PDA

View Full Version : Help me out

cmw
03-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Stopped by my local NAPA and asked what I should put in my transmission (1990 Maristar Indmar Chevy) he said just gear oil. Could this be right?

TMCNo1
03-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Stopped by my local NAPA and asked what I should put in my transmission (1990 Maristar Indmar Chevy) he said just gear oil. Could this be right?

NO! Dexron II or latest equivalent transmission fluid, here, http://www.mastercraft.com/files/manuals/1989-1991_OwnersManual-Maristar.pdf, page 39.

bigmac
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Heh heh. NAPA for boat info...:D

As Harold said, you need ATF, not gear oil. You won't find Dexron II, but Dexron III or IV are equivalent and will work fine.

Go to Indmar.com and you can download Indmar's owner's manual, and you can likewise download your boat's owner's manual from the "Knowledge Center" on this site.

cmw
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks, I thought something was up.

cmw
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Heh heh. NAPA for boat info...:D

As Harold said, you need ATF, not gear oil. You won't find Dexron II, but Dexron III or IV are equivalent and will work fine.

Go to Indmar.com and you can download Indmar's owner's manual, and you can likewise download your boat's owner's manual from the "Knowledge Center" on this site.

I don't have a boat dealer close to home. JOA ,the dealer here stop selling Mastercrafts and last time I drove by, the building was empty. Jim@BAWS has been helping me get all the parts I need to get it running. Thanks for the heads up on the Indmar download. I ask alot of questions on here, because it's easy, I trust the advice and I always learn a little something extra. Anybody know anything about TEAK. Just kidding #1, I know better.