PDA

View Full Version : amp location pics......ps205

jixxxer
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a 97 prostar 205; I have one amp mounted in the passenger side storage area; Im bout to add another amp or two and possible anonther battery. So was just wanted to see where yall mounted the amps and how? One other question, does your battery box always seem to have water in it? Mine does!

WishIWasSkiing
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm no help on the amps, but I'm interested in hearing some solutions to the water in the battery box problem.

BriEOD
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a 2000 PS 205 and haven't had any problems with water in the battery box. However, my former boat, 87 PS 190, used to get water all the time in the box. I got tired of mopping it up and eventually just drilled some holes in the box to allow it to drain into the bilge. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

Regarding the amps, most people mount them to the wall under the observers seat by utilizing some type of amp/rack/board adhered to the wall. That is what I do. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Do a search for Swatguy and he has some nice photos posted on here of his 00 X-Star (205 v-drive).

brucemac
03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
this thread may help:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=28632&page=2

i'd figure out where that water's coming from though for sure. i don't ever have any water in there. i know some folks have water leaking in from the vent in front of the tower mount. i decided not to mount on the outside wall for that reason.

i still have some work to do cleaning mine up, but have been under the weather and am getting ready to go on vacation, so it will be a few days before i can post up my finished project, but that thread should give you a good idea.

BamaCraft
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Mine is a 92 205.I placed mine on the back side of the speaker box. i have 1 12" Pioneer sub firing down at the floor and its mouted under the dash board. This also helps keep the amp dry. The box does not span the entire width of the opening, I left room to allow some air flow and adequate room above. Its a 200W Planet Audio amp, a decent size (dimension wise) and fits rather nice. I eventually will upgrade and add another 12" maybe. Its carpeted the same color as the rest of the interior so its very unnoticed. I used a bar grill instead of the larger pioneer grill cover (prevent being kicked).

I also added a second battery. I used the factory location and turned them sideways. I got the Moeller 24 series trays. I had to slide the tank out due to the sending unit anyway but highly recomend doing that anyway if yours is as tight as mine. you may also want to slide the tank over about a half inch to add a rubber spacer between batteries and tank for extra assurance (about 1 sq. foot), not sure how that affects leveling of the boat while making a pull on a full tank. I usaully ski with a 1/4 tank or so, then fill up for the day to pull the kids. Once finished it looks really nice. The only thing i didnt like was i had to use a treated 1x4 to cover the old recessed spot and to level the trays due to a slight "step up" on the outer side of the floor. I mounted the perko under the engine compartment on top of the "reset" plastic bracket on the rear side of the engine. out of the way not to be accidently switched while running and only a 5 second process to manully switch it (plus we have lots of kids around).

If interested I will take pics this weekend. To respond to the other Q - I have not found water in my tray but havent really paid much attention to be honest.

probably overkill for your Q...if so, sorry.