PDA

View Full Version : Old Boat Buddy

CantRepeat
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey,

All you people that are removing your boat buddies, does anyone have one of the older black ones? If so, would you like to sell it?

Thanks,
Tim

BriEOD
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Some reason you need a black one? Here is a gray one:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0001975011046a.shtml

CantRepeat
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Well I had an older black one and the springs broke. Rather then trying to fix it I purchased one of the newer gray models. It seems the new on has a different compound in the plastic as the gray one is already starting to rip it self up.

So, I'm really only looking for the plastic part.

TMCNo1
03-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Well I had an older black one and the springs broke. Rather then trying to fix it I purchased one of the newer gray models. It seems the new on has a different compound in the plastic as the gray one is already starting to rip it self up.

So, I'm really only looking for the plastic part.

Contact, Kodiak, http://kodiaktrailer.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=145&osCsid=5eef2b6660e36e08707cb7d7cde13b9f and see if they can still sell you a black Boat Buddy II shroud, if they still exist.

X-5_Driver
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Why are folks getting rid of the Boat Buddy? The boat I just bought last summer has a gray one, it seems kinda handy. Are they defective?

cmw
03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Why are folks getting rid of the Boat Buddy? The boat I just bought last summer has a gray one, it seems kinda handy. Are they defective?

I have the same question. The boat I am restoring has one, but it looks like the guy tried to use it with the pin in the locked position (bent the heck out of it). I need to repair the scratches to the hull, but wondering if I should replace the boat buddy or go with a roller.

BriEOD
03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Opinions vary...

I installed one, to include the stanchion, on my old PS 190. It was a great addition. However, some people with open bows say it is just as easy to walk up and clip the winch clasp, therefore not needing the boat buddy. The boat buddy does leave some rub marks, than again some people have added carpet to prevent this.

I love mine and have an open bow...