PDA

View Full Version : More bashing???

Jerseydave
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/675243.html?1236129031

What motivates people to make statements like these? It's this guy's first post on WW too!
I guess some people like spreading negative press with 3rd party information.

TMCNo1
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
For the same reason that people come on Team Talk and post about it!

Jerseydave
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Harold I didn't make any false statements in my post. It does bother me, however when people appear to attack certain companies that have been very sucessful through the years.

The other thread on that site about this topic provides some "interesting" reading. I just have to laugh at some of the input.

TheOneandOnly
03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
is our warranties still good?

scott023
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
OK, so apparently I don't know how to navigate on the web... can someone point me in the right direction to the "other" thread?

RexDog1
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
For the same reason that people come on Team Talk and post about it!

I just peed my pants ………………………LOL:cool:

coz
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I just peed my pants

You know RD, as we get older some of us need help in certain areas, so next time you come here be prepared then it wont be so messy :o

No! No! No! don't be embarrased :o alot of people use these :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2363502611_4e549f397d.jpg

TMCNo1
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
You know RD, as we get older some of us need help in certain areas, so next time you come here be prepared then it wont be so messy :o

No! No! No! don't be embarrased :o alot of people use these :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2363502611_4e549f397d.jpg

That's right!
But, you won't be able to afford as many packs of Depends as you once did. You won't have the money to pay for them, paying for repairs on the boat because the warranty is void. Boat parts will come from the Salvation Army Thrift Store and the local zoo will have to feed the animals with Food Stamps.Your beer won't be as cold for lack of money to buy enough ice, you'll have to barter with the local moonshiner for boat gas, your drug dealer will threaten to file for bankruptcy and apply for bailout money! When will the madness stop?

coz
03-04-2009, 09:32 AM
That's right!
But, your drug dealer will threaten to file for bankruptcy and apply for bailout money! When will the madness stop?

oh geez! :eek: I can deal with everything but this :mad: I have important research that's unfinished :mad:

TMCNo1
03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
oh geez! :eek: I can deal with everything but this :mad: I have important research that's unfinished :mad:

As part of the pork spending in the Stimulus package we can apply for a research grant.
Oh, wait, it's already been earmarked to studying the six peckered billygoats that inhabit the local landfills!

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
As part of the pork spending in the Stimulus package

i don't doubt its a viable market but why is it all i hear about is congress wanting to oput so much money into the pig/pork industry?... seems like we've got a lot more stuff in this country too... if i had my personal gut instinct to go off of it would be hose clamps and paper clips... now THAT's where the money can be made right now

sand2snow22
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
All I know is Nicola Butler's Dad better watch his mouth, MC might just pull their endorsement of her. What an idiot :mad:

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
yea that guy talks WAY too much... he'd be advised to stay away from the forums... for the sake of his daughter's career

he's already said on there once more or less that European girls riders were garbage

cbryan70
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
MasterCraft last week laid off about 110 workers, or about a third of its workforce, from its production and administrative facilities in Vonore, Tennessee. The builder makes high-end wakeboard boats and cruisers.
The company said that about 200 employees will remain at the facility. Those laid off will not receive severance packages.
John Dorton, Mastercraft president and CEO, told local news sources that the layoffs happened because of a decline in wholesale credit availability to dealers. "The atomic bomb that has hit the marine industry is the lack of wholesale floor plan financing," Dorton told the Knoxville News-Sentinel. "We've seen wholesale credit providers drop from five domestically to one." That has not allowed dealers to order as many boats, Dorton said, so production has suffered.
"The 2008 model year that ended June 30 was a record year for the company. We were building 20 boats a day," Dorton said. "Starting Monday we will be building five boats a day, which still makes us one of the industry's highest-volume manufacturers. It's just terrible out there."
Last year, the company employed about 570 workers. It had a previous round of layoffs last August and another round in February.
Behind Sea Ray, MasterCraft is the second-largest boatbuilder in the Knoxville area.
"It's a tough, tough time right now. I don't know where the bottom is," said Dorton. "But we're still seeing decent retail activity worldwide. Our market share continues to grow significantly."

Sodar
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I heard Bayliner is going Chapter 11.

True or not true, who cares!?!?!?!?!?!?! I read through the threads about MasterCraft and just think to myself "Wow, these guys has a lot of time on their hands" (Says the guy that spends 50% of his work day on TT)

Wait until there is proof out there. I personally hope for the best for every company out there during these times.... business sucks for everyone right now.

flipper
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I heard Bayliner is going Chapter 11.

True or not true, who cares!?!?!?!?!?!?! I read through the threads about MasterCraft and just think to myself "Wow, these guys has a lot of time on their hands" (Says the guy that spends 50% of his work day on TT)

Wait until there is proof out there. I personally hope for the best for every company out there during these times.... business sucks for everyone right now.

And the other 50% on the darkside?

cbryan70
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I got this in a email. They actually are stating that they are in better shape then most companies. Word on the street is crownline is done

Sodar
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
And the other 50% on the darkside?

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... boss is watching.

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
(Says the guy that spends 50% of his work day on TT)

haha me and you both...

but i've never seen such a flame fest as on wakeworld... there was a thread about matt sims's 009 (youtube it if you haven't seen in... crazy move and he's the only one in the world who can do it)... anyways... he lives about a hr from here and its good to see a local rider doing well but some guy on there said something to the extent of

"its a cool trick but its not very stylish"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES IT IS!!!... HE'S THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD THAT CAN DO IT... its like either those guys will criticize you for doing 9's by saying you have no style or they'll criticize you for doing a backside 1 60 ft into the flats saying you aren't technical... honestly there's a lot of good info over there it's just dang near impossible to find it through all the hating and bashing going on...

and for your own protection... unless you're in a malibu don't post over there... everyone who says anything good on that site about mastercraft (w/ the exception of the CIE guys from so cal that have the red SLAMMED x-star) get pretty much destroyed

Sodar
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I hate that site. It is the most difficult to navigate and find anything. They really need to upgrade to a vBulletin style forum.

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I hate that site. It is the most difficult to navigate and find anything. They really need to upgrade to a vBulletin style forum.

n/m... see reason for editing...

cbryan70
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
benninton toons are done

Sodar
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
benninton toons are done

Source?

I heard them and Tri-Toon are doing just fine.

sand2snow22
03-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Local Monaco Coach RV company in trouble. 6 cent stock price, $1.8 million market cap? 2,000 laid off! Yikes :o:(

The New York Stock Exchange announced today that it has suspended trading of Monaco Coach Corp. and has removed the Coburg-based company from its list.

The NYSE said it based its determination on Monaco's shares trading "abnormally low." On Monday, Monaco closed at 6 cents, with a market capitalization of about $1.8 million.

The exchange had warned the 41-year-old recreational vehicle and trailer manufacturer in January that it risked delisting because its stock had fallen below the trading minimum of $1 for more than 30 days.

On Monday, Monaco announced it had begun permanent layoffs of about 2,000 workers, leaving 140 employees remaining.

If the company cannot find a buyer or secure new financing, more layoffs could be expected within the next two weeks, said Craig Wanichek, the company's director of investor relations. Monaco also said there was the potential for plant closures or a complete shutdown of the business.

coz
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Source?

That's good cuz we love tri-toons :D

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/toon.jpg

flipper
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
n/m... see reason for editing...

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
you know what i do when i get down b/c of the economy and the impending of doom of the United Stated of America?... i pinch my nipples... yep that's all you have to do... it releases enporphines to your brain making you feel happy and devilish... the perfect remedy when you're down and blue

flipper
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
you know what i do when i get down b/c of the economy and the impending of doom of the United Stated of America?... i pinch my nipples... yep that's all you have to do... it releases enporphines to your brain making you feel happy and devilish... the perfect remedy when you're down and blue

With the way the economy is going, you might want to invest in some chip clips or clothes pins or something.

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
With the way the economy is going, you might want to invest in some chip clips or clothes pins or something.

i'm thinking piercings are the way to go... then i can just get me a couple of those mini fans and get them give the studs about 5-6 flicks per second... i could spend all day in euphoria

flipper
03-04-2009, 06:03 PM
i'm thinking piercings are the way to go... then i can just get me a couple of those mini fans and get them give the studs about 5-6 flicks per second... i could spend all day in euphoria

What ever works, I was just thinking you might want to start small and work your way up.

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
What ever works, I was just thinking you might want to start small and work your way up.

good plan... don't want to OVER-do anything... naaa i just entered the down spiral of the U.S. ecomony w/ a 07 loaded Tundra and a 07 loaded X2... hahaha its cool i'll be having more fun than any of the doomsday prophets

seriously though... the wooden clothes pins are the way to go

JohnE
03-04-2009, 06:05 PM

He might need vise grips.

TMCNo1
03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
good plan... don't want to OVER-do anything... naaa i just entered the down spiral of the U.S. ecomony w/ a 07 loaded Tundra and a 07 loaded X2... hahaha its cool i'll be having more fun than any of the doomsday prophets

seriously though... the wooden clothes pins are the way to go

You did it too soon,

wakeX2wake
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
You did it too soon

my A-HOLE roommate reminds me of it nightly when he find an X2 for far less than i have in mine or a XStar for equal or less money... i've threatened his internet privelages

flipper
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
my A-HOLE roommate reminds me of it nightly when he find an X2 for far less than i have in mine or a XStar for equal or less money... i've threatened his internet privelages

hmmm, sounds like you may need to step up to vise grips then:rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
hmmm, sounds like you may need to step up to vise grips then:rolleyes:

Better get ready to cut the damn things off

Jim@BAWS

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Bunch of guys talking male nipple stimulation is just creepy.

cbryan70
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Source?

2 of their owners are done putting any money in. For the time being from what I understand they are done. from my boss who has been in the industry for over 30 years (he was the VP of zuerth transmissions) i beleive. One of the two big ones

cbryan70
03-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I could be wrong i cant find anything on it.

JimN
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM

Remind Zippy that the economy is in the crapper and it wasn't when you bought yours. Use a ball pein hammer, if necessary.

Does he have any redeeming qualities?

bobx1
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
2 of their owners are done putting any money in. For the time being from what I understand they are done. from my boss who has been in the industry for over 30 years (he was the VP of zuerth transmissions) i beleive. One of the two big ones

You may be talking about Bentley (not Bennington). I own a Bentley and supposedly they quit paying Mercury Marine for motors and they are toast for the time being (original owner is supposedly considering taking it back over). Another company that got bought out by new owners or Private Equity firms that proceeded to load the company up with debt.

http://www.pdbmagazine.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=24&threadid=22479&enterthread=y

http://www.pdbmagazine.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=24&threadid=22557&enterthread=y

wakeX2wake
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Bunch of guys talking male nipple stimulation is just creepy.

don't knock it til you've tried it

if someone could answer the question of why males have nipples anyways i would be appreciative... only thing i can figure is they're for visual symmetry...

Remind Zippy that the economy is in the crapper and it wasn't when you bought yours. Use a ball pein hammer, if necessary.

Does he have any redeeming qualities?

well he wasn't trying to be a jerk at first... then he saw it bugged me a little bit... then he was pouring it on... then i got ugly and reminded him that he always bought crap and i held out for the good stuff and if he wanted to talk about boat prices then he could buy his own the next time he wanted to wakeboard... that kind of squashed the discussion there...

JimN
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
then he saw it bugged me a little bit... then he was pouring it on..

I have worked with people like that- always pushing people's buttons and it sucks. I also worked for someone who constantly talked about all of the cool things he had, while paying us squat. He still does it when I talk to him and I haven't worked for him in over 20 years. He also says "I could have gotten it for less" after someone says they bought or had something done for them, even though he knew they were planning to do it. I made the mistake of using one of his referrals for something and it was a complete cluster flop. Absolute debacle. He buys beat to crap stuff, fixes it badly and quickly, then looks at it like it's made of gold.

Do you guys rent an apartment? Whose name is on the lease?

wakeX2wake
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you guys rent an apartment? Whose name is on the lease?

haha that's the funny part... we both own houses... i'm currently paying him rent... i bought a house when i first moved to the area and i have it rented out... its an older home i bought for this purpose... just fixed her up enough to get a good rental fee out of... like i said i'd rather save up for the good stuff before buying something permanent... basically iots such that right now (as long as the house is rented) i have enough that it covers my rent to him and the mortgage... not a house i'd normally want to live in per se... so it works out... i live for free and someone else pays for my future house

scott023
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
don't knock it til you've tried it

if someone could answer the question of why males have nipples anyways i would be appreciative... only thing i can figure is they're for visual symmetry...

well he wasn't trying to be a jerk at first... then he saw it bugged me a little bit... then he was pouring it on... then i got ugly and reminded him that he always bought crap and i held out for the good stuff and if he wanted to talk about boat prices then he could buy his own the next time he wanted to wakeboard... that kind of squashed the discussion there...

I've often wondered why we have them too... can anyone shine some light on this?

TX.X-30 fan
03-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I've often wondered why we have them too... can anyone shine some light on this?

In case you decide to have the operation nips are there. Right Sodarski73. :D

mccobmd
03-08-2009, 06:44 PM
The nipple question relates to embryology. The cells of the breast and nipple migrate before sexual differentiation.

JimN
03-08-2009, 06:58 PM
The nipple question relates to embryology. The cells of the breast and nipple migrate before sexual differentiation.

As long as they don't migrate to one side like a flounder's eyes, I don't really care.

woody
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM

I got the nipples but am missing the breasts - is there something wrong with me, I'm worried.

TMCNo1
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Now that explains it all, ain't that a b-t-h!

scott023
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM

I wasn't really expecting an answer like that... you took all of the fun out of the post.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
As long as they don't migrate to one side like a flounder's eyes, I don't really care.

This has to be one of the funniest things that I have seen on here ! ! !

TX.X-30 fan
03-08-2009, 08:15 PM
This has to be one of the funniest things that I have seen on here ! ! !

Jim has his moments when he's not busy splitting atoms. :D