PDA

View Full Version : Creative Storage Ideas

hokiecharlie
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
As described here before, the storgage on an X-14 with ballast tanks is somewhat limited. Not sure what other models are like in that regard. Have any of you inventive types devised any clever solutions? For example they sell a hard bimini top that can hold gear, but it's a little expensive. I was thinking that the right kind of cargo netting, attached to the tower above the bimini might accomplish the same thing if it could be done without looking bad (there are some companies that make the netiing to order, including size, material, color, etc.). It would only be necessary when the boat was really loaded. Any other ideas, thoughts, etc.?

SkiDog
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Buy an X2! Plenty of storage!:D:D:D

JohnE
03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Storage on the x14 is limited compared to other models. But there's plenty for what I need. With a board and slalom rack I can fit everything I need. Including one big arse cooler.

X-5_Driver
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
The X-5 is very limited as well. I'm thinking about mounting a shelf above the ballast bag in the back to keep stuff pushing down on it, preventing it from filling. I've mounted my cooler behind the driver's seat with a tie-down kit (small frame on the 4 corners and bungy cords) to keep it from sliding around and am thinking about adding a 3rd rack.