PDA

View Full Version : Zero Flex Flyer diameter?

X-5_Driver
02-27-2009, 11:50 PM
I have a 2001 X-5 and am looking to by a combo rack to add to my tower. I can't find the specs for the tower. Does anyone know what the diameter of the tubes are?

Thanks in advance.

Wake2wake
02-28-2009, 12:16 AM
well i think they changed the tower in 01 from the one on my 2000, but just in case, mine is 1-7/8"

brucemac
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM
my 2003 zf is (i think) 1 7/8in.

2in collar inserts work on the tower for speaks though, but they compress just enough.

if you're looking to add another board lower than the racks, be sure and get a good recommendation or it will slip i hear.

X-5_Driver
02-28-2009, 01:28 AM
my 2003 zf is (i think) 1 7/8in.

2in collar inserts work on the tower for speaks though, but they compress just enough.

if you're looking to add another board lower than the racks, be sure and get a good recommendation or it will slip i hear.

I'm going to get either a combo rack to hold a surfboard/wakeboard or just a surefboard rack. I may place it above the current rack on one side or replace one of the originals all together.

C36
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
If your tower looks like this (http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost/data/500/medium/3168.jpg) (picture of our 2001 X-5 tower) - chances are it is 1 7/8" (I have never measured it myself but that is the size quoted in an ad run by the OEM manufacturer (XTP).

I have a 2001 X-5 and am looking to by a combo rack to add to my tower. I can't find the specs for the tower. Does anyone know what the diameter of the tubes are?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan94
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a 2000 X-5, and it is 1 7/8. I have put on a Monster board rack and two Monster ski racks (picture only shows one, second has been installed lower).

Have you been surfing much behind yours? How are you putting additional weight? I have tried all sorts of configurations but have just resigned myself to the fact this boat skis like a dream, boards ok, but doesn't surf well at all.

X-5_Driver
03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a 2000 X-5, and it is 1 7/8. I have put on a Monster board rack and two Monster ski racks (picture only shows one, second has been installed lower).

Have you been surfing much behind yours? How are you putting additional weight? I have tried all sorts of configurations but have just resigned myself to the fact this boat skis like a dream, boards ok, but doesn't surf well at all.

Thanks, Jonathan. The consensus is 1 7/8, so it shall be done.

I have not surfed at all, actually. I've been boarding for about 9 years, so this surfing thing will be a new adventure. Besides filling the ballast bag I planned to employ human ballast as well. I did slow it down and load it up a few times last season before I put it away and the wake looked pretty decent but that remains to be seen. I may get some flat tractor weights and throw them underneath the ballast bag.