PDA

View Full Version : Wow

MC X-15
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
http://break.com/index/show-off-crashes-new-speed-boat.html

Sodar
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Nice Job!

These are one of the boats I would wear a kill switch on.

trickskier
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
How in the world do you do something that stupid?!?!

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Must have been a illegal alien just after he got his first American paycheck! Then he was off to buy a house he couldn't afford!:rolleyes:

Kyle's_prostar205
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Must have been a illegal alien just after he got his first American paycheck! Then he was off to buy a house he couldn't afford!:rolleyes:

What an idiot!

Sodar
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
How in the world do you do something that stupid?!?!

Well, I can tell you how NOT to do it! Do not go out there and try to crank over the wheel on a 38' Cigarette while doing 70+ mph. I am thinking this guy should have taken some driving lessons before he jumped into his new boat! 8p

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, I can tell you how NOT to do it! Do not go out there and try to crank over the wheel on a 38' Cigarette while doing 70+ mph. I am thinking this guy should have taken some driving lessons before he jumped into his new boat! 8p

If he did that good of a job driving the boat, can you imagine the dents in the new Dodge Dualie he bought to tow that thing with and the trailer fenders, just getting to the lake!

Sodar
03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
If he did that good of a job driving the boat, can you imagine the dents in the new Dodge Dualie he bought to tow that thing with and the trailer fenders, just getting to the lake!

If he is towing it with a Dodge, he really is an idiot.

Nothing but slammed Chevys are allowed to tow cool boats!

Jerseydave
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Scary stuff! Imagine if that happened on your body of water while you had a skier in the water! All boaters here in NJ have to take a safety course before they are allowed to operate any powerboat. I think all states should do this.

Plus any dealer that sells a high-performance boat should be required to give the buyer some drivers education..........that includes attaching the kill switch landyard! When I was running in some poker runs, they checked before the run that everyone had their lanyards attached. Safety first! :D

tbd01
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
If he is towing it with a Dodge, he really is an idiot.

Nothing but slammed Chevys are allowed to tow cool boats!

now thats a sweet truck!

JohnE
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Do you think a that'll buff out?

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Do you think a that'll buff out?

Probably no problem, swam to shore, loaded that sucker up took it to Julio's Auto Bodyisto and a little Bondo, Sherman Williams house paint, it was out the door 2 hours later!:rolleyes::D

Delete1
03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
That's a crappy day on the water, dumbass. Up here in the Cold North we have to have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card to drive a boat. There are courses and study guides. If you do not have one, you must by September 15,2009. If you were born after April 1, 1983 and those operating a boat less than 4m (13.1ft) require their PCOC card now. Serves the Jacka.. right, use your kill switch. Lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone around.

Justjoe
03-02-2009, 05:00 PM
That's a crappy day on the water, dumbass. Up here in the Cold North we have to have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card to drive a boat. There are courses and study guides. If you do not have one, you must by September 15,2009. If you were born after April 1, 1983 and those operating a boat less than 4m (13.1ft) require their PCOC card now. Serves the Jacka.. right, use your kill switch. Lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone around.

Really?? Do you use yours??

Classes won't keep people from doing stupid things. Getting pitched out of the boat sucks. Good thing nobody got hurt. Bet that was a LOOONG swim (or do you think one of the onlookers hopped in the damaged boat and went out to pick him up).

Good video though for watercraft instructors to show the importance of doing something (wearing the leash) even though 99.999% of the people on the water won't.

Delete1
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I do, I own a 1990 Prostar 200 with a 225hp Johnson outboard. My kill switch is on the throttle and I either attach it to my Jacket or wrist. Easier with an outboard maybe. I don't think classes help with driving either, but teaching the rules and regulations of the water for sure. What to do, signs, markers, bouys, etc. I would check the hull, push it off shore, take it for a spin and maybe pick up his sorry a...

Justjoe
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I guess. Seemed like he was an appropriate distance from shore... didn't seem to be operating in an "unsafe" manner, can't tell if he had been drinking, was going in a counter clockwise manner (as most lakes require)... just out being loud and fast (which is what those boats are for, aren't they??).

I don't know...guess I'll have to watch it again.

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I guess. Seemed like he was an appropriate distance from shore... didn't seem to be operating in an "unsafe" manner, can't tell if he had been drinking, was going in a counter clockwise manner (as most lakes require)... just out being loud and fast (which is what those boats are for, aren't they??).

I don't know...guess I'll have to watch it again.

Senior watch NASCAR, se!:D

CottagerGreg
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Lanyard it the only recommendation... maybe some booze to ease the pain on his ego....and repair bill!

shepherd
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
You guys are merciless! 8p

Can you imagine the sickening feeling while you're floating in the water watching your boat drive away without you? And hoping it doesn't hit anybody else? Like justjoe said, how many people here wear their safety lanyard?

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 10:04 PM
You guys are merciless! 8p

Can you imagine the sickening feeling while you're floating in the water watching your boat drive away without you? And hoping it doesn't hit anybody else? Like justjoe said, how many people here wear their safety lanyard?

You got that right!
Can you imagine the sickening feeling while you're floating in the water watching your boat drive away without you, that your the numbnutz that just got thrown out of your own boat?

shepherd
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
You got that right!
Can you imagine the sickening feeling while you're floating in the water watching your boat drive away without you, that your the numbnutz that just got thrown out of your own boat?

Well, we all have retarded moments now and then. Luckily, I haven't had one like that before! :eek3:

bbymgr
03-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Someone needs to start a poll as to who is the bigger jacka$$, the guy who shot himself in the other thread or this guy?

scott023
03-02-2009, 10:34 PM
What a DB...:confused: