PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass/Gelcoat Repair in SoCal

eef
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure how this forum takes to testimonials, but I wanted to vouch for Pat's Fiberglass in Upland. I was nervous taking my boat to a shop I couldn't find a whole heck of a lot of information about and would have loved to hear some positive feedback to ease my concerns before I turned it loose.

I bought my first boat, a '97 Prostar 205, last spring and my lack of experience and my lack of being able to steer in reverse sent my starboard aft into the ladder of a dock taking a decent chunk out of my gelcoat down to the fiberglass. I frantically searched the forums for a method to repair it and came to the conclusion that I was going to have to take it to a professional.

I found Pat's Fiberglass in Upland and dropped it off with the expectation that it would come back looking better, but not great. The scratch was on the border of 3 different colors and each were oxidized and faded I imagine making the job even trickier. The boat was done in less than a week and it looks amazing. He buffed out the oxidation and matched each of the colors perfectly. Now I, in all honestly, can't tell where the scratch originally was.

If you're in the area and you've got a wounded soldier, I would definitely check them out.

-Evan

P.S. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

Monte
03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info...

Sodar
03-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Pat's does great work. He has done some work on my friend's Hallett and it came out great... even with fades and multiple colors.