PDA

View Full Version : Installation of JL Audio Amp

KBryant2007
03-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I have an '05 Prostar 209 and am working out a deal to purchase Go Red's 6 channel JL Amp. I would like to mount the amp in the storage area under the passenger seat vertically on the wall. The wall is fiberglass with black carpet on the inside. I don't want to drill holes through the wall as it would show on the inside walking to the front of the boat.

What have others done to mount their amps?

TallRedRider
03-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I have an '05 Prostar 209 and am working out a deal to purchase Go Red's 6 channel JL Amp. I would like to mount the amp in the storage area under the passenger seat vertically on the wall. The wall is fiberglass with black carpet on the inside. I don't want to drill holes through the wall as it would show on the inside walking to the front of the boat.

What have others done to mount their amps?

Is there a board between the carpet and fiberglass? My 06 X-45 has about 1.5 inches of thickness there. There is apparently a board of some sort glassed into that wall.

I would put it horizontally so that you can get to the settings easier in case after you get it all dialed in...it isn't all dialed in.

BriEOD
03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
You can pull back the carpet and use some (non-wood) material to epoxy, etc, to the wall and attach the amps and other items to that medium. I've seen some people buy large cutting boards from Wal-Mart (seriously).

Mag_Red
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM

What have others done to mount their amps?If you are referring to the wall on the right, you should be fine if you use a 1/2" - 3/4" screw, I have a 4 channel amp mounted there

denverd1
03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
strip the carpet back; use liquid nails.