PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Feelin' Good

Slinkyredfoot
02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll tell ya, with all the gloom and doom that we read about all the time lately, well I am frankly sick of it all.

Went out and worked my a$$ off today making sales calls on customers face to face and I will tell everyone it was a wonderful experience.

I feel an energized self and it truly feels good to go out and work, we all got to be optimistic and this is what I did for myself today.

Does anyone care and what is everyone else doing to feel good about themselves? :confused:

Does it not feel good to know spring is right around the corner here in the midwest

Where did the bong go Michael? :D

cbryan70
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
hell i am ready for spring....boat sales should pick up and the water will warm.....

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Does anyone care and what is everyone else doing to feel good about themselves?
New gun, makes me feel better.:cool:

Monte
02-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I ran on the eliptical for 20 minutes then did a couple sets of weights/ push-ups/ situps/ lunges and the like today .. I feel pretty good.

kycat2007
02-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I did push jerk 7 reps up to 185lbs.
Did a mini filthy fifty
25 pullups
50 24in box jumps
50 pushups
50 40lb dumbell swings
50 lunges
25 pullups

done as fast as I could on the fifty so I was pumped.

I hear you on the negative. Obama said 30 times the word crisis in a speech a few days ago. You think that sticks after a while?

coz
02-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Where did the bong go Michael? :D

If you're talking to me :confused: it's right where it always is :banana: come on over, #1's on his way over right now to relieve some confusion and get that good feeling too :headbang:

TMCNo1
02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
If you're talking to me :confused: it's right where it always is :banana: come on over, #1's on his way over right now to relieve some confusion and get that good feeling too :headbang:

I'll be there in a little bit, the 55 gallon bong I built is hard to roll down the road, cause my lawnmower trailer is too small!:rolleyes:

coz
02-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll be there in a little bit, the 55 gallon bong I built is hard to roll down the road, cause my lawnmower trailer is too small!:rolleyes:

Can't wait :banana: we've heard about that sucker all the way out here in the middle of the desert :woohoo:

chudson
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Cubbies won yesterday against the Dodgers on a Micah Hoffpauir grand slam. That felt real good, spring is right around the corner !!!

edit: And my son told me he wants to barefoot this year YAHOO !!!

flipper
02-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Dang harold....selfish huh. You don't have a tube for the mrs?

corey
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Feeling pretty great here! Snow storm is rolling in, theres just something about a good snow storm that puts you in a good mood, loved them ever since I was a kid. I miss summer, but if its going to be winter I want it to be WINTER!

Muttley
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Sick of the %$#@ing snow. Another 4" last night.

BUT:

9 day until I leave for Aruba!!! :dance::woohoo:

TMCNo1
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Arnold feels good about himself, he has a movie role!

coz
02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Arnold feels good about himself, he has a movie role!

It's not a shirtless role :rolleyes: we all know that stuff makes you want lotsa twinkies, ding dongs & ho ho's :confused:

http://kroppsbygging.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/arnold_schwarzenegger_fat.jpg

TMCNo1
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
It's not a shirtless role we all know that stuff makes you want lotsa twinkies, ding dongs & ho ho's :confused:

http://kroppsbygging.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/arnold_schwarzenegger_fat.jpg

Wow, that's what happened to me!:rolleyes::D

Monte
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow, that's what happened to me!:rolleyes::D

You meant in reverse though.. right8p:rolleyes:

barefoot
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Sales are up for me about 14% year over year.

I was just hired by a little chocolate company—Ghiradelli--to do some trade shows. Easy work, great people, and everyone is always excited to get samples of chocolate! (And they pay really well!)

Getting a fat tax return.

I hired an employee about 6 months ago who will, one day, be a heavy weight in the coffee industry. The intellectual capacity this guy has for all things coffee is truly amazing me. It’s been really rewarding to see him progress, improve, and learn. I’m really excited for his potential.

Looking at opening a new shop, but the banks seem to be a little timid to lend money. I’ll have to see what can be done about that…

KnoxX2
02-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Thats great to hear Ryan! Congrats

barefoot
02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Thank you, sir!

jss101
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
This is a great thread! I'm sick of the doom and gloom too. My company has been just collapsing with no sales and we've been laying people off left and right. But! I'm having a great time! I'm working on some new growth opportunities and it's great fun. Went running yesterday too in 17 degree weather. That puts hair on your chest! Actually it was great. Very invigorating. Now I've got to do some upper body work to get in shape for skiing this spring.

Business may suck, but ski season will come no matter what! ;) Can't wait to break out my 205V.

coz
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I was just hired by a little chocolate company—Ghiradelli--…

Little company? :D I'm a chocoholic and especially after a research session :cool: and Giradelli has always been one of my favs :D

Good luck :headbang:

pbloss
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I have taken a week off of workouts to rest some overuse aches and pains. This is just to get ready for the big spring push! I am a PTA with alot of sports meds experience. I have a killer slalom and barefoot workout if anyone is interested.

Pat:

barefoot
02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Luck, Cus???? It's all skill, baby!

Actually, I fell into this one. A former employee asked if I'd be interested....I guess I made a good impression because they booked me for a few more dates. All in all, it's enough to buy a few toys for the boat! And then some!

One thing I can't believe is how much product they give away. Need some samples? Take some! Hungry for a candy bar? Take three! You want 10lb of chocolate? Go ahead! These guys don't want to take any on a flight. You want it, it's yours!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Saw this today....... (http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/02/25/fear-of-obama-drives-gun-stocks-higher.aspx)

cbryan70
02-26-2009, 11:52 PM
cabelas cant keep them in stock.......guns that is

JohnE
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm feeling good. Got a brand new boat, working everyday (self employed, forever), in better shape than I've been in a few years, oiled my teak twice in the past 2 days, got my $3K zo rebate check today, sent in my cash reward registration, and csm is coming up.

Gonna go see if the little lady is up for a good time, too.:D

Jerseydave
02-28-2009, 09:43 AM
JohnE, self-employed same as you and slowly building my customer base. Going out today to knock on some doors, because once summer comes it's 3-day weekends every weekend!

My contractor just finished my basement, so I'm having some (wakeboard) friends over next weekend to break in the bar!

Oh, and hoping my lady is up for a good time tonight too! :D

JohnE
02-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Dave, what do you do?

TMCNo1
02-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Saw this today....... (http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/02/25/fear-of-obama-drives-gun-stocks-higher.aspx)

I figured all the gun sales was for the drug people in Mexico!:rolleyes::D

suedv
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
The sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue. I don't have a job yet, but were living very carefully with our money and were getting by OK. I'm doing quite a bit of volunteer work to keep me from feeling bored and lonely at home while looking for a job.

I do 30 minutes of cardio exercise every day and about another 30 minutes of core exercises. I like feeling stonger... it makes me happy.

Now I just need to see the first crocus bloom. I'm so wanting to see life in my garden!!!!!!!!!!!! I went outside and raked up sticks off the ground in the yard just because I wanted to do something that felt like yard work. I know it was mostly pointless, but it felt good.

Happy Saturday everyone.

CottagerGreg
02-28-2009, 11:59 AM
It is true we must be fortunate for what we have...

I am lucky my job is going strong as many company's are looking into outsourcing and co-sourcing their IT department. Sure we have lost some clients, but I work hard to drive revenues through the existing client base and try closing every lead I get.

It's the inner drive to suceed! Plenty of money out there to be made....just got to work harder to earn it!

I just came off my best year for 2008.... X-star to my name, nice car... 09 off with a bang with a new loft condo the heart of downtown Toronto.

Can't wait for spring, summer as it WILL be a good time!

Positive spirit = positive outcomes!

TMCNo1
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
The sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue. I don't have a job yet, but were living very carefully with our money and were getting by OK. I'm doing quite a bit of volunteer work to keep me from feeling bored and lonely at home while looking for a job.

I do 30 minutes of cardio exercise every day and about another 30 minutes of core exercises. I like feeling stonger... it makes me happy.

Now I just need to see the first crocus bloom. I'm so wanting to see life in my garden!!!!!!!!!!!! I went outside and raked up sticks off the ground in the yard just because I wanted to do something that felt like yard work. I know it was mostly pointless, but it felt good.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Sue, hope these Jonquils make you feel a little more springlike! These are at the edge of our back yard and woods and they are calling for 3" to 5" of snow tomorrow!

X-5_Driver
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi, all. I'm fairly new to the board. I just bought a used X-5 late last summer and only got it out twice before it was time to put her away, so I'm pumped for the season to begin. Life is not too bad here in Boise, ID USA. My job is secure as a Flight Paramedic (I think) as long as folks keep doing stupid human tricks I think I will be okay ;-)

TMCNo1
02-28-2009, 01:41 PM
X-5_Driver, Guest, to register as a member, this may help,

Moderator1 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=7266) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon4.gif Guest Accounts
Some member may notice that their account read as "Guest", however you have the ability to post. These "guests" are in fact TeamTalk members. The cause of this issue is that members are registering for TeamTalk through the MasterCraft Home page and myMasterCraft link at the top of the page. Back a few months ago when MasterCraft migrated TeamTalk to the mastercraft.com domain, this issue arose. From now on, if you are a guest and wish to be fully enrolled in TeamTalk, please PM a moderator and they will email MasterCraft to have your account deleted. Once your account is deleted, please re-register here. (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/register.php)

If you have any questions, PM me and I will try to assist you.

ski_king
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I am already beginning to see the effects of the stimulas package.

I have prepared quite a few quotations for goverment facilities that claim they got a piece of the package and are gearing up to spend the money.

Slinkyredfoot
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I am already beginning to see the effects of the stimulas package.

I have prepared quite a few quotations for goverment facilities that claim they got a piece of the package and are gearing up to spend the money.

Good for you ski king..

I am somewhat at a dead end with my current position and the company I work for. I have been applying for several sales jobs and have two interviews next week. I am excited and have been doing a lot of online stuff about the interview process.

I need a a revitalization with my career and taking steps to do this. I realize it is probably not a good time to do this but there are several good positions that have been posted and I am working on a career change and I am feeling good about this.

Slinkyredfoot
02-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh,one last thing, has anyone heard of Aggreko and done business with this company?

03 35th Anniversary
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh,one last thing, has anyone heard of Aggreko and done business with this company?

I got a cousin that use to work for Aggreko.

Slinkyredfoot
02-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I got a cousin that use to work for Aggreko.

Do you know what he did and what his experience of the company was?

Burns-5
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I feel GREAT !! Just bought a new 2008 X-Star !!!!

03 35th Anniversary
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Do you know what he did and what his experience of the company was?

When a company would rent a Generator or Compressor for what ever reason, he would go and set it up and be on site support in case something happened.

He said working for them really wasn't that bad, but Lots & Lots of long hours. If a generator was to go down durning a concert or something all eyes are on you.

Jerseydave
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Dave, what do you do?

I usually pour her a few glasses of wine.................

Oh you mean what do I do for work? :D Food distributor, Dietz and Watson deli meats and cheeses. Best move I've made in over 15 years!

JohnE
03-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I usually pour her a few glasses of wine.................

Made me laugh with that one!:D

scott023
03-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I just franchised my store... been working as a retail grocery store manager for 6 years and the opportunity to franchise came up... should provide a better lifestyle for my family, and owning the bottom line will be a nice change, as opposed to working for the MAN. I finally am the man everyone will be working for. I currently employ 115 people in a 43,000sq/ft store. And I just bought a 2008 X45.:D:D

turbosdad
03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I have worked hard during many presidencies, good and bad. As one guy said there is plenty of money to be made, you may have to work a little harder. My house was bought as a place to live NOT as a short term investment.
I am tired of being told how bad things are. I put off buying a new truck because of all this talk......exact opposite of what needs to be done.

I have an 08 x-2, two motorcycles, a great family, have my health, and am self employed. In my world, the economy is the best it has been since the Great Depression. Now if the current regime doesnt tax me into quiting it all I will do this for another 20 years. I would rather be in this "depression" in the USA and that anywhere else in the world!!:D

X-5_Driver
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
X-5_Driver, Guest, to register as a member, this may help,

Moderator1 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=7266) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon4.gif Guest Accounts
Some member may notice that their account read as "Guest", however you have the ability to post. These "guests" are in fact TeamTalk members. The cause of this issue is that members are registering for TeamTalk through the MasterCraft Home page and myMasterCraft link at the top of the page. Back a few months ago when MasterCraft migrated TeamTalk to the mastercraft.com domain, this issue arose. From now on, if you are a guest and wish to be fully enrolled in TeamTalk, please PM a moderator and they will email MasterCraft to have your account deleted. Once your account is deleted, please re-register here. (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/register.php)

If you have any questions, PM me and I will try to assist you.

I tried that, it says I am already a member. I PM'd you....

denverd1
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Go to the DNS server thread. Just found it today.... solved my probs.

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I tried that, it says I am already a member. I PM'd you....
Looks like your authentic now, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=13586!:D

X-5_Driver
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Looks like your authentic now, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=13586!:D

Excellent. All my plans are falling into place (says with evil grin whilst rubbing his hands).

X-5_Driver
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Testing, 1-2-3, it says I am still a guest and my avatar and signature isn't showing up yet. Not feelin' good anymore :confused:

TMCNo1
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Testing, 1-2-3, it says I am still a guest and my avatar and signature isn't showing up yet. Not feelin' good anymore :confused:

Sorry, I had you mixed up with 225HP, but yes, you are for real, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=12111 , but yuo need to Log Off, then Log In under the updated screen name.

X-5_Driver
03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Testing....:cool:

JohnE
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Testing....:cool:

You fail. Try again:D

X-5_Driver
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
You fail. Try again:D

Woe is me.:(

JohnE
03-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Woe is me.:(

Keep trying.:D

suedv
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Sue, hope these Jonquils make you feel a little more springlike! These are at the edge of our back yard and woods and they are calling for 3" to 5" of snow tomorrow!

Thanks for posting those. Did they survive the snow????? I hope so. I'm so happy that the time change is coming up!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TMCNo1
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for posting those. Did they survive the snow????? I hope so. I'm so happy that the time change is coming up!!!!!!!!!!! :)

They fared pretty well, but there are shoots still coming out of the ground that will make up for any damage from the ones that were up during thew snow and freezing cold we've had. It's suppose to get up into the 70's this weekend so they should really pop up soon.

Slinkyredfoot
03-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I have excericed some demons this evening and I am feeling better and good...anybody else?

Slinkyredfoot
04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea, I feeling good, a new impeller for the 351 is in the works at no charge, zero cash no shipping or nutin'...my TT economic boat stimulus package from my new found best friend Grover is on its way... can't wait to recieve the generosity....I really feel I just won the Easter egg hunt...lucky me.....:D

brucemac
04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
feelin' great!

boat's at the shop getting de-winterized and 4 new pull up cleats installed.

can't wait to scratch this itch!!!!

brucemac
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
oh and the new flip flops are a total bonus :D

Gamble
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
...Grover!! You're killin' me!!!

Slinkyredfoot
04-06-2009, 09:53 PM
...Grover!! You're killin' me!!!

I am a little mixed up, I just got done watching Sesame Street and had a beer....;)

X-5 Driver
04-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm feeling good! I spent the majority of the day yesterday (sunny & 65 degrees) working on the boat. I installed speakers on the tower, serviced the batteries, topped-off the surge brake reservoir and the tires, installed boat buckles on the trailer, pulled out the inoperative back-up lights (but couldn't find replacements) and pulled the swim deck off and started attacking the teak. Life is good!:cool:

mcdoon
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I have taken a week off of workouts to rest some overuse aches and pains. This is just to get ready for the big spring push! I am a PTA with alot of sports meds experience. I have a killer slalom and barefoot workout if anyone is interested.

Pat:

Pat--Post the workout, I'd like to see it.