' side walls. I was told this was due to the 35 having a deeper vee and that its actually designed for light chop more than the 45.

I drove the 35 first. Hate the fridge/sink option. Complete waste IMO. This boat had the MCX engine and I felt it was underpowered. Handling was a bit loose, but about as expected. The 35 has an in-floor ski locker, which can't even fit a single slalom ski (45 doesn't have the locker). like some of you have said, the observers seat compromises storage space a bit, but the boat still has ample storage space. The 35 has a great bow layout. Driver seat was plenty big, enough for an avg size guy and perhaps a petite woman. All the upholstry and trim was well appointed. The back deck had a stepdown to the platform which grew on me as I used it to strap into a board.

At first glance, the 45 has 'noticibly' more space and seating capacity. The bow is frickin huge! With the filler cushion it can serve as a full sundeck, dancefloor if you're into that. The layout is similar to the 35, but while in the cockpit, it seems about 4 foot longer and a foot wider, even though its the same beam and only slightly longer than the 35. I was immediately sold on the expansiveness of the 45's layout. I would say the 45 has a decent amount more storage space than the 35 due to the observer seat arrangement and additional lenght. IMO they maximized space much better in this boat compared to the 35. On the test drive, the bow sits a bit lower than the 35 while on plane, but this was with the front ballast full and its manageable when making sharp u turns and hard carves. All in all handling was similar to the 35, as both boats handled their own wake at 21 mph when I made figure 8's to see how they handled chop.

As for wake comparison, no noticable difference. Both very clean, good peaks and smooth transitions.

The 45 I drove had the 400hp engine and although didn't feel sluggish, in my mind it could have used a little more torque. It didn't have nearly the hole shot as my buddys 197 with a 310hp understanding this is not a good comparative basis.

So that's the high points, I am completely sold on the 45 for my situation as I will be using the boat for equally as much recreation as boarding. The cabin space was the ultimate selling point. This boat is frickin huge and makes my current 24' bow rider seem small and very inefficient use of space. The verticle side walls of both these boats allows for maximization of beam usage.

So I talked numbers and besides a few unanswered questions the dealer owes me, I've decided to purchase an 09 x-45. I forgot to take pics, but no biggie as I didn't see the boat I will be buying. Hopefully we can finalize the deal in a week or so and I can take some pics to post.

At the end of the day, a few things that stick out in my mind....

- MC quality and craftmanship is top notch.
- Service from my dealer was impressive
- I still can't get over the spaciousness of the 45 and the fact that it has 18 person seating capacity on a 24' boat.

Cheers!

WakePowell
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
mpabreo,

Great write-up on your analysis! I agree with all of your comments and know that you will enjoy the boat just as I have.

Are you ordering your ’09 or buying one in the dealers inventory? Which motor did you decide to go with?

mpabreo
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
mpabreo,

Great write-up on your analysis! I agree with all of your comments and know that you will enjoy the boat just as I have.

Are you ordering your ’09 or buying one in the dealers inventory? Which motor did you decide to go with?

Thanks wakeP.

My dealer told me MC currently has 5 x-45's at the factory ready to ship to any dealer. I've locked in on the gunmetal flake boat previously mentioned. It has the L18. After driving the 400hp, I decided that it could use a little more beef. Plus my philosophy on previous boats has always been to buy the biggest engine available as long as there are no reliability issues.

So I'm stoked! Excited to become a MC owner.

scott023
03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Did you notice the great drivers seat in the 45? When speaking to one of the MC execs at Fan Fare I was raving about the seat, and he said it was the best drivers seat in any of their models (Not sure if ti still is with the release of the 300 though). YOu might notice a difference with the hole shot with the L18, but it won't compare to a 197 though, for obvious reasons I think. Post pics when you decide on a unit.

WakePowell
03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks wakeP.

My dealer told me MC currently has 5 x-45's at the factory ready to ship to any dealer. I've locked in on the gunmetal flake boat previously mentioned. It has the L18. After driving the 400hp, I decided that it could use a little more beef. Plus my philosophy on previous boats has always been to buy the biggest engine available as long as there are no reliability issues.

So I'm stoked! Excited to become a MC owner.

Fantastic! You'll love the rumble of 450 HP!

mpabreo
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, the seat on this thing is like an extra wide lounge chair. Very plush!

And although I have driven or heard the 450hp engine, I'm sure ill be impressed.

TallRedRider
03-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Great write up! Awesome to hear your perspective on things.

Welcome to the 45 family.

Carbon Dreams
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
You'll love the 45. We love our '07! Ours does not have the L18, but still get's out of it's own way with the MCX fully loaded with people and gear. I have yet to see another wake/family boat that can even come close. The surf wave can be spectacular when weighted properly. Enjoy and Cheers...:toast:

JohnE
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratats on the 45! Nice write up, too. And I think this is the last year of the L18. I'll bet that will help on resale someday, too. (Not that that is a big concern at this point, but always nice to have in your back pocket.)

mpabreo
03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
You'll love the 45. We love our '07! Ours does not have the L18, but still get's out of it's own way with the MCX fully loaded with people and gear. I have yet to see another wake/family boat that can even come close. The surf wave can be spectacular when weighted properly. Enjoy and Cheers...:toast:

Thanks Carbon Dreams. I'm super pumped!

mpabreo
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Congratats on the 45! Nice write up, too. And I think this is the last year of the L18. I'll bet that will help on resale someday, too. (Not that that is a big concern at this point, but always nice to have in your back pocket.)

THanks John, this is good to know. Why are they removing the L18 from the engine lineup?

scott023
03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
THanks John, this is good to know. Why are they removing the L18 from the engine lineup?

yah John, why are they removing it from the options? I haven't heard that until now...

magnum
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I have heard this from my dealer they are removing it due to they are unable to be in compliance with the stricter emmisions laws that goes into effect next year, He said they were probably going to put a turbo charger on the LY6 400HP to take the place of it. I have the L18 in my Xstar and LOVE it, Great performance and not to bad on gas unless you are on it hard all the time and then it begin to use some but that rumble sounds Awsome !

scott023
03-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I have heard this from my dealer they are removing it due to they are unable to be in compliance with the stricter emmisions laws that goes into effect next year, He said they were probably going to put a turbo charger on the LY6 400HP to take the place of it. I have the L18 in my Xstar and LOVE it, Great performance and not to bad on gas unless you are on it hard all the time and then it begin to use some but that rumble sounds Awsome !

Any info on the turbo? Make, boost etc.?

Your not kidding on the rumble... it's bad a$$. Turns heads in my area. :D

TallRedRider
03-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Sorry to be a little off topic..but how do you weight yours for surfing? This will be my first summer with mine, if you can take away a little of the dialing the surf wake in, that will help me get started.

magnum
03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't have any details on it other than the dealer saying it would have a turbo on the LY6

WakePowell
03-09-2009, 02:45 PM
My understanding is that General Motors is moving away from producing the current big block engines and will focus their efforts on their new generation small blocks. Indmar’s current plans are to stop production on the L-18 after the 2009 model year. They are contemplating replacing the L-18 with a supercharged version of the LY6 engine.

The emissions issue is a byproduct of Indmar’s discontinuation of the L-18. They were not willing to invest time and money into designing and producing a catalytic converter system for this engine only to have the engine platform discontinued by General Motors. All other engines in their line have a catalytic converter system.

mpabreo
03-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Update on new X-45...

Got a bit of bad news this week. The X-45 in gunmetal I was being told was available was actually sold last Friday. Apparently there was a glitch in the system somewhere and my dealer was being told that it was available. So, over the past few days I've been looking at all the X-45s available at the factory, and at dealers across the country. Sadly, I only found a couple that I kinda liked. None with the L18 engine. And none with the color combination I had been set on (gunmetal flake/Pro Tour red).

So as it stands today, MC owes my dealer a production date on when a new boat can be ready to ship. Can any of you comment on how long this typically takes. Last year, a friend of mine ordered a 197 and it took 6 weeks for him to take receipt from date of order. I'm curious if that duration will be extended due to slow downs in production in TN.... thoughts?

CottagerGreg
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Typically you would wait 6-8 weeks depending on the build date that the dealer would recieve.

With the slow demand maybe they will push it through quicker as it's a "sold" unit.

WakePowell
03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
In line with what flashydubber stated, I agree that you should be able to get a custom ordered X-45 quicker than 6 weeks. Your dealer should see if he can get a production slot for an X-45 starting in the next week or so. He may need to trade slots with another dealer which in this economy shouldn’t be a problem (guessing).

While my X-45 was being built last fall I visited the factory. From what I learned it takes approximately 1 ˝ weeks to build a boat. You’ll need to get your order finalized a week ahead of the build start date so all the proper build documents can be finalized.

JohnE
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I think that production schedule varies. They run 3 lines. Maybe ask your dealer to take you to the Spring Fanfare and work out a better deal for yourself. Don't get caught up in trying to rush this thing for the sake of a few early days on the water. Get the boat you want. I know I'd want the L18 in that size boat if it were an option, which it is at this point.

I know my boat was 2 weeks later than it was scheduled for when it went into production last fall. I'll bet you won't get a concrete answer on exactly when it could arrive. Some boats are also delayed a week or 2 due to shipping companies.

mpabreo
03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, just got the response back from MC... "If we build a 245 it would be no sooner than a late May-early June finish and I cannot guarantee that".

Wow, thats a lot longer than I expected. Especially after what you guys have said. There's another boat with the L18 that is at the factory available to ship now. And I like it almost as much as the one I had spec'd out to order. And they're actually giving me a slightly better deal on it.

Wonder if the quote on production time is conservative, and they're trying to get me to help them get rid of boats they've already built due to the slow down in economy and production...

JohnE
03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll bet that they just don't know how fast the orders will roll in, and what their staffing will be.

Give us the skinny on what's available and what you'd order...

mpabreo
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
well essentially what I'd order and the boat thats available is exactly the same, aside from the flake gelcoat on the ordered one. both have the L18, and are pretty much loaded.

CottagerGreg
03-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Question is... what is the flake worth to you.... is it worth the wait.

WakePowell
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
One thing to consider about the flake gel coat is repair. While I'm very meticulous about the care of my boat, "stuff" happens. Flake boats are very difficult to repair incidental scratches or nicks.

mpabreo
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, I keep flipping back and fourth. The boat that's available doesnt have exactly the interior color combination I want. But its not bad. This and the option for flake, well, I just keep going back to the thought that I'm paying this much for the boat, shouldn't I get EXACTLY what I want. ...

JohnE
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
You should definitely get exactly what you want. I'd order the boat if I were you. But I would want some sort of guarantee that the boat would arrive by a certain date. It wouldn't be acceptable if I didn't have it by July for example.

With that said, you need to decide whether taking an early delivery or a few color/ flake decisions are more important.

Personally I'd try to take the trip to fanfare to save some money and get exactly what I want.

mpabreo
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Being a newbie, can you explain what FanFare is? and how could this save me money? I've already established a price on the boat with my dealer. Unsure of what you mean...

bigmac
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I thought one has to be invited to Fanfare by one's dealer. If the deal on the X45 is already priced, I'm not sure how getting that same dealer to invite him to Fanfare is going to help him get a better price.

IMHO, he'll either have to just accept the color combo available and get the boat sooner, or place the build order and get it later. IMHO, MC is likely to be more motivated to get rid of built inventory, and may not give a lot of rhythm on the delivery date of a new one.

JohnE
03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Being a newbie, can you explain what FanFare is? and how could this save me money? I've already established a price on the boat with my dealer. Unsure of what you mean...

I thought one has to be invited to Fanfare by one's dealer. If the deal on the X45 is already priced, I'm not sure how getting that same dealer to invite him to Fanfare is going to help him get a better price.

IMHO, he'll either have to just accept the color combo available and get the boat sooner, or place the build order and get it later. IMHO, MC is likely to be more motivated to get rid of built inventory, and may not give a lot of rhythm on the delivery date of a new one.

I went to fanfare after establishing a price that I could purchase the boat for with my dealer. MC was able to offer additional discounting. And that was the case for another forum member here too.

Fanfare is a one day event where a dealer brings select customers to the factory for a day. Participants tour the factory, get to drive any and all of the boats in the lineup, meet management, and negotiate for a killer deal. I went with a group of 10, iirc and every one of us bought.

Dealers can schedule the trip for whenever works for them I believe. My dealer went 3 times in the fall and sold almost 30 boats. And I believe that the dealer makes what he would make if he sold it to you without fanfare, so there is no incentive for him not to take you. I am guessing that the dealer pays for your travel there. But they are encouraged by MC to bring a certain number of participants. At least that's my understanding.

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants more details of my experience.

Dealer does need to invite the participant. I received this email from MC recently:

This spring MasterCraft and its local dealers are hosting the premiere marine event that provides select VIP's with a world-class experience. As your dealer's guest, you'll be among the privilaged to drive, ride or get a pull behind any boat, participate in an interactive factory tour, meet senior management and take advantage of the opportunity to own an incredible MasterCraft boat at preferential pricing. Yeah, we thought that might get your attention!!

TX.X-30 fan
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I went to fanfare after establishing a price that I could purchase the boat for with my dealer. MC was able to offer additional discounting. And that was the case for another forum member here too.

Fanfare is a one day event where a dealer brings select customers to the factory for a day. Participants tour the factory, get to drive any and all of the boats in the lineup, meet management, and negotiate for a killer deal. I went with a group of 10, iirc and every one of us bought.

Dealers can schedule the trip for whenever works for them I believe. My dealer went 3 times in the fall and sold almost 30 boats. And I believe that the dealer makes what he would make if he sold it to you without fanfare, so there is no incentive for him not to take you. I am guessing that the dealer pays for your travel there. But they are encouraged by MC to bring a certain number of participants. At least that's my understanding.

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants more details of my experience.

Dealer does need to invite the participant. I received this email from MC recently:

This spring MasterCraft and its local dealers are hosting the premiere marine event that provides select VIP's with a world-class experience. As your dealer's guest, you'll be among the privilaged to drive, ride or get a pull behind any boat, participate in an interactive factory tour, meet senior management and take advantage of the opportunity to own an incredible MasterCraft boat at preferential pricing. Yeah, we thought that might get your attention!!

I certainly hope you get paid well. :D

bobx1
03-13-2009, 02:54 PM

How many dealers have you checked with?

JohnE
03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I certainly hope you get paid well. :D

The MC stipend isn't very much.

But the CR people really make it happen for me.:D

mpabreo
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Talked to my dealer and got a full explanation of what fanfare is. He actually told me I was on their list to attend in late april. He explained the details, and this sounds like something I should definitely do. Thank all of you, this is great help!

So is the right way to do this to place the order for the boat now, perhaps in late april it will be nearly complete and I can see it there? Dealer tells me the actual sale is performed at the factory, but for a production boat, that would be hard to arrange if the boat isn't ready, right?

TMCNo1
03-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Talked to my dealer and got a full explanation of what fanfare is. He actually told me I was on their list to attend in late april. He explained the details, and this sounds like something I should definitely do. Thank all of you, this is great help!

So is the right way to do this to place the order for the boat now, perhaps in late april it will be nearly complete and I can see it there? Dealer tells me the actual sale is performed at the factory, but for a production boat, that would be hard to arrange if the boat isn't ready, right?

Apparently, your dealer did not give you a full explanation of what fanfare is or how it works.

TMCNo1
03-13-2009, 07:57 PM

You need to ask him.

JohnE
03-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Sounds like your dealer doesn't understand the program, or else didn't explain it properly. IYou go to fanfare and negotiate a purchase at the factory. You'll negotitate with Scott Crutchfield most likely who is the VP. Or possibly with the sales manager of your region. In my case I dealt with Norm Krauss. If you place an order before then, your deal is done. PM me if you want some more details. In my case I was interesting in upgrading an 08 X14 for an 09 X14. The deal needed to be right for me to do that. And waiting until April may or may not delay the 45's deleivery date. They may not be running that model until then anyway. I also doubt that you you were on his list to attend. I'd suspect you'd have already been invited if that were the case. Athough maybe invites were not sent out yet. Good luck.

mpabreo
03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
JohnE - PM sent.

bobx1
03-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Sounds like your dealer doesn't understand the program, or else didn't explain it properly.....I also doubt that you you were on his list to attend. I'd suspect you'd have already been invited if that were the case....

That is why I asked him if he had checked with other dealers - no reply. I think I know the dealer he is attempting to use.

JohnE
03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
That is why I asked him if he had checked with other dealers - no reply. I think I know the dealer he is attempting to use.

I think he may now be planning to attend fanfare. If he has a choice on dealers it never hurts to talk to each of them.

bobx1
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
If he has a choice on dealers.......

I had to get "permission" to use another dealer.

Sodar
03-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Me too............................................... ................ NOT! :rolleyes:

JohnE
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Or risk being put in time out?:D

A lot of people live near enough to several dealers such that they have a choice.

Like me.:D

TX.X-30 fan
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Sounds like your dealer doesn't understand the program, or else didn't explain it properly. IYou go to fanfare and negotiate a purchase at the factory. You'll negotitate with Scott Crutchfield most likely who is the VP. Or possibly with the sales manager of your region. In my case I dealt with Norm Krauss. If you place an order before then, your deal is done. PM me if you want some more details. In my case I was interesting in upgrading an 08 X14 for an 09 X14. The deal needed to be right for me to do that. And waiting until April may or may not delay the 45's deleivery date. They may not be running that model until then anyway. I also doubt that you you were on his list to attend. I'd suspect you'd have already been invited if that were the case. Athough maybe invites were not sent out yet. Good luck.

Its a bird, its a plane no no its MASTERCRAFT MAN!!!!!!

JohnE
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Its a bird, its a plane no no its MASTERCRAFT MAN!!!!!!

You know I really represent another company.....:D