PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Resto....

supersport255
03-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I bought a 93' prostar 205 from a dealer in Land O Lakes Fla last summer, the boat was nice, but the trailer was just plain ole ugly.. it was a galvanized trailer that had been painted white, the white was dull, and peeling in all the frame corners and joints... long story short, took the boat off the trailer in my driveway, an hour and a half job requiring 4 jack stands, a few wood blocks, a rolling floor jack, and a whole lot of patience.... after stripping the trailer to the frame, I had it sand-blasted to remove the white (housepaint) but leave the galvanized coating intact. My second "job" is an auto restoration shop I own, so the rest of the trailer work was a cake walk... I raised the trailer on stands, primed with an epoxy primer that will adhear to galvanizing and then painted with a urethane. I installed new bunk boards, lights, wiring, tires and rims, a winch, roller and bow stop, and new decals from the dealer.........the project cost me about $900.00 complete, and I now have a sweet looking custom trailer. 45020

BrianM
03-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Nice job. Looks great.

Kevin&Annie
03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Nice! I need to do mine. BAD!

TMCNo1
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
That looks very nice!

h2oskifreak
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
My trailer wasn't even safe when I bought my 75 mc. I wish I owned the body shop like you. Mine was stripped down to the bare metal, primed painted, new fenders (pics. of the powder coated ones are my avatar) and a whole lot of new stuff to make it safe. New wiring, hitch, jack spare tire holder, bunks. I feel a whple lot better towing that ride down the road now, besides it turns a few heads with the bling. I saw the guy I bought the boat from on the highway coming home from Lake Powell last summer he pulled me over cause he wanted to check out all the upgrades. There he was, travelin at 75 mph with another pos trailer. This guy is old enough to know better.

Jim@BAWS
03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I bought a 93' prostar 205 from a dealer in Land O Lakes Fla last summer, the boat was nice, but the trailer was just plain ole ugly.. it was a galvanized trailer that had been painted white, the white was dull, and peeling in all the frame corners and joints... long story short, took the boat off the trailer in my driveway, an hour and a half job requiring 4 jack stands, a few wood blocks, a rolling floor jack, and a whole lot of patience.... after stripping the trailer to the frame, I had it sand-blasted to remove the white (housepaint) but leave the galvanized coating intact. My second "job" is an auto restoration shop I own, so the rest of the trailer work was a cake walk... I raised the trailer on stands, primed with an epoxy primer that will adhear to galvanizing and then painted with a urethane. I installed new bunk boards, lights, wiring, tires and rims, a winch, roller and bow stop, and new decals from the dealer.........the project cost me about $900.00 complete, and I now have a sweet looking custom trailer. [5022[/ATTACH]

It does look AWESOME and the positioning of the graphics on the trailer look PERFECT.
The painting of a galvinized trailer...you are the man.

Now I know that you have more photos....post em up

Good Job

Jim@BAWS

h20winn
03-01-2009, 10:54 AM
How about some pictures of the boat on the floor jacks and a detailed description on how you did it? I would at sometime love to change out the bunk carpet without taking time off at the lake to do that.

Thanks

scott023
03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
supersport, that looks great... from te pics it looks factory quality. Nice work. :)

Footin
03-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Awesome job!